Corset/ Waist training

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've made, and worn a steel-boned corset.

I'll take running and strength training over that, thanks.
    running strength and waist training/corset wearing in general are NOT mutually exclusive.
    <-- running and strength (well more strength to be honest) and I wear corsets. No reason not to as far as I'm concerned.
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i used to waist train, not anymore, i always got mine from Dark Garden, they are amazing and out of San Francisco CA ture training can only be done with the highest quality ones, you want to have steel to turn your ribs, I agree Ren quality won't do the job like a high quality one
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have been interested in waist training for a while. Once I get to goal I am going to invest in a good quality one. I just don't want to make such an expensive purchase at this weight.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Off the rack corsets are generally fitted to your waist measurement. Standard rule is that you would wear a corset 4 inches smaller than your natural waist (For example, I have a 25 inch waist, and I wear a 20 inch corset because my insides are extra squishy and i only have one kidney). It's best to try on different styles. If your breasts are bigger or smaller than average, you'd be better off getting one that fits underbust. Long line corsets are better for the tall or long waisted. There should be a gap of about 2 inches of leeway when you first close it, so you have somewhere to go when your body adapts. Modesty panels are wonderful if you aren't going to wear much underneath. You can wear everything or nothing under it, depending on the corset and the situation!

Which store for off rack do you use?

I bought my first 4 corsets from a goth/fetish shop in Cambridge, MA called Hubba Hubba. Off the top of my head, the brands were Vollers, Stormy Leather, Uzi, and a name that escapes me. I bought my Ritual Design corset from The Crypt in Denver, CO. My custom corsets are from Starkers and Azrael's Accomplice (by Batty Boop).
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    love corsets but badly need to get one a bit larger. The one I have doesn't go down far enough and my muffin top really stands out when I wear it. Longer would work too but I really think i need a size larger than I have. Mine is left over from my wedding, the one I wore under my wedding dress. If i remember right it only cost about $30. I also used to have some real pretty colorful ones that I got at thrift stores and such but I also out grew those. I need new ones real bad.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just googled for corsets in Michigan to see if I could find anything relatively close...I did, so now I will really need to think about custom vs not custom!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I talked with my fiance about waist training after doing some research and I ordered a book about it (how to avoid indigestion, how long to wear one per day, etc., among other things) so I may be ordering a custom waist training corset soon :) This thread really sparked my curiosity, thanks OP!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    To any of you interested in corsets, feel free to ask me questions. I've been doing it for a while, and I know how to get you fitted into an off the rack corset, as well as find one within your price range.

I just got a waist cincher. It is the http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJ8AGH4/ref=pe_309540_26725410_item Almighty cincher. I went by height and hips, not by waist size. My natural waist is 38, stretched waist 32(that's the measurement when I pull the measuring tape as tight as I can and hold my breath), and wearing the corset 30.75. Belly waist 40.5 When I got it I thought there was just no way I would fit in but I started from the breast area, did a couple of hooks, and then started the bottom hooks but had it pulled up near my breast area. I hooked it up all the way and then pulled it down. I am getting used to it. That's the same corset that Jessica Alba and all the Hollywood people wear after their pregnancies to quickly return to their original waist. She wore the corset for 3 months and had 2 of them on. I do not know how the waist training will go but I look incredible in dresses! With the corset I am an hourglass, 36-30-42.5 Now if I could only find a corset for my thighs as well.:laugh:
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I just got some award money, maybe I have found what I want to splurge on!
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    To any of you interested in corsets, feel free to ask me questions. I've been doing it for a while, and I know how to get you fitted into an off the rack corset, as well as find one within your price range.

