How old do people think you are?

Options
runner2runner
runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
Okay, here goes! I'm 31 years old going on 32. But it seems I look much younger than I actually am, at least according to a lot of people. People have told me they think I'm 25, 26, 23 and even as young as 20. Which I guess is a huge compliment. They are for the most part, always surprised when I tell them how old I am.

So, how old do people think you are when that old age discussion comes up? Please put you real age as well, if you're willing to.

Replies

• hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, but a lot of people think I'm 30-something. Yay!!!!
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    30, people place me at 22 to 25. Good skin yo.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Is that your body?! At 45?! If so, I can see why people think you're younger. I thought you were between 25 - 30 based on that picture.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options

I agree.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I get 20 to thirty. I'm 25 though. Depends on how my skin is looking. When I don't get enough water or sleep it really shows.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 but people usually think I'm 21 or 22.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    People are always guessing 20's for me. I tell them I ate a lot of food with preservatives as a kid.

ETA: The truth more likely lies in the fact that I avoid the sun like the plague. Also, forgot to mention I'm 40.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I always get mistaken for my sister who is 22! And a lot of people at work think I'm in my mid 20's when I'm actually early 30's. A bit scared that once I reach goal I'll look older!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Exercise really helps doesn't it? Or maybe it's just good genes :laugh:

People think I'm younger until they realise I've got a 17 year old daughter, then they are unsure. Thanks daughter :laugh:
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    People are always guessing 20's for me. I tell them I ate a lot of food with preservatives as a kid.

ETA: The truth more likely lies in the fact that I avoid the sun like the plague.

Very true. I'm actually alergic to vit.d (effectively alergic to sun :D) like a proper goth and aspiring vampire :D

Does skin good, fo sho

Edit: Also to da lady worried reachiing goal will add years to looks. Its quite the contrary. Fat puts you into age void where you look everything between 20ish to 50ish, depending how bloated and swollen you are at the moment. If you are in early 30s, drink lots of water, flip the sun or use sunscreens and eat healthy, you will look younger than you are and FEEL younger than you are.
    Trust me on that, i'm not a doctor ;)
    Was my major concern when on my way to goal and thankfully my skin looks much nicer now when some cheekbones are showing underneath it :3
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Early 30's but I'm 46
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

ETA: The truth more likely lies in the fact that I avoid the sun like the plague.

Very true. I'm actually alergic to vit.d (effectively alergic to sun :D) like a proper goth and aspiring vampire :D

Does skin good, fo sho
    It burns my skin and blinds me. Plus, yeah, the whole goth thing :laugh:
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    im 35 ive been told 28-29.:)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    my students think i'm 23. older people think i'm 26.

i'm 32 :D
  • nicolecassandra
    Options
    I'm 24 but they think I'm still a student at 19 :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 but they thought that I'm somewhere between 19-25.
  • runner2runner
    Options
    Exercise really helps doesn't it? Or maybe it's just good genes :laugh:

People think I'm younger until they realise I've got a 17 year old daughter, then they are unsure. Thanks daughter :laugh:

I reckon it's a combination of both! But I think lifestyle plays a bigger role than genes. It's sort of like your car. If you take good care of it, it'll still look and drive like brand new 10 or 20 years later. Same goes for our bodies. If we look after ourselves, it'll show when we're older. If we don't on the one hand, it'll also show, and it won't matter whether you have good genes or not, but your body (and often your face) will show that you don't take good care of yourself.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Im 49 I get 36 and hit on by guys young enough to be my son in the gym spa lol
  • runner2runner
    Options
    Im 49 I get 36 and hit on by guys young enough to be my son in the gym spa lol

Lucky you!!
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    People say they think I'm a young looking 25 year old or an old looking 19 year old.... which I think means I look my age (22) :laugh: