Corset/ Waist training

Options
curvymomo3
curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
Good Morrow MFP'ers!! :D

Recently, I attended a ren faire and wore my beautiful steel boned corset as a pyrate wench! Before wearing it, I spent that week prior breaking it in and getting use to it so I could learn how to properly breathe, eat, sit, and not die in it LOL! Since then.. I have went from 35inch waist to 33 inches and my belly measurements at my navel went from 39inches to 36inches ( that is without the corset mind you)

The ren faire has come n gone, and here I am wearing my corset still lol anyone else waist train or love corsets?? :D I am liking what I am seeing!

Replies

• curvymomo3
    Options
    no steampunk/ pirate/ gothic/ victorian era/ retro crazed peoples out there? lol guess I am just a strange breed lol
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    no steampunk/ pirate/ gothic/ victorian era/ retro crazed peoples out there? lol guess I am just a strange breed lol

I keep meaning to buy a good proper steel boned corset. I love all things steampunk/gothic/victorian/retro/pirate/rene faire but man they are so expensive.
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    uuuggghhh right??!! I go to thrift stores and make my own/ alter! today I picked up some sweeeeeet shirts that will totally work! but one thing you must invest money in is a good corset! its like a good bra you want very good quality! I bought mine at orchard corset for 60 bux clearance! I have one more inch to go before I can buy my next size :D the next one I get will be a long line one to help with my lower belly mommy gut :( I dont think that will ever go away *sigh* but anyways I love your hair girl!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I love corsets. I had a little collection back when I was my original weight but now the only one I have is the one for my Emma Frost costume.
  • curvymomo3
    Options
    WOW congrats on the loss!!!!!!!!!!! how long did it take?? seems to be taking me forever :( but at least my belly measurements are the lowest they have been in years lol!! ( that is with the corset off too!)
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Never heard of waist training. Something to look into. Thanks.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Was it painful at first?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I just bought 2 steel boned ones and am quite excited to wear them out! My husband thinks I am silly but they are beautiful!

(I have never worn one before so I am going to have to practice with it first just like you did.)
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I love corsets. I don't have enough of them. I have two front lace, over corsets with full back - one short waist and one long waist - and one under corset (with lovely little skulls on it) with a lace up back. It's not as solidly constructed.

I've been looking at getting a long waist under corset with the steel boning and spiral steel boning, but since they are at least a couple hundred for a good one, I'll wait until I get down to my goal or near to it before buying.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I love my corsets, but can't get into the waist training. I am just not that hardcore, I guess. It is quite common to see results like this, but don't go overboard. Hourglass is sexy... wasp not so much!

Have fun with it, though. I'd love to see some of your pics- will have to poke around your profile tomorrow morning. :-)
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Was it painful at first?

No. It can be a little awkward and hard to move in at first, but should never be painful. Most of them have laces in the back, but can be 'popped' open in front in case of emergency. Just lace it as tightly as you deem comfortable, and go looser/tighter over time, as you adjust to the feel of it.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    going to try this eventually
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Which company did you purchase from? Have you tried front lacing or the back lacing only.? It looks intriguing to me, but I'm not sure about how I would do with back lacing piece
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    They're lovely to look at, but I couldn't get into it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, I've never done it. It sounds interesting, though. My waist is already 23 inches, so not sure if it would do anything more for me. Does it cause the lower belly to pooch out (shift stuff lower)?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They're lovely to look at, but I couldn't get into it.

I agree. They look lovely, but it seems more complicated (and expensive) than what I'd like to do.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    No pics! Major disappointment!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are. I'm just not really sure what the original question is. If you have questions, I can answer them. I am very knowledgable about modern corsetry and corset history.

But honestly you're going to need a better corset if you want to get into waist training. A typical ren faire corset isn't going to do it. It should be custom made to your measurements, but not completely necessary. It does need to be high quality, correctly fitted, and have steel boning.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options
    For the record, I do not waist train. I wear corsets for fashion only. They're pretty.

But I am well versed on waist training.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Options