I'm delighted to announce that my fiancée Yo Lazarov...

Options

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    But what's the point of saying you don't like it for you. I'm sorry, but it is rather rude given the nature of the post. I mean Yo freakin' put in WORK and did an amazing job. My opinion (or anyone else's) on how she looks or whether I might want that look for myself is irrelevant to the fact that girl has mad game for the changes she made in 5 months. What she did is not an easy feat, and the point of this post is for her proud fiancé to brag on her accomplishment, not get in a discussion on her body type. I agree with Soldier that if in one of those "30 pounds down, 30 to go" threads that if anyone wrote something like, "Good for you, but I wouldn't want to be that fat." or in a thread where someone says they've hit their goal, "Oh, I'm glad you hit your goal, but I prefer a skinnier look." they'd get blasted all to hell for fat shaming.

Agreed, in total.

I even asked on the first post, if you don't have something positive, please feel not to comment.

If I said well done, you've lost weight, but, you are still fat and still 30-50lb overweight I'd get slaughtered and/or banned from MFP.

What is the difference?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Can you please ask her if I can borrow her quads? She looks insanely awesome. Congrats to her!
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow...she looks amazing! It makes my workouts look like childsplay :wink: ! Great job!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great job and congrats! I'm always so impressed by people that manage to cut their bf% like that for shows, amazing dedication and in such a short amount of time too!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Very impressive-congrats on the win!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Thank you everyone :o))
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    She has amazing legs! Well done! What is the weight difference between the two pics?
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    About 5kg lighter :o))
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Very impressed by the changes. I would not personally want that much definition...

I am sorry but this just didn't sit right with me. I see fat people post progress pictures in the success stories forums all the time. Sure they are less fat in their after pictures but still obese and all anyone ever says to them is "Great Work".

Here we have someone who in about 5 months of brutal discipline and hard work achieved a goal that most of us could never dream of and we have people posting stuff like "Congrats but I don't like it." or something like that. Just imagine if someone were to post "Nice work but you're still obese." That would not be considered acceptable.

Why is it ok to say thing like that to those on the other end of spectrum? I have been following Yo and Matt's story since they got it in their head to try and win one of these things with Yo being the one in the hot seat. I have been trying to follow the workout myself and my progress is literally nothing by comparison.

This isn't easy to do. It takes a lot of courage to get up on a stage in front of a lot of people with nothing more than your body to show for you hard work and no guarantee of winning. Yo was a champion before she even go on the stage. She deserved to be recognized for her accomplishment.

I see that this has evolved in to something of a rant but I am working on looking like Matt one day and if I pulled it off and someone told me "You look good but..." I would be a bit discouraged.

It wasn't intended as "You look good but". It was more like "You look good and I'm impressed with your dedication, but it's not for me." Just like my friends who think eating 1240 calories a day (which is what I did early in my weight loss) was nuts but they still gave me encouragement, while asking "are you eating enough, because I'd starve to death on that"? The fact they thought I was "doing it wrong" didn't take away from their encouraging comments at all (for me). So the fact that I say I am not looking for that level of definition was in no way intended to be a discouraging remark.

However if that's how it came across to you, I sincerely apologize. I truly am impressed as heck with her progress, particularly given the time frame. She looks amazing. I would never have that level of dedication and she is to be commended for having it.
  • Yo_Lazarov
    Yo_Lazarov Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :0))
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    This is exactly the look that I am going for. It's taking longer than 6 months for me, though. But since I started eating closer to 1800 calories as opposed to 1500 calories, I have gone from 26% body fat down to 22% in that amount of time. I'm not putting a deadline on myself, but I would like to think that I will achieve something similar to this before the end of this summer. I love seeing progress pictures like these as they give me motivation. It seems that the majority of people on MFP have set their goal weight for higher than what my current weight is, so I need more pictures and stories like Yo's!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow, she really looks incredible. And I love her trophy :)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Woman to Amazon.

Amazing!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's not my cup of tea, but wow and congrats. She should be very proud. And thank you for sharing your pride in her achievements.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow OP, she looks amazing!! Congrats to her!!
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    Wow- she looks incredible! Congratulations to both of you. And I am very jealous of those dents on the side of her bum, I dream of having those...
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both. Such an accomplishment! Laz, I envy your quads. Big time. :drinker:
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Wow that 's awesome work Congratulations! :drinker: For Yo --> :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    Gorgeous.
    Strong, and beautiful :flowerforyou:
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Congrats to her! She looks great! :flowerforyou: