So what's been your NSV today?

Options

Replies

• sailrunner
    sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

At the end of a long day of coursework - including having to make a half hour presentation - all I wanted to do was veg out.
    Managed to get myself out walking and - like you- went a bit over an hour - AND I feel a lot better.
  • sailrunner
    sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    and nice job giving yourself credit!
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Husband got up early to mow, and instead of laying in bed decided to go for a leisurely walk. NSV #1. NSV #2.... found out I can't walk at a leisurely pace anymore, ended up walking over 4 miles at a pace of 4.11 mph. Felt great!
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of capris today that last summer popped the button every time I moved or sat down. This year, the capris are actually baggy and I think it won't be long before I have to replace them. As well, yesterday I had to put 2 pair of yoga pants into the donation pile because they're way too big and the ones I'm wearing now are going to have to go there soon too. Haven't lost a ton of weight but the inches are definitely dropping.
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did a hike today that I had never done before. Didn't know anything about the area. About halfway through the 3 mile uphill climb with a 30# toddler on my back I thought I would die. (but I didn't ;) ) The last 2 miles were steep downhill and were just as hard, but a lot more fun. I felt so strong and had so much energy. Even my husband noticed that I had way more stamina and was so much more sure footed than I was the last time we did a challenging hike.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i felt confident in my clothes :)
  • jessgetshealthy
    Options
    My NSV this week is that I am having more and more trouble getting dressed in the morning because nothing fits me anymore!
    I refuse to go buy tons of clothes since I am in the middle of my journey but it's great to know that my hard work is paying off!

Go shop at a thrift store!! :]
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am keeping up with my dog a lot better. She's still mostly walking me. But, I don't think she is as frustrated with my speed as she was before.

Just walking my dog in general is a NSV, since I wasn't actually able to do that for a year.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    Was going through winter clothes to put away, and a pair of size 20 pants was falling off me!
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I get to go to Victoria Secret and buy new sexy panties...no more grandma panties for me ;)
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    I get to go to Victoria Secret and buy new sexy panties...no more grandma panties for me ;)

:devil: pics, or it didn't happen lol
  • kittpitt
    kittpitt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What is NSV? Please tell us dummies.:huh:
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

and no dummies here...just newbies...lol
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    A really cute guy smiled, laughed and chatted with me while I was walking my dog. (As a chronic single girl, all my NSVs have to do with guys!) :blushing:
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here lately my work out buddy (who is like 160 lighter than me) can't keep up with me at the gym. I'm just as sweaty and breathing just as hard as she is, but when she wants to quit I keep going. We come in seperate cars now, so I can sign her in with me but she can go home when she's done and I'm still going
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I went in with a coworker on a pizza. I had one slice and am saving the rest for lunch and dinner tonight (I work overnights) and I am staying in my goals pretty much. So deep pretty good about that :)
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This morning after church a nice old lady asked if I was on a diet (I said "not specifically" because I don't think of what I'm doing as a diet) and she replied "well, you look great". She's actually the first person other than medical staff to mention that she's noticed my weight loss.

I have a long way to go, but it's nice that you look and feel a lot better on the way down as you did at the same weight on the way up :)
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All my clothes are getting looser and looser!
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    NSV for today... my fiancé was noticing my "guns" while we were walking around beer fest today :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!