after your workout do you always have time to shower?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Gross. Yes I ALWAYS shower. That is so gross.

there will be no shower shaming here...this is a place of support.

Some folks have children who suddenly have needs when shower time rolls around. Myself, you know it's like Newtons fifteenth law or something. A woman who wakes at 5am to get work out and shower in before kids wake up, will be stopped by those children because they will wake up at 5:15 preventing the peaceful workout and cleansing shower.

That doesn't set a very good example for the kids. I would think that having kids, you would try to be MORE hygenic, not less.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That doesn't set a very good example for the kids. I would think that having kids, you would try to be MORE hygenic, not less.

It has nothing to do with that. I have an 8 year old who would be fine but I also have a 3 year old. I work out at home and they are usually doing it along with me. I can't just go hop in the shower and leave the 3 year old unattended.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I thought women didn't sweat. I thought you ladies only prespired.

Ha, I call BS. The best workouts are the ones that end with me dripping with sweat and smelling like a used sock. That's how I know I earned my calories that day. I'm not even a little bit ashamed of it. None of this glistening, sparkling, or schvitzing crap. I earn my sweat as much as any guy.

For me, I like to sit for a few minutes and cool off and then shower. If it's a lighter workout, like yoga, I don't always feel the need to shower right away. If I've been running and the weather is cool, I may not need to. If it's hot out or I've been rock climbing, I definitely shower. Depending on how much I was sweating, sometimes I'll sit and relax and have a snack first, and sometimes it's basically a necessity that I shower immediately, in consideration of those around me :-p I shower at home though, never at the gym. There IS a shower there, but I've never seen anyone use it... not sure I want to know what's living in those tiles. I only live 5 minutes away and I'm driving, so it's no big deal to just hop in the car and head home to shower.

The shower feels nice after a hard workout anyway. Nice hot water on my sore muscles...
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sadly not always a shower shower but I will try to do a bird bath lol and freshen up my deodorant so I don't stink out co-workers
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

Some folks have children who suddenly have needs when shower time rolls around. Myself, you know it's like Newtons fifteenth law or something. A woman who wakes at 5am to get work out and shower in before kids wake up, will be stopped by those children because they will wake up at 5:15 preventing the peaceful workout and cleansing shower.

I know what's better.... Here ya go kids! Remain totally unsupervised while mommy ignores you for her own selfish reasons! The kids come FIRST!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

I know what's better.... Here ya go kids! Remain totally unsupervised while mommy ignores you for her own selfish reasons! The kids come FIRST!

No excuse. I'm sure when they start saying "Mommy you stink," you will see how important that is. First it is teaching them poor hygiene. Second keeping sweaty clothes on can cause yeast infections in women, that is a fact. Third, if you have time to exercise then you have time to shower. What are your kids doing while you are exercising? Why can't they do the same thing you give them to pass the time while you workout while you shower. Or if tthey are exercising with you tcan wash the little ones while you wash yourself. Stop trying to justify an action that is just not acceptable in a society where running water is abundant and soap is plentiful.
    Options

No excuse. I'm sure when they start saying "Mommy you stink," you will see how important that is. First it is teaching them poor hygiene. Second keeping sweaty clothes on can cause yeast infections in women, that is a fact. Third, if you have time to exercise then you have time to shower. What are your kids doing while you are exercising? Why can't they do the same thing you give them to pass the time while you workout while you shower. Or if tthey are exercising with you tcan wash the little ones while you wash yourself. Stop trying to justify an action that is just not acceptable in a society where running water is abundant and soap is plentiful.

DO try and get over yourself.
  • TyFit08
    Options

DO not post a topic if you don't want to hear an opinion different than your own.
    Options

DO not post a topic if you don't want to hear an opinion different than your own.

Umm..... I didn't post this topic. LOL.... you can't even figure out who the original poster is? You should just go ahead and get over yourself. You know, just do it.
  • TyFit08
    Options

Umm..... I didn't post this topic. LOL.... you can't even figure out who the original poster is? You should just go ahead and get over yourself. You know, just do it.

I stand corrected, I guess I was blinded by the stench coming from those who bypass regular showers.
    Options

I stand corrected, I guess I was blinded by the stench coming from those who bypass regular showers.
    No one said anything about not taking REGULAR showers, just that there may be a DAY where the shower gets missed until time permits. Again, your ego looks like it's starving here. Maybe you would like to go feed it?
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    meow! a little cat scrap!!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yep, always!
  • badjuju775
    badjuju775 Posts: 47
    Options
    Yes, but I have a workout room at home. If it was at a gym, prly not until I got home.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    for the ladies it is smelling like sweaty vag, especially if they are wearing thin yoga pants.

cFPOD.gif

it gets hot down there.

Who doesnt love a good vag fannin? Thats like the best part of having a vag getting to air it out. If you really want to disturb the men in your life queef a little while fanning...and watch the look on your man's face. Oh the hilarity that ensues
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I usually give myself to cool down a little while I have my postworkout snack, then I shower. I can easily smell the stank from my armpits if I don't. Bet all the guys want to date me now...haha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guys love female armpit stank at least the normal ones.