How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No idea. I didn't even hit 5k on the day I got up at 3am and was up beyond midnight, and that was including breakfast, chicken burger for lunch, dinner, a pack of flapjacks, and the next day I had my leftover calories to eat and that included my brunch of 20 McNuggets, a Big Mac, mozzarella sticks, and 3 dips.

Looking at my diary for last Wednesday/Thursday, it would involve chocolate, fast food, and ice cream (for me, anyway).

Is it remotely possible to eat healthful and consume 3-5k in a day...My gosh, to think of all of this FOWL stuff going into My Body after all of the hard work to get it out is like Blasphemy. So, I guess everyone's goal is NOT to be/eat Healthy. WOW

It is possible to eat healthy and eat a lot. I ate almost 2900 the other day, all healthy. Massive amounts of fruits and veggies, lean meats, very few processed foods/treats (a few cookies). No pizza, no pasta, no ice cream. In fact, because of my food allergies, no dairy or gluten or yeast. Large quantities of calories (which is not uncommon for weight lifters) does not mean you have to resort to junk food. :flowerforyou:
  • crystyturbo
    Options
    OMG!!!!! i did something like that on friday! but i felt horrible guilty and ashamed! i hate binging
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! i did something like that on friday! but i felt horrible guilty and ashamed! i hate binging

That's what I think of when I see a specifically set out insanely high number lol
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Now I remember why I am trying to stay out of the forums... not for the original poster, but for the snarky replies.

I can admit - a 5K day used to be my norm. I'm not proud of that, but - it's what once was. One or two meals out and you could easily hit that mark.

Anyway, a point made by some of the folks that responded that I can agree with - ask yourself WHY. If you want to enjoy a "cheat" meal, pick what you really want and eat it. Case closed.

It bears repeating, I'm NOT advocating this... but the 'shock' and 'dismay' is kind of funny. 1/3 of the US is obese - we didn't get that way eating 1200 calories a day. For example:

Chili’s Big Mouth Bites with French fries (four mini bacon cheeseburgers with fried onion strings): 2,350 calories, 38 grams saturated fat, 3,940 milligrams sodium.

Uno Chicago Grill’s Mega-Sized Deep Dish Sundae: 2,800 calories, 72 grams saturated fat.

The Cheesecake Factory's Bistro Shrimp Pasta: 3,120 calories.

Chili's Full Rack of Baby Back Ribs with Shiner Bock BBQ Sauce with fries and cinnamon apples: 2,330 calories.

Maggiano's Little Italy's Veal Porterhouse (18. oz.) with crispy red potatoes: 2,710 calories. "

-Smoothie King's Peanut Power Plus Grape Smoothie (40-oz. size): 1,460 calories.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    It would look a little something like this...

Diary.png
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    No idea. I didn't even hit 5k on the day I got up at 3am and was up beyond midnight, and that was including breakfast, chicken burger for lunch, dinner, a pack of flapjacks, and the next day I had my leftover calories to eat and that included my brunch of 20 McNuggets, a Big Mac, mozzarella sticks, and 3 dips.

Looking at my diary for last Wednesday/Thursday, it would involve chocolate, fast food, and ice cream (for me, anyway).

Is it remotely possible to eat healthful and consume 3-5k in a day...My gosh, to think of all of this FOWL stuff going into My Body after all of the hard work to get it out is like Blasphemy. So, I guess everyone's goal is NOT to be/eat Healthy. WOW

It is possible to eat healthy and eat a lot. I ate almost 2900 the other day, all healthy. Massive amounts of fruits and veggies, lean meats, very few processed foods/treats (a few cookies). No pizza, no pasta, no ice cream. In fact, because of my food allergies, no dairy or gluten or yeast. Large quantities of calories (which is not uncommon for weight lifters) does not mean you have to resort to junk food. :flowerforyou:

Your example(s) STILL did not answer the question. :flowerforyou:
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Or hit the gym an extra 3 hours per day all week.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Im sure op is asking how to prepare for a 5000 calorie day, not what to eat.......I'd say...only eat like 500 calories for a few days in a row to make up for the difference.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    RIP to your toilet
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    erm...i wouldn't :frown:
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Disgusting. I'm not actually sure how you could consume that (or why you'd want to), unless you ate an entire heap of double deep fried fast food or something. Your poor insides...
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Oh! FOWL stuff you say!

Make sure you include fried chicken. Mmm...chicken....nomnomnom.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Down a bottle of olive oil.

glug glug glug
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Man, there is some serious self-righteousness coming out here. How do you know that the OP isn't having a "feast" or "refeed" day or, hopefully not, an operation and needs a day of high calories in preparation? Or an event? Getyaself off the soap box.

How would I do it? I'd still try and eat two meals healthy - loads of protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats. Oils, fish, avocado....cheese! Bump up with nuts or seeds. Have a treat, hell, do what you want :)

It's surprisingly easy to get up to 5000 calories even with decent food - you'd probably have to eat more of it in terms of portion size, but it would be, in my eyes, more healthy physically and emotionally to eat well but high calories than blow out at TGI or something.
  • rcadams97
    rcadams97 Posts: 106
    Options
    I wish I could really do this.

Pizza, pecan pie, BBQ ribs, brisket and all the Faygo red pop I can drink.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    1113_tc.gif

And just to emphasize...

1183.gif

If only I could... lol Well, I would personally try to get some healthy food in there... like a taco salad at a Mexican restaurant can easily be 1000 calories, but it has at least some veggies and proteins. Also, I would just eat peanut butter out of the jar if I had those calories to waste (and it's healthy fat). Applebee's is full of calories (the Spinach dip appetizer is 1200 calories by itself). Lastly, I would chow down on some fudge. There's absolutely no nutritional value to that, but fudge is SOOOO full of simple sugars.

And to the poster who acted like there was no way to reach 5000 calories; it's not hard to eat 5000 calories when you make poor food choices, eat out all the time, eat your feelings, and practice. I could have seriously been a competitive eater at one time. I used to go to Cici's and finish 2-3 pizzas on the buffet (plus pasta and dessert, of course!). I had so much emptiness that I never felt full. I still have that physical feeling, but I'm dealing with the emotions around it.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It's quite a goal. I think the only way you could do that would to be to eat ALL of the things....!

I'm not sure how you'd do it "healthy" style.....well, loads of avacados and peanut butter? Avacado and peanut butter sammiches... :huh:

Good luck for your refeed :)
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Options
    It really isn't too hard to eat 5000 calories...especially when you include alcohol.
  • nerdy2013
    nerdy2013 Posts: 8
    Options
    Why? just why?
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you seem to binge on cereal a lot as it is, I feel you wouldn't need help getting to a 5K day. So if the point of this tread was to find out what others would choose to do on a huge binge day, this is what I'd do if I was inclined, though as I'm trying to lose weight I would actually want to do it.

Eggs Benedict for breakfast
    Muffaletta for lunch
    10 course degustation with matched wines for dinner