Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    To certain "Clean eaters": Please stop walking around like you're better than everyone else when in reality you don't know how to count your macros.

wow i didnt see anyone saying they are better than everyone else. What works for one person may not work for another. Personally i eat clean because it makes me feel good and i meet all of my daily macros. I think you need a reality check.

yeah, nothing wrong with clean eaters, i just cant do it!!! clean can work, dirty can work... to each their own...
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, in moderation....
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread, I love all you dirty boys 'n girls!!!

I kinda feel like many times the members from the "Clean Eating" Camp are sorta like the charismatic, evangelical zealots... not a lot of tolerance for people that don't think exactly the same. And they are usually really LOUD with their opinions. . . I think they believe the louder they scream, the less people actually LOOK at the details.

But anyway, thanks for the thread and the reminder success comes in many formats.
    I feel that way too! Haha! It's very frustrating. I really think they should just focus on themselves and not worry so much about what others are eating or doing, but some people just can't help themselves. Gotta be loud and self-righteous. :\

Your ticker is extremely encouraging, I have to say! :D

BIG NOTE: (This is OP, btw.)
    I have absolutely nothing against clean eating. I think it's a great ideal to strive for but still a good thing to have fun eating rather than making it a struggle or an enemy. This thread is not meant to attack clean eaters but simply to showcase the other side and that it is possible to lose weight on a "non-clean" diet. That's all. • w •

Thanks for the continued contributions, I'm really enjoying it! Have a great day (and maybe some pizza)! :heart:

Thank you for adding your "big note." I was reading this thread because I did pretty well eating a healthy mix of "clean" and "dirty." But for a few months my weight loss stalled. I recently started eating 90% Paleo (which I am guessing is considered clean), and within a week or two weight started coming off and I feel so much better. Do I think I am better than "dirty" eaters? NO WAY! Am I better me? Yep! Do I think I will go the rest of my life without eating pizza? Nope, just have to fit it into my 10% non-paleo I guess! :)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I like this topic because I'm no 'clean' eater either. My mom was a chef and food is something to be enjoyed and not to be broken down and analyzed to bits! I've lost 31lbs since January and this is through lot of intense workouts and portion control. The first month I tried to eat lean and clean but I just couldn't sustain it. I know that it wasn't a lifestyle I could stick with so I started eating smaller portions of my favorite food. Instead of 4 slices of pizza, I'd have 2...instead of a whole bucket of fried chicken, I'd have 1 maybe 2...I gave myself a year to reach my goal of losing 45lbs and I'm almost there and it's only May. I don't want to deprive myself of amazing food in this world and I'm really glad and proud of myself that I found a way to lose weight and enjoy myself, too!
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I had Skyline Chili for lunch today, doesn't get much dirtier than that!
  • linzbreanne
    linzbreanne Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love this post. I do eat fairly healthy but I love ice cream and bread and cheese. I do tend to gain/lose 5-10 pounds every year but I just don't feel like giving up the food I love! (Also I am wild land firefighter so for half the year my diet is somewhat restricted. By the time fire season ends I'm sick of camp food and mres and easy for huge home cooked meals! Hence the weight gain in the winter :))
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have friends that are skinny but with cholesterol! We are too addicted to junk food and making these companies who sell us this crap, rich! We get sick and they get rich!
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have friends that are skinny but with cholesterol! We are too addicted to junk food and making these companies who sell us this crap, rich! We get sick and they get rich!

Let's not blame the companies for making food, that we choose to buy and then eat, for making people sick. Just like I will never blame the fork for making me fat. We all have choices.
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat dirty! Deep fried fish tacos like 3x a week. Lots of bean and cheese burritos, and breakfast burritos. Pizza and Burger at least once a week. You definitely CAN still lose weight while eating like a stoner . . . :smokin:

^^^CLASSIC^^^ :)
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    I eat dirty but it's about portion control. I'm all about fast food (I grew up on it and I'm addicted). Frozen dinners and fake sugar desserts. I would be miserable though if I didnt get to eat things I enjoyed.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Wow, missed this one. I'm in.

BadPopTart_zps95ad305a.jpg
  • GhostinthePC
    GhostinthePC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do not eat clean. I drink alcohol, eat ice cream and gelato regularly, and even (gasp) fast food sometimes.

Here's how I've changed eating dirty and lifting heavy:

RP55VQa.jpg?1

Wow...great job!
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    This is the best thread EVER :sad: :sad:

There are others like me!!!! :smokin: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    a few months ago there was a massive success story on here of a woman that didn't have a clean diet, she would eat back exercise calories (usually from a burger) and holy crud she looks amazing! wish I could find the story but it was a massive spread :)

Me personally, I still eat takeaway once a week, I don't have an overly clean diet (welcome to look at my diary) and I've lost 20kg in a little under 6 months.

*edit* Just for the lulz

tumblr_mkpk4tRqYx1rjhbn2o1_500.gif
  • Katielynn0913
    Options
    bump to read later! :)
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I want to see successes from people who don't have clean diets!

For reasons I'm not willing to get into, clean eating is not an option for me right now, and I really need the motivation. I know you guys are out there so if you can show me pics and give me tips on how to make it work, I'd be really grateful. I feel like a minority on MFP who doesn't eat clean and I could use the support!

(Just for background, I did lose 20+ pounds last year without a clean diet but I reset my ticker this year after falling off the wagon into the Land of Self-Induced Plateau. Back on it though!)

p.s. no preaching, please. If I could eat a cleaner diet, I would! I've read it all already. c:

Dirty here! I try my best to make "healthy" choices, but mostly I focus on calorie intake. Two things I won't give up...COFFEE and SWEETS! :noway: I've lost a total of 37 lbs (13 since joining MFP). I'm going on vacation in 1 week and I'll drink and eat what I want, just not as much as I used to. :drinker:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the cake.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

They have cholesterol?....I surely hope so. It is necessary.
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I had Skyline Chili for lunch today, doesn't get much dirtier than that!

OMG! One of my favorites (SW Ohio girl here}! I rarely eat it these days, but when I make it at home I add sugar, ground beef/hot sausage, and of course hot sauce! To finish it off, I add habanero cheese! :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!