Corset/ Waist training

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have a steel boned corset that I love, but I only have occasion to wear it a couple of times a year. It does take a bit of pre-wear to remind me how to sit/breathe/etc in it!

Last time I wore it was the first time driving in it. I imagine had stick shift trucks been a thing during the Victorian era, corsets would have fallen out of favor much faster.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It's something I always thought I wanted to do but never acted on. Definitely can't now while I'm pregnant, remind me in 8 months :wink:
  • feral_teddybear
    feral_teddybear Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Never wore one but have made a couple in the past. Have much respect for anyone, male or female, who can wear one and function.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I don't waist train, but I want more corsets...bought my first ever for a Halloween costume this past October:smile:
    I wish I had someone tie the back for me ( I did it myself), I think the waist would have looked better, but c'est la vie.

IMGP5854_zps35c664ec.jpg

IMGP5852_zpsb097848b.jpg
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it, I would live in corsets XD
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I had a quite a few higher end corsets that fit me well when I was at a higher weight. I ended up giving them to a friend after I reached my goal. I didn't want to give them to goodwill like I did my other bigger clothes as most likely the buyer wouldn't appreciate what they were getting.

I gave them to a friend who loves them dearly, and looks fabulous in them. I'm glad they made it to a good home.

I haven't gotten around to replacing them, but one of these days I plan on it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I love corsets. I have a 4 th one coming in the mail.

I buy them at corset story.....best price and very good quality.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm no help with corset makers but could hook you up with a good foot binder.

A fashion corset is fine, but waist training sounds fetishy. Each to her own I guess.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I don't waist train, but I want more corsets...bought my first ever for a Halloween costume this past October:smile:
    I wish I had someone tie the back for me ( I did it myself), I think the waist would have looked better, but c'est la vie.

IMGP5854_zps35c664ec.jpg

IMGP5852_zpsb097848b.jpg

Where's the like button? Like! Like! lick..I mean like!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    As you can tell by my ticker, this is relevant to my interests!

ETA: Just changed my profile pic to a better shot of one of my favorite corsets.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've never done waist training, but I'm big on fashion corsets. In my prime, I had a seller offer me deep discounts on sample sized corsets because I could fit them, looked awesome in them, and couldn't afford to pay off the rack! Nowadays, I don't wear them much outside of theater. I can sing in corsets. They complete the silhouette in Victorian costumes. I've sold off a few of my collection over the years, but I still have several living in the bottom of my costume box. I wore my Stormy Leather Edwardian underbust to an art opening last month. I should have more fun.

This is Ritual Designs. The last corset I purchased, nearly 10 years ago (Edit: I purchased it nearly 10 years ago; the picture is 4ish years ago):

4lpn5u.jpg
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love corsets though I don't waist train, I only wear them out once in awhile. My final weight loss goal reward to myself will be a custom made corset, possibly Starkers since I'm close to Toronto and can't find anyone local.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What does one wear under the corset? And do any of you very bright folks know who has good front tying corset?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    it's an idea i've toyed with from time to time...but not sure if I could actually do it.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I love corsets but don't have any desire to go into 23/7 waist training. I have about 15 corsets although some of them are getting too big now.

My favourites are from Emmeline Couture (my wedding corset) and Heavenly Corsets.

ukNssuFl.jpg

As you can see, I don't really need to train 23/7 to get a great shape.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love the look of corsets but with my boobs being so huge I'm not sure one would ever fit - and I can't really afford a custom one (most are like $600+) so I'd have to buy a costume-y one somewhere - maybe when I lose the weight. I don't want to waist train, I just want them for fashion.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I love the look of corsets but with my boobs being so huge I'm not sure one would ever fit - and I can't really afford a custom one (most are like $600+) so I'd have to buy a costume-y one somewhere - maybe when I lose the weight. I don't want to waist train, I just want them for fashion.

Check out www.heavenlycorsets.com. Elle is a sweetie and she's pretty busty. She did my red corset above (I'm a 32FF in that shot, although I was a 34F when it was made).

(That one was £150ish but it was a custom pattern with a lot of tweaks and a fabulous silk brocade.)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    This is a subject I didn't expect to see on MFP :smile: I do love corsets though.

For the ones unfamilar with the practise: The reduction in measurements following a day of corset wear is temporary. Only by long term wearing a corset one can attain a more permanent redistribution of tissue in the waist and stomach area. "Waist training" is usually considered to be not just the wearing of corsets, but the continuous aim for a smaller and smaller waist. This requires very well fitted corsets to avoid possible problems with pinched nerves etc. That said, also for regular wear a corset should never hurt. Think of it as a very large bra, it should fit just right and not be too large or small :flowerforyou:
  • bellalyfe
    bellalyfe Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Check out www.heavenlycorsets.com. Elle is a sweetie and she's pretty busty. She did my red corset above (I'm a 32FF in that shot, although I was a 34F when it was made).

(That one was £150ish but it was a custom pattern with a lot of tweaks and a fabulous silk brocade.)

I've seen you on the bee before. I loved your dress.
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Before my weight gain, I had several corsets. I miss them so badly. I've been looking through the sites that people posted and drooling at all the lovely options. I'm really interested in waist training. I just don't want to invest the money in a good corset while I'm still losing. Also, at my current weight, I don't know how effective it might be.