Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My ticker is not updated, but I have lost 70 lbs total since July 2012 by just being more conscious of what I eat relative to what I burn. I set a goal of calorie intake, and set a goal of calorie burn. If I really want to have a piece of cake, I eat it, make sure it fits into what my goals are for the day and move on to tomorrow. I don't deny myself anything, because I knew that would be one way for me to fail. I don't eat clean by any means, I eat lots of red meat because we home raise it and it's what we got in the freezer. I still eat processed mac and cheese, but I might only have about 1/4 cup of it. Pizza is still a main staple in my diet as well, I honestly wouldn't want to try to not have pizza in my life. I like others have said try to limit my intake of the junk because it doesn't fill me up, doesn't really make me feel good, and I'm trying to have a nice healthy long living body for my family.

I'm definitely not where I need to be body shape wise, but I had a lot to lose. I feel like I am going to get there someday, with lots of work and dedication and the calorie deficit I need to get there. Kudos to those of who of eat "clean". It take a lot of dedication and thought to go that route. And to some that may just be their bag, it's just not for me.

So in a nutshell, yup you can lose lots of weight not eating clean, I'm proof. From a tight 20 to a loose 12 right now, feeling and looking pretty good, if I say so myself.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I am the king of trash, but I'm still getting it done.

Not to start a flame war, but the basics of everything is still calories in and out. If that is the basis for the plan, then you can be successful in using portion control to accomplish your goals. They may not come as fast or lead you to end results that are quite as good as you'd like, but somebody doing the basics of portion control to a calorie limit and regular exercise WILL gradually move toward what they want to be. They will not get there as quickly as one who is eating better foods and exercising with purpose...but there is a brand of success available, and unless you're looking to become a body builder, it's plenty enough to accomplish your goals.

After four years of putting on muscle I know what my demons are. I still under eat for my purposes; high enough protein intake is always hard and I eat too much junk food. That said, I've been wildly successful over that time because I've stuck to the things I can pull off.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1

I don't have pics, but this is also pretty much what my progress looks like- heavy lifting and occasional cardio, I've lost 32lbs total, I put a few back on with lifting.
    I still drink on the weekends (sometimes through the week), I drink diet coke like a fish (trying to kick this habit), I use spray butter on veggies sometimes, I don't do organic or grass-fed anything, I eat "diet foods" like the Fiber One 90 calorie brownies (because they're damn good!), I use low-fat or fat free cheeses, and once in awhile I'll have some french fries on a salad if I'm eating out. I'm on 1900 cals/day on rest days, and around 2000 on workouts days, with 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats.

I do eat a lot of vegetables, fruit, and lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish) but I'm not a crazy "clean eater" by any means.

Edit: And I ain't scured of gluten- totally sick of that freakin trend. The entire world is NOT hypo-glycemic all of a sudden.
  • Hellaine
    Hellaine Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 pounds total, and I def. do not eat clean anymore. I tried to for awhile but it juts never caught on for me I guess. I drink liquor about four times a week and generally eat whatever I want to, just in moderation... USUALLY. I sort of end up having one day where I go nuts on chicken wings or shots--I don't plan it, it just happens, haha, then I spend the next two days working out or eating a little to make up for it. Oops! I have a category for liquor :(

I'm just more about portion control I guess. I eat my fruit and veggies when I'm in the mood, or bar food and microwave meals if I'm not. I have no health issues right now, I'm in decent shape. I don't know, I don't have any want to change it all up right now.

Always like to have other like minded friends here, add me!
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Food...I eat it. I dont judge it. :glasses: :happy:

This is the best thing ever written *Slow Clap*
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do not eat clean. IIFYM, or even if it doesn't, haha.

5SQciQc.png?1
    QrfsaDP.jpg?1

Dayum! I need to take some tips from you. Amazing job on the body transformation after having 3 kids!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I would fall into the not squeaky clean and not filthy dirty category. I don't have pics but I've lost 18.5lbs so far.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am a 27 (almost 28) year old mother of two and a proud "dirty eater" for sure! I still eat fruits and veggies, but it is definitely mixed in with pop tarts, big macs, french fries, etc. I just make sure it fits my calories for the day and I'm good to go. I am always, and I mean always, over on my carbs and sugar, but I'm still losing. I'm down 27 lbs. in about 12 weeks. I love food too much to restrict anything. Dairy is currently out of my diet, but not by choice. As soon as I am able to start reintroducing dairy, you can bet your @ss I'm having a freaking block of cheese!!!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the time to eat 'clean'. I LOVE to cook and spend time in my kitchen. But, I'm a household of one with a 50-hour work week and a 10-hour a week gym schedule. AND I like my sleep. So I eat what I can to hit my macros. My focus is making sure I hit my protein numbers (which I just revamped last week, and I had no idea how hard it would be) and my calories. Whatever I need to do to get there, and whatever I want within reason. :) I'm not losing much these days, but I DEFINITELY see a huge change in physique with the additional workouts and much heavier weights.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Proud "dirty" eater here! I've eaten pasta, pizza, ice cream almost every night, cookies, donuts, burgers, and fast food on occasion. I love food too much to give up ANY of it! 34 pounds down since July 2012...

2qn2rf5.jpg

nbb4hc.jpg
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think you are setting yourself up for failure if you don't eat what you want every now and then. It's science really. Limit your calories you take in and exercise to burn some of them. Calories are calories. If you eat a honey bun, you just don't get to as big of a quantity of food as a person eating a garden salad with lite dressing(or none).I like eating salads and veggies,but I like eating my cake too! It feels so good to say that without being judged!:happy:
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    Me! I try and eat well (lean meat and fruit every day) but also have things like ice cream bagels, cakes and cookies daily!
  • sjum
    sjum Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!! I am a yo-yo with the clean/dirty eating. Makes it interesting. My heart is always on the dirty side.. Age is not my friend however!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    bump for me :-)
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I do not eat clean, and I still have a fast food addiction, although it is better than it was. I have lost 55 pounds, and I am still losing slowly. And I am 48 years old, and female. I average 1900 calories a day.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I don't eat clean. Here are my results:

aa0de735-a6c4-4266-86b6-c9fa74a1091c_zps546fde6b.jpg

25-18monthcomparisonside.jpg
  • lirpamc
    lirpamc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me losing weight is a priority since I have so much to lose. I like to think I eat "semi-dirty" as well. Make healthier choices while also enjoying the food I love in smaller portions and getting more exercise in. Maybe when I hit my weight loss goal, I'll set new goals that involve eating more clean...we'll see when we get there!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    NOT QUITE THERE YET BUT ITS A LOSS ANYWAY UNCLEAN EATING

beforeduringwrit_zpsb463864b.jpg

before_zps6ee4899a.jpg

during_zps55c7dd45.jpg

Ummmm pretty sure I'd love to look like your before pic. You look gooooood girl :)
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I eat...food! :smile: Just less of it! I only thing I have completely cut is soda because it is a lot of calories and I'd rather eat my calories instead of drinking them (I drink one cup of milk daily and lots of water). I try to throw in some veggies and some better stuff every day but basically if it fits in my calories I eat it. I started this journey Jan. 20, 2013 and I've lost 31 lbs :happy: I do exercise every day, I think that is important! I feel so much better and stronger! You can do this! :flowerforyou: Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!