Please, Please, Please no more "diet" threads

Options

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Ugh this is all I hear at my office. And then they're all like "I lost 13 pounds in 4 days...so...yeah..." doh....

I have a friend that is like this, Anything that doesn't include eating well she will try..Skinny me tea was the last one. Basically taking a butt load of laxatives daily..how can that be good for you!

thats called crapping out all your weight...garbage in, garbage out right? LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    As a "diet" technically refers to what you actually eat, it can apply to any eating patterns advocated for on this site. So, we are all on diets of one variety or another. However, the fad "Diets" that you are referring to, I will agree, are idiotic. Losing weight at its core is very simple: "Eat less (or better, as I prefer to phrase it) and move more!" Problem solved. :bigsmile:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones

Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    As a "diet" technically refers to what you actually eat, it can apply to any eating patterns advocated for on this site. So, we are all on diets of one variety or another. However, the fad "Diets" that you are referring to, I will agree, are idiotic. Losing weight at its core is very simple: "Eat less (or better, as I prefer to phrase it) and move more!" Problem solved. :bigsmile:

oh no you don't even go there trying to inject logic into this conversation ...calories in, calories out pffffff please....the only way to lose weight is juggle raspberry ketones over a pit of poisonous snakes for 12 hours, and then blend the ketones with the snake venom and drink for seven days straight..everyone knows that ...
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones

Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
    HCG
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    People are stupid and lazy. These quick fix deals appeal to them. As long as there are idiots, there will be people trying to take their money.

That's why I spend all of my money on video games! That'll teach those greedy diet-fad shills from trying to steal my monies!

...It's better to give it to the likes of EA, the worst company in the world.

Lol here here now goes to play skyrim

Speaking of Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online needs to hurry the heck up. I need to give them my money.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I heard that if you only eat what other people buy it's like eating zero calories, because you didn't spend your money on it.
    That's what my college roommate did, and she was really skinny. I got fat, because she was eating calories bought with my money, so it was like I was eating them.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    man, im so sick of everyone going on about diets. hold up while i go on about people going on about diets.

Xzibit.png

Exactly.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Actually .... I would quite like to see what you'll do when you explode. So hopefully, there'll be a few more fad diet threads today *hehehehehe*

But seriously, I'm with you - and I'm by no means an expert. But it's clear that none of those fashion diets or magic pills really work long-time, or else we wouldn't be having an obesity crisis the world over.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but I've been there. On every diet.

A "diet" is simply a way of eating. Most of us weren't brought up on a great "diet" (I grew up eating Twinkies, French fries and pork chops.) Most of us weren't taught how to plan meals, shop, cook.

In countries where food and eating well are big parts of the national culture..and big points of pride (France, e.g.), you don't see our levels of obesity.

It's fun to bash people for their stupidity, but I'm sure that all of us have done something as stupid as the cabbage diet or whatever the diet might be...even if it isn't a diet. We didn't know, we took a leap, we wasted some time and some money (probably) but we learned something.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I know its crazy. But there are a LOT of people, like myself, who used to think diets were the way to go. Eventually, we all have that light bulb moment. :wink:
  • Poeophelia
    Poeophelia Posts: 1
    Options
    The office I used to work in would go thru diet phases. The first one was putting a staple in your ear, then it was that cayenne water, wraps, special vitamins, low carb, no carb, south beach.....it was exhausting. Everyone wants a quick fix...umm who doesn't but that's not how it works. I don't know how many times people asked me how I was losing weight, when I said diet and exercise they looked puzzled.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should quit being such diet shaming jerks everyones body is different. I have done the fibonacci diet where I only eat foods shaped like a spiral for six weeks now and I have put on 17 lbs of mussels
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should quit being such diet shaming jerks everyones body is different. I have done the fibonacci diet where I only eat foods shaped like a spiral for six weeks now and I have put on 17 lbs of mussels

IN! Where do I send my money?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Cool hat bro
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    man, im so sick of everyone going on about diets. hold up while i go on about people going on about diets.

Xzibit.png

i reserve the right to go on about whatever I choose...

does that gif do anything, or just sit there looking all weird and sh%t

28045414.jpg

take a joke pal.

31409126.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    That cat is going to give me nightmares!!!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Xzibit.png

Exactly.

Ditto.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Have a friend on FB trying to convince me that "cabbage diet" is a miracle worker and is the way to go. I tried to politely tell her that isn't the case and send her this way but she has went to the dark side :/
  • MikeDasTrainer
    Options
    Wait, so the whole eating dirt thing to get huge was a lie....****.....there goes $1000 for all that dirt I ordered in the mail