Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

DollyMiel
DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
I want to see successes from people who don't have clean diets!

For reasons I'm not willing to get into, clean eating is not an option for me right now, and I really need the motivation. I know you guys are out there so if you can show me pics and give me tips on how to make it work, I'd be really grateful. I feel like a minority on MFP who doesn't eat clean and I could use the support!

(Just for background, I did lose 20+ pounds last year without a clean diet but I reset my ticker this year after falling off the wagon into the Land of Self-Induced Plateau. Back on it though!)

p.s. no preaching, please. If I could eat a cleaner diet, I would! I've read it all already. c:

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    I'm not a clean eater, and I've had little trouble losing weight (other than my plateau, which I think was caused by me not adjusting my calories correctly)

And I know I have plenty of dirty people on my friends list, so cough up your freaking success stories, you beautiful people!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    bumping
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    bump
    I'll tell you if I have any success over the summer =P
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    This 'dirty birdy' is checking in! Although I keep 'to-go' food down to 1-2 days/week, I still eat the Pop-Tarts, chips, honeybuns, and ice cream on a regular basis! Gotta watch it though... sweet/salty carbs are my trigger foods! I try to be very close to full before eating them because they magically make room in my tummy for more crap!
    Regardless, I steadily lost about 1#/week for the first 10-11 months of my journey and the first 5-6 months were without any logging and before I even knew about MFP!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Oooo I cannot wait to see the responses. I would love the same information as well. It is incredibly difficult for me to eat clean. The times that I have lost weight and kept it off for a long time was all portion control and nixing the sweets. I wouldn't buy any junk food and if i baked, i took it to work and didn't touch it. I know I don't have any self control. Also, keeping up a great workout regime.

I am dirty eating right now and working on the weight loss. I am having some success but really needing to get into a routine.

Hope all works out for you!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Present. lunch is a frozen dinner, too much coffee, lots of pizza and ice cream.

But i am getting better. Waaay better than I was!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    In...

...to read all of the "dirty eating" success stories of the mostly young people.

:flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    This topic I relevant to my interests. I'm not interested in overly clean eating (my sweet tooth cannot be denied, or else heads are ripped off and butts are chewed out) but that's really all I see advocated around here.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    I strive for 30p/30f/40c, but have been around 18-20p/30-35f/40-45c. I try to eat healthfully, but cooking for one is hard and I work a lot, so time is often a factor for me. By the time I get a chance to eat, I'm starving and can't take it anymore lol I live in a Mexican neighborhood so I can easily pick up homemade chicken tinga, fresh salsa and beans for less than $10 and call it a day. I've gone from 164.5-157.5 lbs since February. I strength train as well and have gained 4 lbs muscle since I last checked. Portion control versus completely cutting out bad stuff 100%. It's more practical and realistic, in my opinion, because it's a lifestyle change and not a diet. Learning portion control is key! I measured everything in the beginning, but now I can make educated guesses and am still losing. This method might not work as well for everyone of course, but it's working for me. It's less work and less obsessive than counting every m&m, cracker, etc. Not hating on anyone who does that, I did also in the beginning, but have learned what portions look like, so I can spend more time on other things, like driving to the gym or Zumba!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    I don't eat clean and am currently down nearly 30 pounds. Don't have a new progress pic yet but here's one from a few pounds ago

406112072.jpg
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    12045982_9701.jpg

I eat healthy, but not "clean."
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    This topic I relevant to my interests. I'm not interested in overly clean eating (my sweet tooth cannot be denied, or else heads are ripped off and butts are chewed out) but that's really all I see advocated around here.

IIFYM is actually a HUGE part of this site's membership.

(If It Fits Your Macros) For me, that means I eat 45% protein, 30& carbs, and 25% fats, and I try to keep them from more healthy sources, but if I end up hitting my protein and fat and have room for a shot of vodka, guess what? A shot of vodka it is.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I eat food. It's clean because I wash things. And it's a mixture of processed sugar waffle to tomatoes grown 600 meters from here. So I'm both "dirty" and "clean".

And I'm pretty damn triumphant.

We are legion.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1
    I love you.

I follow IIFYM as well.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Food...I eat it. I dont judge it. :glasses: :happy:
  • broncosbabe
    broncosbabe Posts: 50 Member
    I'm with you there! I lost 15kg (33lb) a few years ago while still eating dirty but within my calorie limits. I enjoy food, so for the most part I enjoy it in moderation. I don't believe in cutthing things completely out of your diet because then you start to crave it. I've seen a lot of people eating clean all the time and when they do have a little bit of dirty food, they binge. I'm glad I don't do that :)

I love that I lost weight and am fit and healthy now and although I have room for improvement (hence my new goals), I don't believe denying myself of these little treats is worth getting there faster, if that makes any sense.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    I definitely eat dirty! Deep fried fish tacos like 3x a week. Lots of bean and cheese burritos, and breakfast burritos. Pizza and Burger at least once a week. You definitely CAN still lose weight while eating like a stoner . . . :smokin:
  • beanymac22
    beanymac22 Posts: 47
    bump
  • sallievp
    sallievp Posts: 33 Member
    I'm a dirty eater too!

Have lost 31 pounds...going from 161 to 130 and my secret weapon is Dominos pizza every day for lunch!

I LOVE fast food and still have lots of ''naughty'' food just in MUCH smaller quantities . Now I have a small personal 4 slice pizza (around 604 cals) and savour every mouthful whereas before I would eat a 12 slices plus garlic bread and wings all to myself!!

However, I do eat a light breakfast of fruit and usually veg or lentils and rice for dinner

Works for me...I am officially the lightest weight I have ever been in my adult life!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!