Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• ScottysSpeedShop
    ScottysSpeedShop Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am eating dirty on purpose. I am running an experiment on myself. I need to know for sure if it is possible to eat dirty and be fit. I have declared war on this ridiculous epidemic we are facing of people dropping dead from a sedentary lifestyle. I need to show people what can be achieved with minimal effort on both sides of the coin of diet and exercise. I started off with 28% body fat and in 2 months time have reduced it to 23% bf. without skipping one "pizza Friday" or rearranging my schedule to make it to the gym. My goal is to make it to 15% bf. and pass a physical.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1

Dayumnnnn!!!! I want this! :love: You look killer!

And by "this" I mean your physique! lol! :wink:
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bumping this!! I miss fried chicken!
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I still eat pizza, candy, cookies, etc. I just don't eat them all the time. I still have at least a glass or two of wine or a 3 oz. vodka diet tonic every night and I have lost 23 pounds without exercising myself to death. I am 41. Could I have lost it faster if I ate cleaner and worked out more. Well of course...but I am in for a lifestyle reboot, not a lifestyle with no good food...especially since I am a foodie! I just try my best to stay in my calorie goal. I have gone from a size 14 to a size 10.
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    Bump-

I have found that I need a few potato chips and m & m's to make it through the week. I do try to eat healthy though - but add in a few treats to keep me satisfied.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    p.s.

di giorno flat bread tuscan chicken pizza... the big huge one... 1/2 the entire pizza is only 435 calories, add some fresh sliced tomatoe and jalepeno, pop in the oven... its a dirty girls dream for dinner!!! yum!!!

original1.gif

I want that dirty pizza in my mouth.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread, I love all you dirty boys 'n girls!!!

I kinda feel like many times the members from the "Clean Eating" Camp are sorta like the charismatic, evangelical zealots... not a lot of tolerance for people that don't think exactly the same. And they are usually really LOUD with their opinions. . . I think they believe the louder they scream, the less people actually LOOK at the details.

But anyway, thanks for the thread and the reminder success comes in many formats.
    I feel that way too! Haha! It's very frustrating. I really think they should just focus on themselves and not worry so much about what others are eating or doing, but some people just can't help themselves. Gotta be loud and self-righteous. :\

Your ticker is extremely encouraging, I have to say! :D

BIG NOTE: (This is OP, btw.)
    I have absolutely nothing against clean eating. I think it's a great ideal to strive for but still a good thing to have fun eating rather than making it a struggle or an enemy. This thread is not meant to attack clean eaters but simply to showcase the other side and that it is possible to lose weight on a "non-clean" diet. That's all. • w •

Thanks for the continued contributions, I'm really enjoying it! Have a great day (and maybe some pizza)! :heart:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Eh, I lost 100 lbs without giving up a number of "dirty" foods, including cookies, french fries, pizza, and ice cream.

These days, I am mostly grain-free because I feel better without a ton of processed carbs, but I am by no means an evangelist about it. And I'll be damned if I'm going to go to a pizzeria and eat a salad. Strict rules suck all of the fun out of life.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly healthy, but am definately not a "clean" eater. I enjoy chocolate, ice cream, diet soda, and many other not so healthy foods regularly. I just eat them in smaller portions and they are a smaller part of my food for the day.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    IN LOVE !!! :love: :heart: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Eh, I lost 100 lbs without giving up a number of "dirty" foods, including cookies, french fries, pizza, and ice cream.

These days, I am mostly grain-free because I feel better without a ton of processed carbs, but I am by no means an evangelist about it. And I'll be damned if I'm going to go to a pizzeria and eat a salad. Strict rules suck all of the fun out of life.

Yea...I have her on my friends list :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Not that you need to hear it from me. Look at my diary...full of dirt! For me it is all about portion control and keeping track of every bit that goes into my mouth. Pizza, tacos, ice cream, candy, cake, etc., etc. - all the time. And forget about coffee and diet soda...tons!
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I gave up regular Dr. Pepper...that was about the only thing I really had to work to let go. Now, I do drink diet DP or Dr. Pepper 10. I eat restaurant food, an occasional fast food, and what I make for the entire family at home--no special diet meals for me. I'm not wild about many vegetables--I try to squeeze them into my diary every once in a while. I've never been a "snacker". Cakes and sweets are not an issue. Eating too much of what I liked is where I had my issues. What I have done is change my portion sizes. I sometimes eat about 1/4 of what they serve in a restaurant. I tend to avoid sides, and focus on the main entree. (I may have a few fries every once in a while.) I listen to my body and take my time when I eat. When I start to feel satisfied, I stop. I don't wait until I am full. I've lost 40 lbs since January. AND I friend people who eat similar to me!

Oh! and I log EVERYTHING!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm a "dirty" eater and I've lost about 60lbs. I'd like to lose more, but right now I'm struggling to stay on the wagon and not going over my day.

You don't have to do radical things, just do what you want in smaller portions. :)
  • josiedahling6
    Options
    Not a clean eater. Lost 90 pounds on WW eating what my friends call "chemical bombs" meaning, I basically put Cool Whip Free on EVERYTHING. Ate tons of Hungry Girl recipes for goodies, which are not terrible, but not clean either. Popcicles were my best friends (and WW Giant Fudge bars). I did eat more salads and fruits when i did that but now I'm wicked dirty eater and trying to lose about 30 of the 40 I gained back. As long as my blood work comes out great at the lab, my doctor said he doesn't care what I eat or what I weigh. All my blood works come back healthy, healthy healthy. So what can I say? Quantity matters! The only things I gave up back then and STILL do not eat are greasy fish and chips and all types of pastry, danish, etc. When I eat that stuff, it gives me the sh*ts so I pretty much have to. Other than that, I eat what I want.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I eat far from clean. I allow myself chips and candy when hanging out with friends. At a housewarming party on saturday, I ate pizza, chips, cookies, cookie dough, a muffin, and drank alcohol. And that was after splitting funnel cake at the DC Chili Cook off and chowing down on a corndog. Over the past 2 or 3 years, I lost 10 lbs and reached my goal weight (though put on 3 since last week...but I'm sure it's from the excess sodium and water). The key? Eat healthy 80-90% of the time and enjoy and live a little the other 10%.

Usually, I make half of my lunch and dinner vegetables, I stick to whole grains and don't stray away from them (unless im out with friends on a splurge).

Also, for the record, I DO NOT recommend eating as much junk as I did on Saturday. I felt sick afterward and the thought of a cookie still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    To certain "Clean eaters": Please stop walking around like you're better than everyone else when in reality you don't know how to count your macros.

wow i didnt see anyone saying they are better than everyone else. What works for one person may not work for another. Personally i eat clean because it makes me feel good and i meet all of my daily macros. I think you need a reality check.
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 6 months in, over half way to my goal, and definitely not a clean eater. I do try to make better/healthier choices *more often* than before, but really... I have nothing against my "processed" ketchup, and won't be throwing it out any time soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!