Disappointment after Week 1

Options
124»

Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My first week I lost .4....yes .4 pounds! Yes, I was disappointed until someone pointed out...HEY...you lost! Then I accepted it and moved on.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    If you ate like crap over the weekend, it's entirely possible you ate like you were at a salt lick. Drink some water. Actually, drink a metric cr@p ton of water, keep doing what you were doing, and I'll bet you post a stellar loss next week.

That being said, well done on the 1.4. :)

I agree with this -down that water like it's your job for the next 2 days or so to flush out sodium. Keep up with what you are doing, and that loss is fantastic for a week!
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    1.4 lbs is disappointing?

Agreed...I haven't lost that in a month. Be proud of that!!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? It takes me a month or two to lose that much.. Be glad, at least you didn't gain. Many people do upon starting a new program, routine or diet.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Guess I should be disappointed, I only average about .5 pounds a week if it's a good week. Wow! I'd be ecstatic if I lost that much in one week.
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1.4 is actually an amazing weight loss! I know it seems low, but it is not in reality. When you think about the math, needing to have a 3500 calorie overall deficit to lose 1 pound, you did very well!:happy:
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    Doing absolutely everything right and burning 900+ cals/day I lost 2.5 lbs in a week and I was blown away. I would have been just as excited at 1.5! It's a LOSS woo hooo go celebrate.... the healthy way lol
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    1.4 is a good loss. Go to the grocery store, pick up a 1 pound package of something. THAT is what you WERE carrying around, but not any more. Good luck! You can do this.

This is a good one.

OP: Another positive is you're losing at a pace your skin can keep up with.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself!!! A loss is a loss not matter 0.1 lbs or 1.4lbs!! You lost and didnt' gain...and you even said you didn't eat so well???!!! Pat yourself on the back and keep it moving because if you can lose 1.4lbs not eating so well, just think how much you can lose EATING WELL!! :happy:

my thoughts exactly. i get a bit annoyed with myself when i put on, but a loss is to be commended no matter how big or small. :-)
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Mmmm, salt lick.
    drooling-homer-simpson_zps6d28df4e.jpg

No. Mmmmm, The Salt Lick....

Salt-Lick-BBQ-.jpg

284.jpg