I just got a waist cincher. It is the http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJ8AGH4/ref=pe_309540_26725410_item Almighty cincher. I went by height and hips, not by waist size. My natural waist is 38, stretched waist 32(that's the measurement when I pull the measuring tape as tight as I can and hold my breath), and wearing the corset 30.75. Belly waist 40.5 When I got it I thought there was just no way I would fit in but I started from the breast area, did a couple of hooks, and then started the bottom hooks but had it pulled up near my breast area. I hooked it up all the way and then pulled it down. I am getting used to it. That's the same corset that Jessica Alba and all the Hollywood people wear after their pregnancies to quickly return to their original waist. She wore the corset for 3 months and had 2 of them on. I do not know how the waist training will go but I look incredible in dresses! With the corset I am an hourglass, 36-30-42.5 Now if I could only find a corset for my thighs as well.:laugh:

Waist, butt, thighs....:)
  • Maryt1961
    Options
    So I see from looking at amazon, the corset is marked as a102...does that sound like the catalog number?
  • Alta2000
    Options
    So I see from looking at amazon, the corset is marked as a102...does that sound like the catalog number?

Yep, for $54, free delivery. I found the size I should order from one of the websites.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I get my corset's from Timeless-trends.com.

I have a 25' waist and wear a 20' corset. Steel boned. Beautiful. :)

I haven't worn it in a while (since i lost about 30 pounds) i wonder if it still fits. Additionally, i found that it made my very blocky ! ! waist look much more curvy. Looks fantastic with gothic lolita style too.

<3
  • Maryt1961
    Options

Yep, for $54, free delivery. I found the size I should order from one of the websites.

Just ordered this....goal is to have one of the other pretty, outerwear corsets in the next few months! This, diet, exercise.......
  • Alta2000
    Options

Just ordered this....goal is to have one of the other pretty, outerwear corsets in the next few months! This, diet, exercise.......

Do not be shocked when you open the package and it looks like it won't fit under any circumstances and that it is 10 inches smaller, even stretched! Put it on in the morning when you are not bloated and start from the top, the breast area. Do a couple of hooks, and then start the bottom hooks but have the bottom side pulled up near your breast area that has smaller width than your lower belly section. I hooked it up all the way and then pull it down. Wear it for 3-4 hours the first day, do not go wild. After wearing it for five days I have found that my belly seems more homogeneous, and does not have large cellulite type areas. I also massage the belly with the cocoa butter morning and night. I am excited because it has really boosted my belief that with exercise I can really lose the fat and make my waist be considerably lower than I thought it would ever be.
  • Maryt1961
    Options

Do not be shocked when you open the package and it looks like it won't fit under any circumstances and that it is 10 inches smaller, even stretched! Put it on in the morning when you are not bloated and start from the top, the breast area. Do a couple of hooks, and then start the bottom hooks but have the bottom side pulled up near your breast area that has smaller width than your lower belly section. I hooked it up all the way and then pull it down. Wear it for 3-4 hours the first day, do not go wild. After wearing it for five days I have found that my belly seems more homogeneous, and does not have large cellulite type areas. I also massage the belly with the cocoa butter morning and night. I am excited because it has really boosted my belief that with exercise I can really lose the fat and make my waist be considerably lower than I thought it would ever be.

Thanks for the tips! Should be here in the next week
  • Alta2000
    Options
    I love corsets! I love them sooo much I started making my own. I can't stand cheap nasty plastic ones. Steelbonned all the way. I haven't tried to waist train since I was 135 lbs. I'm planning on starting again when I reach my first goal of 145.

I actually researched for corsets because I had developed a loose lower belly pooch from the exercise. Even in my wildest dreams I could not imagine that it would be possible to go 10+ inches down in my waist IF I lose the fat. But now I am confident that I would be ~26-28 inches when I lose the fat. I started at 44 inches pre-diet, pre 30DS shred, pre-crunches and obliques exercise..
  • txbella
    txbella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IMAG0134_ZOE006_SHOT.jpg
    [/quote]

my new longline steelboned underbust pinstriped corset. love it. but bending to get something is quite the task lol. looking to order another to give this one a rest sometime.
  • Maryt1961
    Options

Thanks for the tips! Should be here in the next week

Just arrived today...I'm amazed at how fast it got here! You're right...it looks WAY too small! I did put it on to see how it feels...I actually like how it feels on my back with the extra support! Not sure about the rubbery odor yet...so will really have to keep out of bag, etc
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    every time I commit to this I get pregnant then it goes all out the door