Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• brutalbug
    brutalbug Posts: 6
    Options
    There's a million unhealthy ways to lose weight. I lost five lbs in a week once by having a glass of scotch instead of dinner. I know plenty of skinny people who live on fast food. Just eat like half what you normally would.

I'm over on my micros. I'm also over on my sugar just about every day(57 grams) but I eat tons of fruit(sugar) & veg and splurge on a few comfort items a day when I want them. I try for under 40 grams of fat and over 40 grams of protein. Other than that, I let things fall as they may, guzzle water, and keep a caloric deficit of ~1000 calories daily. All of my medical tests are so much better than they were despite having dessert and about 600 snack calories a day. I think it's healthy if it works.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I'm IIFYM... Sometimes I eat like a hippie mutha ****a, but other times I just eat processed bars, whey protein, and **** from the freezer like Lean Pockets.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm not a clean eater by any stretch. I have a cheat day once a week where on that particular day, with that particular meal, anything goes. I also eat packaged food when it contains nutritional information that I consider suitable for my body's needs. I eat organic when I can, but that is rare because I'm a starving student and can't afford it. I wash things and/or peel before I eat. I eat sweets. I eat cheese (GASP!!).

Yeah. I said it. But you know what? In total I've dropped 80lb. Eating clean isn't the only way to do it. Just be f***ing mindful.

:D
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I eat what I like. Sometimes, I want organic greens topped with chicken breast and raspberries. Sometimes, I want buttered Pop-Tarts.

Works for me.

6092675_7327.jpg6092675_9827.jpg
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a "clean" eater. When I did attempt to follow "clean" eating, I'd lose and gain the same 10 pounds. I just can't give up certain things.

Once I stopped putting food into "good" and "bad" categories, and just watched my calories & macros, the pounds came off, and I'm now at a weight I haven't seen in years. 27 pounds down with ice cream, chips, a lot of cheese, gelato, burgers, and more cheese. I occasionally eat fast food if I don't feel like cooking. I avoid most food items with a "low-fat" label, and I drink diet soda like it's going out of style.

I also eat white bread. I hate the taste of wheat bread, and after years of being told that white bread makes you fat (mainly from my father), I finally kicked wheat to the curb.

The best part is, I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all, and I've finally learned self-control. When I tried to eat "clean" I could not keep chips, or ice cream, or cookies in the house because I would break and finish the package in one sitting. Now I regularly buy those things and can go days without touching them.

If eating dirty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    I've lost 64 pounds since last year and I eat COOOKIES!!
    I work at a bakery and testing the baked goods for freshness is actually a part of my job. I balance it out by walking a lot.

37f9c917-c29e-4a4a-ac07-db499d78c80c_zpsb20ffcea.jpg

IMG_20130428_145549_zps9cb24aa9.jpg
    I'm 5' 5" and currently 150 lbs.
  • onedayatatime410
    onedayatatime410 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    WOW... mind blown. Reading this stuff really changes your perspective. Consistency and BALANCE are the keys... motivated.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I changed jobs and lost 10 lbs (going from a desk job to food service/diet technician (I usually get lunch and dinner at work, plus access to all kinds of stuff that I couldn't say no to a few years back - I have a little more restraint now :blushing: ). I don't eat clean, by any means. My regular breakfast consists of Frosted Mini-Wheats or Toaster Strudel! I love my desserts, I still eat junk (but not nearly as much). I usually eat a big salad for lunch, but am not afraid to indulge - within reason. I eat what I want, when I want, just watch my portions. I drink wine, too! Life is too short to deny ourselves goodies now and then.
  • Amanda241174
    Amanda241174 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump....to come back and read later :)
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump...this is the club for me!!!
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I am in...i eat what i want. For sure.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When I plan my food, I try to make sure I'm getting enough protein and fat, typically from dairy, eggs, and fish. I aim for 5 servings of fruits/vegetables a day as well, though I usually fall short at 3 or 4 servings. I also take a daily multi-vitamin.

Aside from those rules, I don't worry. "Processed" foods don't scare me. I eat something with chocolate most nights: hot cocoa (instant mix with - SHOCK - corn syrup solids!), Cadbury biscuits, etc. I eat bread at least every other day. I go out for/make a big brunch every Sunday - either a fry up or pancakes/waffles/french toast - once a week, and have been doing so for nearly 5 years. I also eat: pizza, ice cream, donuts, french fries, fried fish, chimichangas, cheesecake, and whatever else I feel like, as long as it's only occasional.

These have not prevented me from losing/maintaining weight.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is probably the most interesting topic I've ever seen on this site and I love it!! :D I eat horribly but I'm losing weight. Last year I got close to my goal eating crap. College started and I gained weight, but now I'm losing again eating crap. As long as you stay within your calorie goal you'll lose weight.
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the cake.

me too!
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat clean / cleaner! My cravings are too great! But I'm a hell of a lot better than what I was 18 months ago. I still eat pizza on a weekly basis, eat out for lunch and dinner a couple of times per week when I see family, sometimes indulge in choccie or icecream I just try to limit it where possible, but I also use the excuse "life's short" so I try to enjoy it and if I'm exercising 5-6 times per week then why to have a bit of dirty stuff?! I lost about 14 kilograms last year from eating healthy but still with naughtiness too! However now I'm plateaued and feeling like my only option is to really pick up my clean act but I don't want to!!!!
  • larchie14
    larchie14 Posts: 4
    Options
    So far I've lost 18 lbs on a pretty dirty "diet". I've cut portion sizes and try to be more sensible but there's no way I would have come this far if I didn't eat chocolate (most days), biscuits, pizza (weekly fix), chips etc. All in moderation and enjoying my diet and weight-loss :-D
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I really like the *idea* of eating clean, but for me personally at this stage of my life I don't really think it's something I can sustain. The moment I feel restricted I want to eat EVERYTHING. I eat healthily, try and stick to my macros, and am conscious of everything I put in to my body, but if I wanna go out and get hammered and then eat a pizza at 2am then I'll do it.... and factor it all in to my calorie allowance.

I've lost 16lbs so far, but I reckon the biggest success for me is the change in my attitude towards food, having broken myself out of the mentality that the only way to lose weight is to eat clean, go on a VLCD or to spend 3540858492589320 hours in the gym on cardio machines.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic! I eat pretty much what I feel like, and have lost weight, my cholesterol is in normal limits.

I eat a range of foods - but don't get hung up on the clean bit. I like vegies, salads, nuts etc, but I also eat eggs, butter, fish n chips, etc. I try to not have too much packaged / overly processed food.

Today my lunch was what I call my "Almost like Cheesecake" - 45 grams of Uncle Toby's Bran cereal, half a cup of almond milk, 100g FULL fat Greek yoghurt, 100gm boysenberries, and 15 gms (about 3 teaspoons) of maple syrup. 380 calories. One of the ladies I work with nearly had a heart attack - all that sugar!!

This is my usual breakfast
    Breakfast235cals_zps3133a30a.jpg

Eat to live and eat in a way that you know you can sustain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!