This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options
1333435363739»

Replies

• RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Here's the new link to that article mentioned above:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-dixon/weight-loss-secrets_b_3643898.html
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Browsing this thread and noticed the ad scrolling across the bottom:- for PS type software (several different types in fact-I've identified about 3). Now that's got to be ironic.
    :huh:

The ads are based on your cookies. Because you are looking at a thread about photoshop, you may get ads for that or similar software. Same thing happens in HGC threads.
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this thread makes me want to laugh or cry. It seems so wrong that they do this.

Thanks OP
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I knew that they photoshopped these things but you know, the temptation is always there to want to look like these impossible people!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Tagging so I can check all the images out later. I :heart: this thread!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Here is a video showing the giraffe neck edit and other elongating and trimming, and making a model look completely different than how she really looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPnfjwKfkSk
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I don't lose thread. About to do some work in a youth club. This may make a good display.

Also going to need some of the references I think.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I know someone who does this for a living. It appalls me.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I just saw this today - it's Tom Sturridge and Sienna Miller in the new Burberry campaign. Ok - she's a slim girl - but her waist is smaller than her head in this photo...

Sienna-Miller-and-Tom-Sturridge-featuring-in-the-Burberry-Autumn_Winter-2013-Campaign-de.jpg

And they chopped off his thumb to do it. Also, where the heck is her neck? Even a black turtleneck wouldn't go right up to her jaw line.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    bump 4 later
  • awoodz13
    Options
    This is kind of random but it still has to do with photoshopping). does anyone know if wedding photographers photoshop their pictures to make you like the pictures better? I know they edit them with the lights and everything, but do they try and slim you down or change things like in these pictures? I have one wedding picture that I love but it makes me look unusually tall and I'm only 5'2" (it could be the angle, but I'm curious).
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I don't think so, but ask the photographer.