Hummus Help Please

Options
123457»

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I recently made a Pea Hummus. I wanted to see if I could cut down on calories and fat.

So I used blanched peas 32 oz bag, 10 cloves of garlic ( love the stuff), fresh parsley and cilantro, juice from a lime, salt and pep to taste, and since tahini is what puts the fat in hummus I used a 5.3 oz container of nonfat Greek yogurt. Whized it up in the food processor...Delish!!

Mmmmmm this sounds wonderful, I'll have to try it. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I spread it on a wrap or whole grain tortilla and pack it with veggies and vegan chickn and sometimes quiona. Makes a good lunch.
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love hummus on baked potato instead of sour cream.....yum!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    One of the most important rules about hummus is DO NOT USE CANNED TAHINI. It tastes like old socks. If you have a Whole Foods near you, they carry it in jars. So much better. Just be sure to stir it well. Also, Middle Eastern and Indian markets carry it.

If anyone is in the DC area, Whole Foods carries Cava Mezze hummus. Their kalamata olive hummus is KILLER.

I use hummus in sandwiches, on veggie burgers, or to dip veggies or rice crackers.

Honestly, I'd eat it with a spoon. The veggies are really just a vessel to get the hummus to my mouth.
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TraciRazz
    TraciRazz Posts: 12
    Options
    I LOVE it spread on a low carb whole wheat wrap with some grilled chicken, lettuce and tomato instead of mayo or oil/dressing. Gives it a nice tangy flavor and way better for you!
  • TraciRazz
    TraciRazz Posts: 12
    Options
    Yummy black bean recipe... tried to save it!
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Infinite BUMP!
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump for later