Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I "try" to hit macros but there's nothing clean about my diary. Not done my ticker any harm :drinker:
  • mikurulove10
    Options
    Hi, a dirty eater here!! I haven't lost much weight as far as I can tell from self-observation, but perhaps I've lost more than I can see. I've not weighed myself in a while. But my shirts are becoming a bit bigger, my pants a bit looser...I'm looking a heck of a lot better in pictures, I can tell you that. You're not alone. u3u Can't help it, dirty foods are pretty good. That, and my cleanest option that I've had in the house for a while is milk. Not my fault; I live with my mom. *sigh*
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Dirty eater here! I actually eat mostly fresh veggies, lean meats, and fruit BUT I also eat ice cream, chips and pizza (with beer). I have lost 130lbs and have been maintaining for two years.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here eating Reece's peanut butter cups as I type this :ohwell:

IMAG2864_zps2dedb7a4.jpg

400638_10200917417358689_1604354668_n_zps932356b8.jpg
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here eating Reece's peanut butter cups as I type this :ohwell:

IMAG2864_zps2dedb7a4.jpg

400638_10200917417358689_1604354668_n_zps932356b8.jpg

Wow, you are so pretty! There is always a place for reese PB cups ;) haha
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    sup
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I eat particularly clean...I'm a fussy eater with an onion leek and chive allergy who doesn't like most fish and hates most vegetables!.

Mostly I eat things like pasta, rice/risotto and bacon, I have a roast dinner every sunday, I make rice laced with raisins and dairylea cream cheese and mushrooms.

The changes I have made are simply to cut out the snacking and the biscuits, and to have a nice big bowl of fruit yoghurt and cereal flakes in the morning which gives me an excellent start to the day and all the sugar in the fruit and the filling raisins and cereal flakes keeps me going without the biscuit tin calling me.

I usually have strawberries, blueberries, low fat organic raspberry yoghurt, raisins, and cereal flakes such as special k (I have a gluten free one called mesa sunrise). It's more calories than my old coco pops (which I still have on a day when I know I will be burning lots of calories) but it means I don't get hungry till lunchtime.

To be honest I don't know how I've managed it but I just seem to be getting on with it and have lost about 6lbs so far in about a month. I am strict with my daily allowance but I still eat the meals I love providing they come under my calorie goal. Ham egg and chips was for dinner last night lol!

Good Luck :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    I think "clean" and "dirty" are unhelpful distinctions.

What is more helpful is too think of food which either

a) makes it harder to stay at a calorie deficit
    b) makes it easier to stay at a calorie deficit

What those foods are is personal to the individual. For some people having cakes or sweets or whatever actually makes it easier to stay in deficit as it alleviates feelings of restriction and prevents over eating, for others it may be completely different and they have to avoid those items completely.
    If it were only like that in the world of fitness. However there are lots of food snobs that criticize the lean who eat "dirty" because they feel they didn't "earn" it doing it the "clean" way. I get it a lot at work (meaning peers will talk behind my back about how I eat even though I'm more fit than some of them).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want and drink a lot of beer. I'm 21 so in theory this should work...but it's not. Over 210 days logged and only about 8 lbs lost.

BUT 8lbs lost is better than 8lbs gained....
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I eat cereal (any kind I want)
    take out
    Spaghetti
    Garlic sticks
    Tacos
    McDonalds rarely but I do eat it
    I order pizza and wings once a week
    cheeseburgers
    french fries
    hot dogs
    chips
    dip
    freezie pops Mmmmmmm
    Ice cream
    granola bars
    Kaluha

I've lost quite a bit of weight.
  • divs2k7
    divs2k7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, I ama new member here and it really sounds encouraging to see so many people losing weight without changing their lifestyle dramatically (or upside down would be more appropriate in my case)! So you people are saying that it helps if you just exercise and be conscious of portion sizes?
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If I can go from this while living in South Louisiana where fried EVERYTHING is required....
    iphonepics070.jpg
    iphonepics078_zpsd527ab23.jpg

To this with eating the foods I love in moderation.....
    iphonepics091.jpg
    65259_537273442972863_1647285072_n.jpg

You best believe I'm gonna stick with my "diet". If I restrict myself I binge big time. Since the end of 2010 to now I have lost 52lb. :) and kept it off.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've eaten biscuits and chocolate pretty much everyday between these photos ...

2d9pqtj.png

34riq6p.jpg
  • iamsamsma
    iamsamsma Posts: 12
    Options
    I am a processed food junkie. I have been a super picky eater all my life and raw carrots and tomato paste are the extent of my veggies.

I cut out eating out and take out and added tons of workouts.
    Other than that I eat a variety of foods, cut out most sweets and drink lots of water.

I would not say I have an "ideal" way of eating, but I have lost eating this way.
  • mocarski002
    mocarski002 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "clean". My fiance would never allow that to happen! lol. We just bought a house so we have a tight budget! His family is also italian and there home cooking is amazing! Can't turn it away. I just make sure I take my time eating and make sure I'm eating reasonable portions! Lots of water! Little meals! I am down 20lbs since mid January and before I joined MFP I had lost 14 pounds or so before then.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm a very dirty eater!
    I've only been on MFP since mid January and as you can see from my ticker; it's hardly hindered me very much.

Portion control and smart choices are the only thing you need.

That, and a bit of cardio, if you fancy an extra slice of cake ;)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm doing just fine eating some pancakes, waffles and fast food. Ice cream will come later when I feel like making some - I like mine better than the ones you can buy. I eat at least one of the above once a day.

I'm also eating a lot more fruits and veggies and homemade meals, but it's obviously not necessary. I just think they're tasty :)
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    oh yeah every day i eat a pint of ice cream wine pizza beer salads fruit burgers bagels...lost all my fat this wayyyy:) clean eating is ****tarded
  • eena830
    eena830 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!