Bright red face!!

Options
124»

Replies

• mccallp319
    mccallp319 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine does!!! I always get asked if Im sun-burnt.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else's face turn BRIGHT red when they work out -- particularly cardio?? Mine has always done this, for my entire life, and it stays red for hours after my workout is done. I've always been overweight, so I will be curious to see if it gets any better as I lose weight, but I'm also just wondering if it happens to anyone else, and if anyone has any idea how to make it go away a little faster?

:blushing:

Takes about 60 minutes for it to totally go away for me. The biggest problem is it scares people into thinking I'm going to keel over. Over 50 pounds lost, no change to the red face.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Yup. Red when I'm hot, cold, embarrassed, angry, happy, if something touches me for too long... I also bruise easily. Can we hear three cheers for pale German skin! Woo. :indifferent: :explode: :embarassed: :blushing: (see what I did there?)

love the smileys! i'm the same way. if i talk around people i barely know my face turns beet red. i could be talking about the weather and it happens. lol not german though.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have always had this issue... even when I was young. I remember being in 4th grade and being told that I could sit out of PE if I wanted too.... because of the red face.

The only thing that helps me is cool water. I use to fill my sink up with cool water, and dunk my face several times until the redness started to go down. Now I find that a cool shower helps a lot... along with washing my face and using a little bit of foundation to lessen the red that is left behind.
  • AllieW123
    AllieW123 Posts: 21
    Options
    Count me in. Fair skinned. Thought it might be due to high bp. Not the case, 100/72 which is ave for my age. I'd like to know of a good heart monitor while exercising just to make sure. Any suggestions are welcomed. Does subside after 40mins-60mins cool down. I was told by dr. Fair skin has blood vessels visible through skin with heat high body temp. Still, it is good to rule out any health issues.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I do. And my face turns red for all different reasons. Its a pain in the butt.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Could it be Rosacea? Is it shaped like a butterfly, if so, could it be lupus?
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Mine used to turn way more red when I first started really working out, it's not as bad now... instead my arms get mad asian glow!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Well I'm black so I can't really say I can relate
    Can you honestly say you've never seen a black person blush or have flushed skin? Are you the only black person you know?!
  • Violetolivia
    Options
    I get the same thing almost purple and rather painful. I have been to the doctor for Rosacea and check for Lupus. Lupus negative(2x)....no rosacea creams/medications had any effect. I also tend to break out in a rash after too many red hot face sessions. I realized one day that I turn red immediately after drinking a beer or eating a bagel. (Also exercising but this seemed more normal). I decided to cut out sugar and carbs since it happened after eating them and I read online that some people were having success with diet modification. It has really helped me. Don't think of it as a miracle. It is hard and annoying and it takes a lot of time to get to a more manageable situation. Now, I get red occasionally but it doesn't last as long and doesn't turn into a horrendous rash. If I get a couple bumps hydrocortisone cream can now handle it. I am even able to eat carbs and sugar on occasion without having an adverse reaction. I am still not sure what is going on...blood sugar, allergy, intolerance, dermatitis, etc. but, it is a lot better. Things I do when I am red hot....spray face with water mist and let evaporate in front of fan or air conditioner or cold window. Letting it evaporate seems to be the key. Reaction to heat, exercise, temp change, cosmetic products, and food has all improved. Don't know if this will be the case for many but even if it helps one person.
  • gngracie
    gngracie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm fair skinned and I live in FL, and the heat and humidity make it much worse. My face sometimes gets so hot and red that it's actually painful. On gym days I splash my face and neck with cold water after my cardio. On home or outside workout days I fill a sink with ice and water and dunk my face until it cools off.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    <-- Super pale, so yes every single time.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Even when I was 130lbs and worked out regularly, my face would get bright red and feel hot to the touch. It would fade about 15-20 minutes after my cooldown and would last as a light pink for up to an hour.

ETA: I am also very pale.