How often do you weigh?

Options
13»

Replies

• Raaynn
    Raaynn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but I only log my weight once a week. I only remember my weekly weights so as long as I weigh less than I did the previous Tuesday morning I consider the week a success. the scale used to bother me quite a bit but now even if its up one day or two even im not discouraged.
  • jason41483
    Options
    I just started 9 days ago, so far I've been weighing every day when I wake up.

I'm eating 2,000-2,200 calories per day (as close to 50% c, 30% f, 20% p as I can get), walking about 7,000-10,000 steps (about 3,000-4,000 with my dog every night just before bed), and then get close to 8 hours of sleep. I'm noticing about 1 lb lost every 2 days with this combo for me personally. I'm realizing food tracking and good sleep are two areas I have been historically bad at, and making those adjustments is showing tangible differences.
  • whatyouwill
    whatyouwill Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am trying to only weigh myself first thing Monday mornings. Before eating or drinking anything. Your weigh fluctuates daily and I have found that weighing myself in the evenings didn't work as I had been eating during the day. At least in the morning there is nothing in my stomach to add to my weight.

Friday pour moi.

I tend to have a beer on the weekends so it's good psychologically for me to weigh myself after 5 days of healthy eating and exercise.
  • whatyouwill
    whatyouwill Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just started 9 days ago, so far I've been weighing every day when I wake up.

I'm eating 2,000-2,200 calories per day (as close to 50% c, 30% f, 20% p as I can get), walking about 7,000-10,000 steps (about 3,000-4,000 with my dog every night just before bed), and then get close to 8 hours of sleep. I'm noticing about 1 lb lost every 2 days with this combo for me personally. I'm realizing food tracking and good sleep are two areas I have been historically bad at, and making those adjustments is showing tangible differences.

Sounds good. I did that for 3 weeks, and then the weight didn't come off as fast. A small adjustment to 40/30/30 on the macros and incorporating the odd longer jog helped me continue at 2.5lbs a week.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When the mood takes me, to be honest! We don't have scales at home and I can't be bothered to buy some as my goals are inches rather than pounds, so if I do weigh myself it's on a whim at the gym or when staying with a family member who does have a set.

I measure myself typically once a week though, or every other week. Again it's when I remember and have a few minutes.
  • nusiax
    nusiax Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a month. Takes the stress off.
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am trying to only weigh myself first thing Monday mornings. Before eating or drinking anything. Your weigh fluctuates daily and I have found that weighing myself in the evenings didn't work as I had been eating during the day. At least in the morning there is nothing in my stomach to add to my weight.

This is what I do :smile:
  • bsaunders19702014
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday and Sunday first thing in the morning. I track my weights in the goal portion and that way I can watch the graph line move up or down showing my progress.
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    when I first started I too had an addiction to the scales and would weigh at every opportunity but now I weigh every Wednesday directly before I have Personal Training and weigh on the gym scales.

I find if ive stayed the same it motivates me to put in an even harder session during PT and if ive lost it also motivates me to put in an even harder session - so win win :-)

I also have my Trainer there with me to discuss and make me make sense of what the scales read and reaffirm to me what im trying to get to which I find really useful.

before if I weighed at home and saw no loss or even a gain id find it all too easy to give up
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning, after I use the bathroom, and plan to continue doing so even when I reach my goal weight. I find weighing myself like this incredibly consistent, and the interesting thing I find is that although my exercise and food intake are consistent each day, the way in which the weight falls off is not. Sometimes my weight may plateau for anything up to 4 days without any movement on the scale, whereas other times I might see the scale dropping little by little for several days.

When I lose the weight I intend to, I plan to maintain the habit of checking my weight daily, or perhaps shift to using a body fat calipers, as I don't intend to give my body any scope to drift into a steady weight gain pattern again.

I think I've learned a lot about how my body manages weight loss just by daily weighing, and even if I was a woman, I suspect weighing yourself daily for 4- 6 weeks would give you a very good idea about your own body weight too if your diet and exercise are relatively consistent. In fact seeing the fluctuations and patterns to the fluctuations in your body weight would probably give you a very good idea when are the times to take the most accurate readings.