SAHM 5/24 - 5/30

Options
124»

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I'm a comfortable 36" on the waist (belly button also) and wear a size 14 here which is a size 10 US The rest of me fits nicely into a 12 (8) BUT I muffin so I stick with the 14s for now.
    Would be 34" or 35" if I pulled the tape *tight* but that feels like cheating LOL
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your support, gals. I have a hard time believing I'm in an 8. I've never been smaller than a 16, except as a pre-teen, so 8 is a hard (but tasty) pill to swallow. I think I have an average, short frame. I'm convinced I'm built like a Quarter Horse, LOL. Short, stocky, made to be a sprinter, but does it all anyway ;)
    I should throw my shorts at my friend, huh? Say TRY EM ON! Then I'll know if they're really 8's or a vanity 8.

Right leg from hip to knee is buggin' me today. Dunno what I did to make it so grumpy. Hurts to walk. Had to teach sharing time in Primary today. I guess it's true what they say about losing yourself when serving others (didn't notice leg pain again until after church)

Off to have dinner at friends house. We have mutual friends coming in from out of town, and I haven't seen them since I was first pregnant with Grace, and they've had a little monkey since then, too! It will be fun to meet new little person. We are providing salad & dessert (fresh fruit drizzled with sweetened condensed milk)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    girls you are doing GREAT!!

welcome mel

and trish--congrats! are you sure she's a FRIEND not a frenemy.
    that was just snarky.
    you have worked so hard to get to this point, cheering us along the way, inspiring too! don't let anyone take that away from you--no more brain space on that!

melissa--i would give it a try. it's worth it to kick the plateau. and remember, everyone else is just concerned about themselves so they're not fixated on you.
    next time i'm on a tm, i'm gonna try bumping up the incline a bunch and see how it kicks me!

trish, i like how you got us started looking at measurements.

i like things loose around my waist espec as so much can upset and bloat my stomach. (like tooooo much spaghetti last night)
    i'm 31in at my belly button but 36in around my spare tire--and i didn't measure my hips/butt. i wear a very loose men's 34 gap khaki shorts, a comfortable 12 CK from costco shorts. 10's are too tight (but fit me nicely last summer).
    for me that's the diff b/n being at 140ish vs 135ish.
    and the large tight tops are tight rt now cuz of the boobs--will be more comfortable 5# from now.

thanks for the reminders girls that i can keep at this. that i'm not so "far gone" to not make a comeback. i really appreciate having you all here. (hugs)

got packing/organizing done today and grocery store. not much else. didn't fit in exercise--b/c i'm busy with all the other stuff. dh is home (yay!) and will be tomorrow too.

btw, thank you to all those who serve in our armed forces--those who gave their lives, those who are still active, those who retired, and THEIR FAMILIES. your service is very much valued and appreciated. :heart:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Stacey, unless you're dead, it's never too late! :)

New topic here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99243-sahm-5-31-6-6
  • mell23
    mell23 Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks for the warm welcome ladies : ) i am just hopping this weekend wont make my diet go down the drain with all these bbq's going on lol. have a great memorial day !!