Disrespected at work.

Options
13»

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the sound advice.

I'm going to speak with her in private this morning-then taking myself to the administrator (closest thing to her boss-she was present when this happened) and to HR.

I'm fed up...but I'll be professional about it, which is more than I can say for her.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Ex-Lax brownies. Shots fired. Time to fire back.

bahahaha
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    That's something your manager should be taking care of, and if that doesn't work, go to HER manager.

This.
  • FitnessCharl
    FitnessCharl Posts: 166
    Options
    If you give people enough rope....

Mainly I keep quiet and let it all catch up with these people, because it eventually does.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Talking with her and the admin. didn't really go over well.

Basically the decision was that she needs to be more careful about other people being sensitive...

It's frustrating because I work with a lot of people who are naturally loud and abrupt..that's one thing. This individual is condescending and rude...Oh well. Karma's a b*tch.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Talking with her and the admin. didn't really go over well.

Basically the decision was that she needs to be more careful about other people being sensitive...

It's frustrating because I work with a lot of people who are naturally loud and abrupt..that's one thing. This individual is condescending and rude...Oh well. Karma's a b*tch.

Still file a complaint with HR just to be sure it is in her file. Then, if she tries to retaliate in any way, you can CYA. Retaliation is a BIG NO-NO!! Use the term hostile work environment in your complaint!
  • trailtripper
    Options
    Go to HR. There is really no other choice in the workplace, and, unfortunately, if you take any other tact and she reports first, you will be on the defensive.

THIS! As you have stated, she, other managers and employees are aware of this.

Go to your HR and ask for immediate resolution. Also state that you believe you are in a 'Hostile Work Enivironment'. Use these exact words. They are key to an EEOC complaint.

By doing this, you are placing Management and HR on notice to reach a resolution and that her conduct will no longer be tolerated.

If they decide on any adverse action against you (as part of the resolutuion). You now have grounds for a reprisal complaint (which EEOC does not tolerate).

Unfortunate that this has happened to you. But, it is now up to you to let it continue or take some action that will be uncomfortable for a while.

Best of luck! Hoping all work well for you.