Lawsuit against I can't believe it's not butter!! Eeek

Options
1235»

Replies

• kschoono
    kschoono Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This surprising me that they say there is calories in I can't believe it is butter spray. I have log in one cup & also the whole bottle & it say no calories so I don't believe the article. I am sticking to using the spray that is no calories. It is yummy on popcorn, omelet & other food for great flavor. :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    This surprising me that they say there is calories in I can't believe it is butter spray. I have log in one cup & also the whole bottle & it say no calories so I don't believe the article. I am sticking to using the spray that is no calories. It is yummy on popcorn, omelet & other food for great flavor. :)

It does have calories in it. They are using a legal loophole to claim that it has no calories in it, when in fact it does. In fact, the legal loophole in question is mathematically incorrect, but clearly the law makers don't care for correct mathematics.

If you log it on MFP as a whole cup, MFP will say it has no calories, because MFP works on correct mathematics, i.e. zero times anything equals zero. However the "maths" of labelling laws is incorrect, so your cup of I can't believe it's not butter spray actually contains quite a lot of calories. Be happy that your understanding of maths is better than that of the people who make these laws, but believe me, it does have calories in it.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Wait, people use *spray* butter?

I just can't with this.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Anything other than water has some calories in it. That's common sense. Even "sugar free" products have calories in it, even if it's low.

I use Fry Light, and all it takes is one spray for whatever I'm frying not to stick to the pan. Occasionally two.

It's low cal stuff anyway. Whether it's 1, 2 or 3 calories doesn't really matter. If someone has gained weight while using those things, the fault is somewhere else. Unless someone soaks whatever they're eating in that stuff, in which case they should KNOW what they're doing is unhealthy.

In the end, people need to use common sense.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ingredients in ICBINB:

United States

The United States ingredients for the current Original Spread variety are:[8]

Vegetable Oil Blend (Liquid Soybean Oil, Non-Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Liquid Canola Oil)
    Water
    Natural Sweet Cream Buttermilk
    Salt
    Natural Soy Lecithin
    Vegetable Mono and Diglycerides
    (Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Disodium EDTA) Used to Protect Quality
    Citric Acid
    Natural and Artificial Flavors
    Vitamin A (Palmitate)
    Beta Carotene (For Color)

Ingredients in butter:
    Pure cream
    Sometimes salt

Butter FTW!

Yep, I use 1-2 tbsp of real butter every day-calories well used :)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Really?

No plastic tasting sh1t for me...I prefer real butter.

We use real butter as well. Much better for you than the 'fake' stuff
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I went to take a bottle out of the top cupboard. It fell on my head and left me with a bump. I'm cool about it, though, and won't sue - I can't believe I'm not bitter.