Please, Please, Please no more "diet" threads

Options
ndj1979
ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
I swear if I read one more topic that says fast metabolism diet, virgin diet, cabbage diet, chicken diet, thermo nuclear pills, rules for skinny, jumpstart skinny or whatever the hell the latest fad is, I swear I am going to scream and start doing horrible things....well maybe it is not that bad, but whatever happened to just eating in a 500 al deficit and working out/moving more?

You then try and tell these people that instead of lining some fools pocket you already have access to a free site in MFP, yet they are still trying to find something else? then they all say well "did you read the book?" I am not going to spend 24.99 on some book just so I can justify that what they are proposing is crap. I guarantee if I read any of these diets they will all start with "now make sure that you eat six small meals space out over the course of the day, because we all know that helps speed up metabolism and avoid the dreaded 'starvation mode'...ughhhhhhhh

What do you all think?

All right feel free to comment/fire away peeps....and I look forward to hilarious replies that make me laugh out loud....

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm going to try the Blue Face diet. I eat like I normally do and work out like i normally do, but occasionally hold my breathe afterwords. I paid $100 for a seminar and it seems pretty legit; they had side by side before and after slides during the power point and everything.
  • ubetido1
    ubetido1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi

We humans seem to always find a way to complicate things. Everyone has got an opinion. At the end of the day its what works best for you.

Regards
    U
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny after awhile. I feel bad for people who really think that fad "diets" are the way to go...
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ugh this is all I hear at my office. And then they're all like "I lost 13 pounds in 4 days...so...yeah..." doh....
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    People are stupid and lazy. These quick fix deals appeal to them. As long as there are idiots, there will be people trying to take their money.
  • fortimer
    fortimer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase often credited to P. T. Barnum (1810–1891), an American showman. Though this phrase is often credited to Barnum, it was actually spoken by a man by the name of David Hannum, who was criticizing both Barnum and his customers.

Yep, that's about the size of it...
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Ugh this is all I hear at my office. And then they're all like "I lost 13 pounds in 4 days...so...yeah..." doh....

I have a friend that is like this, Anything that doesn't include eating well she will try..Skinny me tea was the last one. Basically taking a butt load of laxatives daily..how can that be good for you!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    People are stupid and lazy. These quick fix deals appeal to them. As long as there are idiots, there will be people trying to take their money.

I will agree with the quick fix. but its like take a step back and think it took a loong time to pack on the pounds, it is going to take just as much time if not longer to lose it..

People watch way too much Dr Oz..my mom always has that crap on and is like Dr. oz says bla bla bla ..and I am likd Dr .Oz is a freaking idiot lol
  • ndj1979
    Options

I have a friend that is like this, Anything that doesn't include eating well she will try..Skinny me tea was the last one. Basically taking a butt load of laxatives daily..how can that be good for you!

thats called crapping out all your weight...garbage in, garbage out right? LOL
  • Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been eating clean.. It was hard at first because I found it hard to choke down my apple with dawn dish soap (lemon is the best) but I have lost alot of weight and my innards are pretty clean and my toots smell fresh
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    man, im so sick of everyone going on about diets. hold up while i go on about people going on about diets.

Xzibit.png
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I've been eating clean.. It was hard at first because I found it hard to choke down my apple with dawn dish soap (lemon is the best) but I have lost alot of weight and my innards are pretty clean and my toots smell fresh

bro, just throw it in the laundry that is what I do with all food ...spin cycle and then eat mmmmm clean food
  • ndj1979
    Options
    man, im so sick of everyone going on about diets. hold up while i go on about people going on about diets.

Xzibit.png

i reserve the right to go on about whatever I choose...

does that gif do anything, or just sit there looking all weird and sh%t
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Not always idiots, but desperate people. People who have vacation in a month and need to lose 20 pounds. They're desperate to lose fast, even if/when they know it's not sustainable.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Well since it is a fitness/calorie counter site, the diet threads are inevitable. Also, this sites search tool is pretty useless. I think for the majority of people who are starting these threads (ill give them the benefit of the doubt) are actually using the search feature to no avail and just posting a topic so they can get answers.

However, leading them to right group and right information usually clears up these threads rather quickly. So allow the people who do have the patience to answer these peoples diet questions to answer them effectively and carry on with your day.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

That's why I spend all of my money on video games! That'll teach those greedy diet-fad shills from trying to steal my monies!

...It's better to give it to the likes of EA, the worst company in the world.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

That's why I spend all of my money on video games! That'll teach those greedy diet-fad shills from trying to steal my monies!

...It's better to give it to the likes of EA, the worst company in the world.

Lol here here now goes to play skyrim
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Counting calories just gets so bo.o.o.o.ring after a while. I love reading gimmicky diet books just to see what people are talking about, and maybe get a new recipe or idea to play around with. Reading about how I should only eat while juggling live snakes over an open pit on the full moon makes me appreciate the simplicity of what I am doing.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Are these a special kind of weight loss jeans? I could really use some new threads and if they are diet, will they make me look thinner?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones