What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites, one whole egg, frozen mixed peppers and onions, a handful of spinach or whatever is available, mushrooms, garlic, low fat cheese whatever I got. The trick is to make sure you have your vegetable cut or frozen, so you grab it easily, when your half a sleep :). And my other fav go too ,Kashi's Cinnamon Harvest with vanilla unsweetened almond milk. YUMMY!! I even have that as a treat or snack any time of the day. If you want to freshen up your oatmeal, try a 1/2 or small banana, 1 tbs reduced fat peanut butter mixed in old fashion oats :)
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Protein is great for breakfast- keeps you full longer!

I eat a variation of the same thing every day:

3/4 cups egg whites
    fresh mushrooms
    baby spinach
    low-fat cheese
    sometimes a slice of ham chopped up in there
    198 calories

OR

3/4 cup egg beaters (usually Southwestern)
    chunky salsa
    low-fat cheese
    150 calories
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What I like to do every Sunday morning. I'll cook my breakfast for the whole weekend, It just makes it easy for me.
    I'll do
    2 Egg whites
    2 Egg Beaters
    Maybe 2 OR 1 Tukey sausage or Turkey Bacon
    Mix vegg. I'll cut Bell Peppers every color onions and some kind of green chile
    Spinach 1 cup
    Or some weeks I'll do oatmeal, with fresh apple or almond slices and cinnamon.
    I'll put the 1/2 chopped apple in while cooking.

Hope this helps
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    English muffin with almond butter, and my protein drink. :)
  • fiyahwerks
    fiyahwerks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3 egg white omelette with fresh baby spinach and 1 chopped roma tomato. Sometimes I add a tbsp of Feta Cheese. Or I make a quick Banana and whatever fruit I have available smoothie with my nutribullet, adding milled flaxseed to it. Both takes under 15 minutes and I can munch/sip for my commute for work.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt (plain)
    a spoonful of protein powder (vanilla)
    berries
    a sprinkle of granola

coffee with 1.5 tbs of cream

every.single.day. :-)
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am so boring, usually 1 of the 2 things below.

1 english muffin, toasted
    1 egg white (I cook it the night before, put in the fridge wrapped in a paper towel, and zap in the microwav the next morning for 15 seconds)
    1 tsp homemade garlic or spinach hummus
    5 leaves of baby spinach

or

overnight oats
    1/2 cup old fashoned rolled oats
    1 cup silk light almond milk
    1/2 tsp light brown sugar
    2 tbs chia seeds or 2 tbs ground flax
    5 blueberries
    put in the fridge overnight
    next morning zap in the microwave for 2 and 1/2 minutes stirring every min. (like my oats hot)
    sprinkle of homemade granola
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    2-3 scrambled eggs from my backyard girls
    100 - 300 grams of some sort of fruit
    2 cups of coffee w/ 1T creamer
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie! It gives me so much energy, it tatses good, and it's only like 250 calories.

2 cups of water or coconut water
    1.5 cup spinach
    1.5 cup romaine lettuce
    4 stalks of celery
    1 banana
    1 apple
    1 pear
    lemon juice from half a lemon

Trust me, it's delicious. And it's so good for you.
  • jdatillo
    jdatillo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greek yougurt
    English Muffin with Peanut Butter
    Grapenuts with skim milk
    Protein Bar
    Egg Muffins - Take eggbeaters, spinach and mushrooms. Spray a muffin pan with non stick spray fill these up and bake until bubbly. I reheat them throughout the week.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    LOL, love all this eggwhite stuff.

I eat two whole duck eggs plus maybe one chicken egg, 1.5 ounces of full fat cheese, sometimes bacon or sausage. I usually use cream in my eggs to fluff them up. And a sliced apple or something on the side. Sometimes I'll throw in half a pound of ground beef in the eggs. It's about a 900 calorie breakfast, but I typically eat twice a day.
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs with a little tabasco thrown in for flavor, occasionally a cup of spinach thrown in first to make an "omelet" and also a serving of fruit- strawberries/banana/orange and my coffee. I wake up at five everyday for work so I gotta have the java.
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do low carb so it's always protein for me. Typically, one fried egg and 2 slices of bacon. Sometimes, scrambled eggs or an omelette. I also have coffee with 1 TB of heavy cream and 1 packet of Nectresse (sugar substitute).
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love all these suggestions! I usually have coffee and a banana but that's not the most filling so I'm excited to try some of these suggestions! :drinker:
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person. I mostly eat breakfast because I know I'll be starving in two hours; I'm not usually hungry when I wake up. Therefore, I eat a relatively light breakfast. My breakfast is usually a 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt, a serving of fruit on top of the yogurt (lately, blueberries. I'm trying to learn to like them.), and two slice of whole-grain toast with cinnamon. I've found that the whole grains really help me stay full. I was eating the yogurt and fruit with a white-flour English muffin, but I was getting hungry way before lunch. If I have enough time and I'm really hungry when I wake up, I'll make oatmeal.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Typically I have one or eggs with an Ezekiel muffin half.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    I have three standard breakfast that I like, depending on how much time I have in the morning.
    1. 4 white omelet with veggies and 2 oz of cheddar cheese 2%
    2. protein shake
    3. Apple cheddar melt (whole-wheat English muffin, toasted, 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter, 4 thin apple slices, 1 slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese)

On Sundays if I feel like it will make : oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes, freeze them.... Easy for when you're running late.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I discovered my new favorite breakfast this morning. Thomas multi grain English muffin toasted with reduced fat crunchy peanut butter, topped with sliced bananas and drizzled with honey. Yum!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Some days I have some form of oatmeal. Some days I make banana pancakes. Some days I have a Jimmy Dean Delights sandwich. Yesterday....I had a pear avocado vanilla whey protein and coconut oil smoothie....which was DELICIOUS!!!!!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen unsweetened berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries) and switch it up in my oatmeal, which I either cook with coconut milk, almond milk, or water with coconut butter. It depends on how much exercise I plan on doing later, and when. I recently started including healthy fats in my breakfast because it takes longer for your body to break down and digest, so I stay satiated longer. I also add in a protein like a 3 egg white omelet with 1 oz parmesan and 1/4 c spinach. Or, I eat plain Greek yogurt (I love Chobani) with frozen berries and chopped up almonds. I also try to eat 5 times a day (breakfast, am snack, lunch, pm snack, dinner) to keep my metabolism going. So far it's worked for me- I've been losing an average 1.5 lbs per week.