Triumphantly Dirty (Non-Clean) Eaters

Options

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat dirty! Deep fried fish tacos like 3x a week. Lots of bean and cheese burritos, and breakfast burritos. Pizza and Burger at least once a week. You definitely CAN still lose weight while eating like a stoner . . . :smokin:
    And you will feel like a stoner as well. Losing weight is just one part of the puzzle. I think that's the big misconception with IIFYM. You still want to pick healthier food choices but leave some space for whatever you want to eat.
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes! I lost 20lbs on a pretty consistent diet of cookies/ ice cream / pizza/ nachos and whatever else I feel like eating. Basically portion control has become my bff.
  • 0nemoretry
    0nemoretry Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump!!!

Good to see there are humans out there!
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses so far! Amazing pics from everyone who posted them. Holy crow :D
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I guess you can count me in since often times I eat outside food and eat some junk food daily. Though I do try and eat at home as much as possible. I'm semi-dirty. I'm the kid that plays and makes splashes in the water and then lets the dog lick it all off of him!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I guess you can count me in since often times I eat outside food and eat some junk food daily. Though I do try and eat at home as much as possible. I'm semi-dirty. I'm the kid that plays and makes splashes in the water and then lets the dog lick it all off of him!

Lol, love the metaphor.

I try to eat only semi-dirty, but I've been sucking at that lately. For instance, last Saturday was completely pizza and ice cream. It was awesome, but I RARELY do that. Actually, it might have been the first time I've done it since logging. But I already know I need to add more lean protein and veggies into my diet.
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Calories in/out is working for me. Regular exercise is new and one of the key motivators for me (as I am not into long term goals) is being able to 'earn' a Almond Magnum to eat after my KFC meal.

I am aware of nutrition on a theoretical level. Every now and then I try to incorporate fresh veges into my diet but it is mostly corn, kumara, and potatoes - and those are rarely not cooked in oil.

I was 80 kg in October-ish last year. I have lost 11 kgs and still steadily losing weight and getting fitter.
  • echippendale
    Options
    Ive not eaten clean, all i have done is reduce portion size , i have a little of what i want, i dont deprive my self. ive lost just over 4stone since nov 2011.

MAY 2011 219.8lbs

180669_10150401253725599_7501089_n_zpsc815c52a.jpg

TAKEN YESTERDAY 07/05/2013 163.8lbs

946177_10152819808745599_54686037_n_zps561d4dde.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    In...

...to read all of the "dirty eating" success stories of the mostly young people.

:flowerforyou:

*cough*
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I eat ice-cream every day. Look at my avi, look at my ticker. Come at me brah
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    And I do very little cardio...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    IIFYM, IF and 80/20 eater who has at least one fast food meal a week. For years now..............................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The only trouble I find with eating dirty is it makes me hungry and want more than what is properly portioned. My blood sugar spikes and I end up on a cycle of eating more junk. For example I can not eat just one triple stuffed oreo, I must have half the package, and at 100 calories a cookie, well I will be in the gym for weeks before I get all that excess off...so I keep them out of the house. Though I do indulge in them with friends from time to time. I have two or three when we do coffee together and hand the rest of the package to friends and let them devour them. They think I am a great friend...I, however, know how evil I am being to them LOL.

With that said I only eat clean about 80% of the time and what I consider clean is not low fat, but mostly paleo. I think low fat concept is a joke and the best way to derail your diet plan...

I believe eating dirty 20-25% percent of the time helps you stay on track the rest of the time.

For me the key is to stay within my calorie goals on MFP and balance the protein to carb ratio 3:2 and eat some healthy fat with the dirty stuff as well. So if i want a DQ cone after a work out, I consume my protein shake first (it has 30 calories in it, and no carbs and 1 gram fat). Eating the protein helps stabilize the blood sugar spike from the ice cream and prevents me from eating more ice cream than I should.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I am a successful dirty-eater! I believed for years that dieting had to be a miserable daily grind of tuna and Brussels sprouts! How wonderful it was to join this site and learn that junk food is not evil and can be fit into a successful weight loss plan. A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit. Healthy food makes me feel better, but all is not lost if I have a chocolate bar and a bag of chips!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good to know there are a lot of people like me out there! I have nothing against clean eating, but its just too hard. I'd rather eat what I want and then exercise it off (not that thats what I do :P, but in theory, thats what I prefer!!)
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't know how everyone does it. For the most party I'm pretty healthy. I don't eat fast food and haven't for a long time. If I DO splurge on eating out I usually pick the healthiest option, or I shoot for "free range" or "organic" if I need to really stretch it and not feel TOO guilty about a huge slice of pizza or something. But I go one night with a couple of drinks and I balloon up like a whale! I have no idea how you've all lost weight and ate garbage the whole time...
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I once patted the grease off my meat lovers pizza with a napkin, that counts as clean, right?

Lost and have maintained my loss for my loss for a year and a half. I eat fast food. A lot. And chocolate.
    In...

...to read all of the "dirty eating" success stories of the mostly young people.

:flowerforyou:

*cough*
    No way Sara, you are a special unicorn. A ripped, sexy, ice cream eating unicorn...
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I want to see successes from people who don't have clean diets!

For reasons I'm not willing to get into, clean eating is not an option for me right now, and I really need the motivation. I know you guys are out there so if you can show me pics and give me tips on how to make it work, I'd be really grateful. I feel like a minority on MFP who doesn't eat clean and I could use the support!

(Just for background, I did lose 20+ pounds last year without a clean diet but I reset my ticker this year after falling off the wagon into the Land of Self-Induced Plateau. Back on it though!)

p.s. no preaching, please. If I could eat a cleaner diet, I would! I've read it all already. c:

A girl with Sharon Ehman's body as a profile pic who doesn't want to/can't eat cleanly. The irony. (Can't? Not sure how cutting out processed food could be something someone COULDN'T do... but I won't pry.)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'll have to get back to you when I actually have some decent progress pics. I didn't start taking progress pictures until recently and I really avoided camera's if at all possible when I was at 260lbs.

I eat what I want, just in moderation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!