So what's been your NSV today?

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Noted that my biceps are getting some awesome definition!
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My stomach is has almost completely lost its creases and nearly all of the 'cottage cheese' appearance from being pregnant and then being overweight for three years after :D I thought I'd NEVER lose those and thus I would always have a creasy, bumpy looking belly. Hurray!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I totally resisted the urge to pile drive a very smart-mouthed 8-year-old (not my kid)....Kidding of course

My NSV was that I was able to pull my knee socks over my thick calf muscles and for the first time in ages not have those bad boys roll down on me.
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    Options
    Jogged 4 miles without stopping for the first time in my life!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Ran my first 5k race today :) My goal was under 40 minutes...I made it in 31.5 min. :D
  • adstar20
    adstar20 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ran my first half marathon today. Did it in 1:52:40. When I started training for it in January, I was hoping for anything under 2:15, so I was very happy with the result. At the beginning of November when I first "ran" 5k on the treadmill it took me 51:34 so I have come a long way in six months.
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Berkshire Hathaway Invest in Yourself 5K. WALKED it in 46:23.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1) Forgot the Nike+ plug-in for my iPod but was already at the trail so did 10K anyway (resigned to the fact that it won't show up in my pretty graphs :sad:

2) Met a friend in town and had some lemon meringue pie (roughly 300 kcal). The weather was lovely so I walked home (a bit less than 5K) in around 45 minutes burning about 360 kcal. Net NSV for sure.
  • haleydself
    haleydself Posts: 66
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time I worked out while on my period, haha!! I ALWAYS used it as an excuse, and then would be back to most of my old habits by the time it was over.

I am working out again today! And I'm still super motivated!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I sound dumb, but whats nsv?

Edit- It looks like accomplishments...?

Yep, Non Scale Victories, like smaller pants or shirts, walking further. Anything that doesn't have to do with a scale!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Not a weight loss/get fit victory but my trainer told me yesterday that he enjoyed our sessions because I have such a positive outlook on life. He said that when he thinks of the positive people in his life, I am the first one that comes to the top of his mind.

It made me smile.

And he told me this all while I was holding plank for 60 sec.
  • marciat100
    marciat100 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had 2 important NSVs this past week:

1) Size 6 pants: I can close the zipper again. Still tight, but in a few days they will be comfortable, I am sure (I used to be a 14 many years ago, than reached my #6 goal and stayed there for 2 years... gained weigh and # 10 for about a year... Now I am able to be back to my # 6)

2) Went to a buffet restaurant last night... I was thinking about adding some sweet/dessert, but I was able to stay with proteins+vegetables and under my calorie goal for the dinner.

It's really good when we can see/feel results :)
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    1. On our bike ride my husband told me he was enjoying the view of my butt as I rode ahead of him. In bike shorts.

2. A sales clerk in a clothing store steered me toward the "smalls."

This made me smile BIG TIME.

My NSV:
    I went to an art festival and pretty much all they had was fried corn dogs, fried oreos and other treats, fried sandwiches and so on. I got the only non fried thing which was a turkey wrap and stuck to drinking my water. I will not be defeated today.
  • browneyes36340
    browneyes36340 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel so good , im losing and I dont have many cravings but when I do I am able to find something I can have , I have always loved my sweets but now days I dont crave them like I used too , It makes a difference when you can see and feel your accomplishments..I am able to walk 45 mins without my siatica hurting and I have seen a big difference in what I eat when i document it on MFP..I love this site...I actually don't have to eat all my calories and I feel satisfied...HAPPY HAPPY
  • starfishtiff
    starfishtiff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I skipped the free dessert table! Brownies, cookies, pastries all yelled out for me.... and I walked on by! (thats a big deal for me!) I can do this... I can do this...
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Someone beeped their horn at me when I was running this morning.
    It's amazing how my perception has changed, when I was in my twenties I would have been annoyed, today it's an NSV:)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Today, it was that I allowed myself to eat a full and big breakfast cause I felt I needed it, and tried to have faith that it wasn't the beginning of a terrible day, but that it would satisfy me once and for all and I'd be ok the rest of the day. It worked. So yeah, I learned to trust my appetite a little bit more today. That was nice.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    A really cute guy smiled, laughed and chatted with me while I was walking my dog. (As a chronic single girl, all my NSVs have to do with guys!) :blushing:

Awww!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    snugged my belt one notch tighter today!
  • hayleeannie
    hayleeannie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today, on this Cinco De Mayo 80 degree Sunday in Seattle I managed to get a little tipsy and still stay below my calorie goal!
    first time in ages:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!