This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    i don't know if anyone already shared this, but i didn't wanna search through a few dozen pages of posts!

This video shows the amazing transformation of a very plain, average looking woman, through makeup and hair styling, and then photo "retouching"... to the finished billboard advertisement-ready image. It's pretty mindblowing if you have never seen anything like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hibyAJOSW8U
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm not certain I believe the "jiggly" photos either. It's just as easy to photoshop people to look less attractive. Those tabloid newpapers are always showing what is supposed to be real, but I take that all with a grain of salt

True!
  • LTStoerm
    LTStoerm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Funny funny stuff.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The thing that gets me on all of these are the straps. I have frustrated myself time and again about how my straps on underwear and bikini's cut into my "fat" and wondered why they never just sit on top like I see in the magazines, as I have gotten much firmer. But it's all just lies. They don't actually just sit on top like that for anyone because there is always going to be a layer of fat there, just reduced.

Not for everybody. Some people have their straps laying over their pronounced ribcage.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    and creepy...

hm-body-morphing-huda-beauty-similar.jpg

:noway: that's the same body with different heads and accessories!!! Creepy, indeed!
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Posting for two reasons... One, to follow and read more later.

Two, I'll be the brave soul to post before/after Photoshop photos. I had a photo shoot back at the beginning of May. I'll pull the un-retouched photos that I selected, and I'll post the side-by-side of the finished product. I've been told by the photographer that he doesn't over PS the photos, so we'll see. It should be interesting. I'll have a few to post by the end of the week.
  • TiaFerrera
    TiaFerrera Posts: 93
    Options

Two, I'll be the brave soul to post before/after Photoshop photos. I had a photo shoot back at the beginning of May. I'll pull the un-retouched photos that I selected, and I'll post the side-by-side of the finished product. I've been told by the photographer that he doesn't over PS the photos, so we'll see. It should be interesting. I'll have a few to post by the end of the week.

You're already hot what could they possibly do to you?! I'd thought to offer to edit someones on here to show a before and after but I just don't have the time! I can't wait to see!
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    Bump
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    love this thread
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Excited to see this!
  • TiaFerrera
    Options
    EXCELLENT ARTICLE
    http://theillusionists.org/2013/04/the-problem-with-dove/

About the Dove campaign, and the many many equally manipulative ads created by their parent company.

IF you don't have time to read it points out many of the hypocritical moves this huge business makes. Unilever makers of Dove who promote "real beauty" also make Ax and the most women-objectifying ads in america.

They also purchased Slim-fast and Ben and Jerry's on the same damn day. Just proving that weightloss products aren't made to make you thin, they are made to make them money by making you feel bad enough about yourself to buy anything.

(seen on IndyInk's Pinterest board (my favorite) http://pinterest.com/indyink/dont-compare-yourself-to-celebrities/)
  • TiaFerrera
    Options
    That leads me to a whole other rant

Understanding Parent companies

155b2e11_parent-companies-large.jpg

(right click, open image in new tab)

Every brand you can think of, for the most part, has a parent company. That parent company owns and controls your favorite brands, without any evident marking that shows it's origin. No one can sit down and memorize who owns what but it's important to remember when considering new brands.

For example, above we mentioned that Unilever owns Ben and Jerrys, they also own Good Sense, Breyers, Popcycle, Fudgecycle, Cornetto, Klondike and Magnum ice-cream brands also. Makes it very ironic that they would own SlimFast.

The key here is that they clearly have no principal. Only want money and will have a marketing campaign to match a brand that will cater to every type of consumer.

Lets look at P&G
    Do you prefer Cheer cause it's cheap, or Tide because it's reliable?
    Do you prefer Bounce or Downy dryer sheets?
    Dawn or Joy in your dishes?
    It really doesn't F*#^'n matter because it's made by the same people.

Bottom line, don't pay attention to advertising. They will sell one product to the stay at home mom, and sell the same product under a different name to the business woman.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Most of the time generic is just as good.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I saw this the other day and thought of this thread :)

debenhams_photoshop_81551600.jpg

Source:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10115980/Debenhams-breaks-ranks-and-vows-to-ditch-airbrushed-models.html

Image is too wide but you can right-click and select "open in new tab"
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    debenhams_photoshop_81551600.jpg
    She looks gorgeous on the left. Like a paper doll on the right. Ugh.
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    I actually do a bit of photography on the side of my day job and, one day, I taught myself how to 'photoshop me skinny'.

I now have some very ridiculous, very funny, very AWFUL pictures of me with a tiny waist and massive tits.

I'm going to post the image I taught myself with.... apologies for the confusing before and after (with before on the RIGHT and after on the LEFT). This woman didn't need what I did to her...I was just experimenting. It took me 5 minutes to learn how to do it. THAT is SCARY.

422151_251318684961188_1529340485_n.jpg
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bump