What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    During the week I make a Shakeology shake with 8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk and 4 oz filtered water. Sometimes I mix in PB2 or blend it with some fruit. If I don't put fruit in it I'll have an apple or banana with it. Weekends I usually have some eggs with maybe a GF muffin or GF bread with ghee.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Two hardboiled eggs. Sometimes cold meat as well like chipolata sausage. Or spinach reduced and scrambled egg. At the weekend I sometimes have a full fry up with lots of mushrooms and tomatoes in butter and lots of coffee. Yum!
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I change it up every morning and try to keep it under 300 calories. Here's my favorites:

1 cup banana nut Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk
    1 light yogurt with 1/4 cup granola and berries
    Orowheat high fiber English muffin with one egg, a slice of lean ham, and a slice of low fat cheese
    Snoothie- one frozen banana, 2 Tbs PB2, 1 small vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk
    3/4 cup Egg Beaters scambled with onion, peppers, mushroom, and spinach
    Whole Wheat Bagel with hummus
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Eggs (omelet w cheese, peppers, onion, tomato) or Greek Yogurt are my go to bfast meals
  • fit_ania
    fit_ania Posts: 26
    Options
    Egg whites - scrambled and a wholemeal bagel
    or egg whites plus 2-3 eggs and no bagels lol
    day in day out
    love it
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't. I know most people say it's important to eat breakfast but I just don't. I never was a breakfast person. I am not hungry. I haev a coffee (black) and some water and I'm good until I have a yogurt or so mid-day. It took me a while to realize that it's just not my thing --- I used to force myself to eat something and it just made me feel gross. So I don't.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    we love our brekkie! Lately I've been on a tortilla espanola/ fritatta kick (egg whites with sweet potatoes and some left over veggies from the night before) quick creamy polenta with a poached egg is also super yummy - sometimes just toast with cheese or avocado - or cereal with loads of fresh berries n half a banana - nom nom nom.... Now I'm hungry for something - better wake up the barrista so we can start the day with our lattes...
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    There is no need to eat it if you don't fancy having it. I've stopped now since I learned it doesn't boost your metabolism to eat it and so I go from dinner last night to lunchtime today. It's called intermittant fasting.

Yup same here

I am not a breakfast person and I will do evening meal to lunch the next day but I will likely have 2 cups of tea with skim milk and one sugar. I wouldn't count this as fasting as I have some calories (albeit only 40) but am wondering if maybe I am wrong and it would still count? Thanks
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Dieting for almost 20 weeks now I cant wait to eat breakfast and it is always my biggest meal of the day usually around 700-900 calories. At the same time it is almost always the same. Cup and a half of egg whites. 1 or 2 whole eggs. And a large dose of carb source. Since carbs are easily used to replenish glycogen in the morning after a fast of sleep. Usually cereal and skim milk or oats and water. Currently LOVING a combo of 81 grams of wheaties and 30g of Fiber One cereal. Usually my bfasts end up being around 100 carbs and 60-70 protein and under 10grams of fat. I also mix in 4 oz of turkey breast with the eggs and throw some baby spinich in the mix and pan cook it all!! MMMM CANT WAIT FOR BREAKFAST NOW!

I want you to make me breakfast. Mmm.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I struggle in the area of breakfast. I can easily skip it without noticing, but if I do eat it I gravitate towards fatty, high carb, or sugary foods. I have been eating oatmeal for the past few days, but its going to get boring and then I will end up making some bad choices. I need to find a go-to breakfast that is going to keep me full, without filling me full of sugar and such, and that it...interesting and appealing :) Please help me out.

As said I don't normally do breakfast but if I have been hungry I would always go to fatty/sugar foods, croissant being one of my faves, this morning I went to the gym early and found by 9am I was starving, instead of buying rubbish I picked up a pack of sliced turkey breast (looking for easy protein) and just ate 4 slices, it was actually really nice and filled me up for ages and for 88 cals that not bad. That's my random breakfast from today anyway :happy:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a breakfast person at all until I started medication for a hypoactive thyroid. Not eating it didn't hurt me one bit, and left me calories for when I really wanted them later in the day.

Now I wake up and am starving, so I eat a mini whole wheat bagel with peanut butter as actual breakfast to hold me for a bit. A couple hours later I have a banana, and after that I have some veggies and dip. I'm a snacker. I'd like a little more protein in my breakfast, actually.
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled or baked as a "muffing" with diced mixed sweet peppers and homemade sausage (ground pork + seasonings) with 1/2 baked sweet potato. Protein, fat & carb.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    More often than not it's a cup of Kashi go lean, 6oz of skim milk and some fruit

Then most often I'd say steel cut oats cooked in the crockpot with some dried fruit thrown in at start time

Then some kind of eggs, toast, and a meat, maybe even Chorizo hash

Then maybe pancakes/waffles/french toast
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a Clif Bar. About 240 calories, tastes good, and holds me until lunch most days.
  • tonyoconnor129
    tonyoconnor129 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 banana, 1 cup of almodn milk, unsweetened, split between my coffee and oatmeal.

pretty much everyday but saturday and sunday. those two days will see a bagel and scrambled eggs.

Then I have a lighter lunch.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats:

1/3-1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
    1/3-1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1/3-1/2 cup of milk
    1/2-1 tbsp of chia seeds
    1tsp of cinnamon
    1/2 a banana

I usually top it with peanut butter in the morning.

http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I make a fruit smoothie with unsweetened mixed fruit, yogurt, Healthy Balance juice and a banana. I also eat two hard boiled eggs. Keeps me full right up until lunch.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    ice cream for breakfast everyday. helps me start off the day in a good mood.
  • puddingdoe
    puddingdoe Posts: 4
    Options
    now that sounds very nice,
    will try it
    Dee