Easy breakfast that sticks with you?

Options

Replies

• tom10239487
    tom10239487 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been having a smoothie for breakfast every day for the last few weeks. It depends on what's in the fridge, but recently the basis has been: 1 banana, a good handful of fresh spinach, 1/4 of a pineapple, 1 kiwi, a slosh of low fat yoghurt, 1/2 avocado, and 2/3 cup of oatmeal.
    I sometimes put in frozen berries, carrot, mango, chopped almonds or cottage cheese. Or occasionally I add a raw egg if I feel I need the extra protein (like post-workout).
    Contrary to the belief of my housemates, they are always delicious and something to look forward to! I'm a little worried that it's a bit much sugar from all the fruit, so I've been cutting down on that a little, but other than that it seems to work and I feel great!

Tom
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    a small egg cracked into an avocado half and baked for 10-12 minutes served with a grilled tomato half hollowed out and filled with sauteed kale or spinach - add half a tortilla cut into wedges and lightly toasted in a frying pan and this is my favorite breakfast! under 400 calories and I stay full all morning

Holy moly this sounds AMAZING.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Ask my girlfriend.
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast. You can slice a banana and put it on too.....veryy easy and keeps you full!
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eggs - either boiled or made into an omelete with cheese and sometimes abit of salami too :) Carnivore!!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Ask my girlfriend.
    You owe me 25 dollars for dry cleaning. That stuff is hard to get out of clothes.
  • andiecheyenne
    andiecheyenne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump and following!!! :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Ask my girlfriend.
    You owe me 25 dollars for dry cleaning. That stuff is hard to get out of clothes.

Um, that was me. I thought we talked about not getting us all mixed up?
  • existentialcamoo
    Options
    Oatmeal is my #1 fave. I like to mix it with Nutella or Chocolate Peanut Butter JIF. Calories, schmalories, I can burn them off later. Chocolate is always a great way to start the day. Plus, nut butter adds to that stick-to-your-ribs feeling.

Green or red monster Naked smoothies are great, if I am in a hurry at school or whatever. They have a lot of sugar, but it's not added, and they're only every once in a while.

For something not-so-sweet, I like to make "lazy" chile relleno: scrambled eggs, but with chopped green chiles and monterey jack cheese. Also, preferably with diced seasoned red potatoes, if I'm feeling starchy.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    40g oatmeal with cinnamon,stevia and a drizzle of sugar free jello mix.
    150 cal.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is 1/2 cup of quick cook rolled oats, 2/3 cup of skim milk, one tablespoon of Natural Skippy peanut butter with honey, a chopped up banana and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (for anti-inflammation) Mix it all together and nuke it for a couple of minutes.

Tastes great, incredibly filling and less than 400 calories.
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I scramble two eggs with one slice American cheese and 1/2 cup of fresh asparagus. I season with Italian seasoning. I stay full, get a good amount of protein and it tastes amazing! This is my fave go to breakfast. I didn't have it this morning, so I will probably have it for dinner! LOL!!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I always mix my breakfasts up. Some of my favourites are...

A bagel with peanut butter
    Greek yogurt with muesli and honey
    Greek yogurt with Special K honey clusters and dried natural apricots
    Porridge with raisins
    Greek yogurt with a Special K red berries bar crumpled in and a tablespoon of jam

:)
  • Trekmum
    Trekmum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 1/2 cup of egg beaters in a coffee cup with 1wedge of laughing cow cheese mixed in. Nuke in microwave for about a minute. It is creamy good and keeps me for several hours.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    One egg fried in pam,on top of a piece of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread. Either two turkey sausage patties or two turkey bacon. Total around 215 calories.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Grits.
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm limited on time during weekdays so my go to is raisen date walnut oatmeal and I add a 1/2 T of brown flaxseed, sliced almonds, and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i rotate between the two below

breakfast sandwich with 2 eggs and whole wheat bread (some days egg whites some days whole eggs) no cheese
    premier nutrition ready to drink chocolate protein shakes (very low sugar high protein keeps me full)