How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I doubt I could reach 5000 in one day without feeling very sick, but if I were to try, I would start with lunch at my favorite Indian restaurant's buffet and wouldn't skimp on the dishes with paneer in them. I'd probably have a bigger pile of rice and a bigger bowl of rice pudding at the end. That might get me up to 2000.

For dinner, I would go to the Alamo Drafthouse to watch a movie and have one of their gluten-free pizzas and a milkshake, for about 1500.

If I backtrack and add homemade breakfast tacos with guacamole, I guess that would give me another 600 calories.

So 4100 for a day is probably all I could manage, and I think I would feel pretty sick by the end of it.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    I need ideas because I plan to have one soon.

You beauty. Thats amazing.
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    After eating in a healthy way for two years,I don't think I would enjoy eating so much in a day.Maybe enjoying some of your favorites periodically would satisfy your cravings so you can avoid this type of day. Eat wisely and good luck.
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

cool story jeff.

2 cups of B&J Half baked = 1,080 cal
    Large Dominos pepperoni pizza = 1, 680 cal
    Dominos cinna stix = 870 cal
    1 serving buffalo wings = 1200 cal
    Large coke = 310 cal
    > but then again, we should probably get a diet coke instead, nomsayin??

total = more than 5k.

your argument is invalid.

Can you eat that in one day? I'm impressed!!! (or maybe disgusted, I'm not sure.)

Why are either of you on a weight loss/fitness website. They have them for ppl who wish to gain weight.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I'm really glad I'm not friends with the folks saying 'omg I could NEVER eat that much'...they'd be a total buzz kill at the bar. Between apps and drinks I can put away 5k during happy hour.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    look up Man vs. Food on travel channel and see if there are any good eating challenege places nearby. done
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    EAT ALL THE THINGS. Seriously:
    1. Enter Chinese Buffet
    2. Start at one end...
    3...Finish at the other.
  • Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

You people? :huh:

I know right? SMH. Yep, I'll take it. I'm f'd up alright.
  • That's not a cheat day. That's an eating disorder.

:heart:

Wow, just no! It very well COULD be but just because someone eats 5000 calories doesn't mean they have an eating disorder--period. You have no idea her activity level or calorie needs. You have no idea how frequently she does this. You have no idea how she FEELS about doing it (a huge part of eating disorders are mental and without this element--guilt, uncontrollable eating--then I'd say it's not a hinge.

Then why not wait until she comes back an actually answers one of the 20 people who have asked her why 5k. Having 10,000 posts doesn't automatically make you correct.

Considering I didn't make any sweeping assertions or refutable claims I would say that I am right. You're free to disagree.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Can you eat that in one day? I'm impressed!!! (or maybe disgusted, I'm not sure.)

Why are either of you on a weight loss/fitness website. They have them for ppl who wish to gain weight.

Not everybody eats like you do.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

You people? :huh:

I know right? SMH. Yep, I'll take it. I'm f'd up alright.

I like my f'd up friends who're f'd up with me.

And my f'd up friends eat more than the non f'd up people on MFP and still have amazing healthy bodies!

So really... who's the really f'd up on in this scenario?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    This thread. 5k wouldn't even take 15 min if you pushed yourself a little

Lollercoaster.gif
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I'd start with 2 bottles of wine - that's about 1200 calories. Then I'd handfuls of True North almond, cashew, pecan clusters, because they are very high calorie but oh so deliciously addictive.

Then I'd have a full rack of baby back ribs slow roasted on the grill and slathered with bbq sauce. A couple ears of roasted corn slathered with butter. A generous helping of pasta salad. Then a piece of apple pie a la mode.

Then I'd probably throw up and have to start over.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    I wouldn't

^^This
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111

and how do you know how or what I eat? If the person in the photo presenting the ques was a 300 lb man or even a body builder physique woman I would not question the desire to reach 5K. She looks petite to me.

I'm agreeing with whoever said eating disorder.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    I would need a big workout in order to eat that much in a day. I can get up to about 3000, but then I start to feel sick. Why would I do that to myself on purpose? Seems stupid.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    any reason for 5000 specifically?

target macros?

keto refeed?

For my refeeds, (after a low carb phase), I'll aim for 1g/lb of BW protein, 50-100g fat maximum and the rest carbs. The amount of carbs depends on what I've had previously.

I'm with this guy. Based on what I've read (see Lyle McDonald et al), you're going to get maximum metabolic impact (resetting hormones, etc.) from minimizing fats on your refeed day. This makes it significantly less fun, but I think I would probably do something like this:

Breakfast:
    Pancakes, no butter, lots of syrup
    Bagel with fat free cream cheese (probably some sugary version)

Lunch
    Pasta with marinara sauce & low-fat beef

Dinner
    low-fat stir fry with lots of rice,

Snacks
    BEER
    Raisins
    Banana
    Apple

Dessert:
    Angel food cake w/ sugared strawberries
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

and how do you know how or what I eat? If the person in the photo presenting the ques was a 300 lb man or even a body builder physique woman I would not question the desire to reach 5K. She looks petite to me.

I'm agreeing with whoever said eating disorder.

Activity level....
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Now I remember why I am trying to stay out of the forums... not for the original poster, but for the snarky replies.

I can admit - a 5K day used to be my norm. I'm not proud of that, but - it's what once was. One or two meals out and you could easily hit that mark.

Anyway, a point made by some of the folks that responded that I can agree with - ask yourself WHY. If you want to enjoy a "cheat" meal, pick what you really want and eat it. Case closed.

It bears repeating, I'm NOT advocating this... but the 'shock' and 'dismay' is kind of funny. 1/3 of the US is obese - we didn't get that way eating 1200 calories a day. For example:

Chili’s Big Mouth Bites with French fries (four mini bacon cheeseburgers with fried onion strings): 2,350 calories, 38 grams saturated fat, 3,940 milligrams sodium.

Uno Chicago Grill’s Mega-Sized Deep Dish Sundae: 2,800 calories, 72 grams saturated fat.

The Cheesecake Factory's Bistro Shrimp Pasta: 3,120 calories.

Chili's Full Rack of Baby Back Ribs with Shiner Bock BBQ Sauce with fries and cinnamon apples: 2,330 calories.

Maggiano's Little Italy's Veal Porterhouse (18. oz.) with crispy red potatoes: 2,710 calories. "

-Smoothie King's Peanut Power Plus Grape Smoothie (40-oz. size): 1,460 calories.

I agree! I am willing to bet the shocked people have eaten close to 5000 calories a day at least once at some time in their lives. Look at those single meal calorie counts^. A single visit to Cheesecake Factory will get you there; just add drinks and dessert.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Pancakes with real maple syrup (because the fake **** sucks)
    Cinnabon cinnamon rolls
    Ice cream (lots of it)
    Wings and pizza.