Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas!!
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    I have three standard breakfast that I like, depending on how much time I have in the morning.
    1. 4 white omelet with veggies and 2 oz of cheddar cheese 2%
    2. protein shake
    3. Apple cheddar melt (whole-wheat English muffin, toasted, 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter, 4 thin apple slices, 1 slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese)

On Sundays if I feel like it will make : oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes, freeze them.... Easy for when you're running late.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    During the week, I have 2-3 eggs scrambled with two rashers of bacon, two tomatoes, a pepper, a chilli, a teaspoon of coconut oil and some hot sauce. Possibly strange but filling and tasty.
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a big advocate of eggs! Especially because they're really versatile and you can't get bored! Heres what I have:
    Tomato and onion omlette
    Mushroom omlette
    Boiled eggs and wholemeal toast to dip
    poached egg on a crumpet
    scrambled eggs with ham and tomatos
    scarmbled eggs with low fat bacon

I also had a phase of cottage cheese but sometimes the taste is a bit strong for an early start but I'll put it down anyway!
    Cottage cheese, ham and tomato (sometimes I had wholemeal toast with this)
    cottage cheese, grilled mushrooms and tomato

and then also:
    grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatos and ham/bacon
    grilled mushrooms on wholemeal toast

Hope they help!
  • cathyc15
    cathyc15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My new favourite breakfast because its fresh, colourful and healthy. I rotate between variations of this and a fruit salad so I don't eat the same things everyday.
    1 slice of quality whole-wheat bread
    1 egg, sunny side up
    Sauté: 3 sliced up mushrooms, chopped up red onion, clove of garlic, and toss in chopped up baby spinach and a bit of sun dried tomato pesto. Once the spinach has cooked a bit top, the toast with a couple tomato slices, the egg and then the veggie mix.
    Sounds like a lot but it only takes a few minutes for everything to cook. If I'm looking to make it more substantial then I'll add some avocado or cook 2 eggs.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Fruit (any kind) and one egg omlet w/ about 14g low fat mexican 4-cheese blend
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    no breakfast for me :)
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    cereal
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    1 packet of oatmeal
    and 1 apple.

keeps me full and not thinking about food till noon. (i eat bfast at 7am)
  • karu77
    karu77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal as well, but sometimes I like to eat semolina porridge or rice pudding (in Germany this is just either special rice for rice pudding or sushi rice boiled in milk, no eggs, no butter, a teaspoon sugar is enough) and fruit, of course :)
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my usual breakfasts:

oatmeal with fruit and walnuts
    plain yogurt with fruit and walnuts
    cottage cheese with melon
    sprouted grain toast with fried eggs
  • Marrowshard
    Marrowshard Posts: 24
    Options
    This site doesn't make the distinction, but natural sugars from fruits and veggies isn't the same as processed sugar added to something. I have a whole raw mango (peeled, seeded) for lunch most days and it KILLS my sugar totals but you can't get much better than raw fresh fruit. It's way different than if I had syrup-added canned fruit, even if te calories worked out the same.
    Don't get hung up on the sugar naturally present in fresh fruit.
  • jonathanmhobson
    jonathanmhobson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Porridge made with skimmed milk, a teaspoon of honey, mix in a scoop of low carb protein powder.
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of wheat toast, 1 tbsp peanut butter, .5 banana sliced on top, 2-3 medium strawberries on top of the banana, drizzle of honey on top of the strawberies

Oh my gosh...that sounds sooo good. I'm going to have to try that...
  • NeverThatEZ
    NeverThatEZ Posts: 43
    Options
    Bagel with cream cheese! :)
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    On days I work 12 hour shifts (7a-7p) I have a bowl of Special K Protein Plus Cereal with 1 TBSP of Milled Flax, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 C. Skim Milk.... If I am at home I usually have 1 egg or 2 egg whites and a piece of toast with fruit or Oatmeal with blueberries and flax and sometimes a banana half.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with bacon mixed inside.

Plain Greek yogurt+ a serving of protein powder, maybe a little milk to thin it out. Just did this with cookies and cream powder and I am stuffed. Had 42g of protein, 200 some odd calories, and best of all was really yummy.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have the same most days. Oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk and a mashed banana (mashing the banana actually tastes better than slicing). Sometimes I top with sliced almonds. All washed down with a mug of hot water and fresh lemon. Keeps me going all morning.