Easy breakfast that sticks with you?

Options
sunshyncatra
sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
What is your favorite quick breakfast that keeps you full into the morning?

Mine current favorite is oatmeal with banana and egg. Mix 1/2 cup plain oatmeal (I use quick cut oats) with water, 1/2 a banana and one egg. Zap in the microwave for around 90 seconds. Stir to mix the banana into the oatmeal and enjoy! You can't even taste the egg. I don't need a snack for hours after this treat!

Replies

• apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I've been rotating between:

Green smoothie (kale/cucumber/celery/parsley/carrot) and slice of sourdough toast w/Brummel and Brown spread
    or,
    a bowl of Fiber One Cereal (original version) w/1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1 tsp golden raisins and a Dannon Greek Yogurt

Both have been keeping me pretty satisfied for several hrs til lunch time.
  • shawnmaire74
    shawnmaire74 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That sound so good, totally going to try. My go to is egg and cheese breakfast wrap. Low calorie and filling.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I like Oatmeal

callout-about-quaker-history-1987.sflb.ashx
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of wheat toast, 1 tbsp peanut butter, .5 banana sliced on top, 2-3 medium strawberries on top of the banana, drizzle of honey on top of the strawberies
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I either have a pre-made protein shake or make a protein smoothie. Gives me lots of protein first thing in the morning which stays with me until lunch. ~
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Chewy Granola bar before workout

Rotate for breakfast after workout:
    1. 3/4 cup of egg substitute scrambled, one piece of wheat toast with country crock butter and a banana
    2. Protein shake, aloe shot and herbal tea
    3. Whole Wheat Thomas Bagel with 2tbsp of Veggie Cream Cheese
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt w/ 1/4 cup of granola, 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1/2 banana.
  • 4littlebees
    4littlebees Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Those all look tasty...but don't they give you too much sugar? I'm having the HARDEST time keeping my sugar down, and I don't even eat a ton...mostly fruits and such.

I've been going with broccoli (at least a cup), onions and peppers...scramble in an egg and a tablespoon of shredded cheddar, serve it up with half a slice of whole wheat or one Kashi whole wheat waffle (no butter or syrup--oh, how I miss butter).
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Usually I have a scrambled egg and half a cup of black boiled beans with mint tea; or a bowl of corn flakes and skimmed milk :)
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt mixed with a serving (1/2 cup) of grape nuts cereal. Keeps me going for several hours.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time I don't even eat breakfast foods anymore (when I have a chance to eat breakfast lol I've been somewhat busy lately.) However, when I do eat breakfast foods at breakfast time I like egg whites, bacon, cheese, raw spinach, and a glob of mayo. I know it sounds gross, but it usually sticks with me till late lunch time (like 3-4pm.) Then again, I always eat a ton of bacon (pork side) and that could be why.
  • mishgetshealthy
    Options
    I second oatmeal! I use the flavored packets, add a couple tablespoons of oatmeal, a splash of craisins, a sprinkle of cinnamon and sometimes a Splenda packet (because I have a mean sweet tooth). I use it for lunch sometimes too, especially if I know I have a high calorie dinner planned or something. It's super filling, tasty, and fast!!
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My favorite filling breakfast is 1 egg (or 2 egg whites), avocado, fresh salsa on a spinach wrap. Sometimes I'll add cheese or sour cream. Or skip the wrap and add an extra egg.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Six ounces of plain or vanilla Greek yogurt, two tablespoons of peanut butter, and half of a tablespoon of honey all mixed together with banana slices on top.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and eat it almost every day...but, my new favorite breakfast is French toast made with egg whites, 2 slices of whole grain bread, half a sliced banana and simply fruit...yummy!!!! And very filling!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg on toast with butter, does it for me every morning
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds, string cheese, and a banana. Or half an Odwalla protein smoothie. With coffee. Always vitamins. I am not a morning eater...
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One serving of quick oats made with water, with a mini box of raisins cooked into it. I add a scoop (25g) of Promisil Soft Serve Vanilla protein powder after it is cooked. It isn't super yummy, but it is perfectly edible and very satisfying.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with some kashi cereal or cottage cheese with some crackers and cantaloupe = protein and flavor YUM
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Chipotle Egg Wrap

One egg (cracked into a saucer, scrambled with fork, microwaved for 1-1:30 min)
    One small tortilla
    A dollop of Chipotle Ranch dressing (spread over tortilla)
    Place cooked egg on tortilla
    add other veggies, cheese as desired...
    Fold or Roll...Enjoy and have seconds