Have you found success with the Couch to 5k app?

Options
1235»

Replies

• barneychavez
    barneychavez Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for C25K, I would have never started running. It gave me the structure I needed to push myself physically, but also mentally. I had friends that would run marathons and I would seriously think about calling the mental asylum for them. C25K made me realize, the non-runner, the person that was never picked first in gym class, that I can run! And for a long time without stopping! I cannot emphasize how much this app helped me. Granted at the end I didn't make it to 3 miles in 30 minutes, but I was running! Good luck and don't feel like a failure if you have to redo weeks or sessions. Go slower, but don't stop. Anyone can go for another 10 seconds. Just keep on pushing!
  • kshaun04
    kshaun04 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have just started the app today Day 1 - Week 1
    I really struggled I have to admit and couldn't complete all 8 of the 60 second run sessions, but i walked briskly what I didn't run as i was just struggling too much.

Ive never run in my life, I did it in secret in an area thats dead to the world as im so heavy I honestly don't know how i managed it
    I need better trainers though sadly money's tight right now they will have to wait.

Today is a fast day also so I think ive done pretty dam good to achieve what I have on day 1
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have just started the app today Day 1 - Week 1
    I really struggled I have to admit and couldn't complete all 8 of the 60 second run sessions, but i walked briskly what I didn't run as i was just struggling too much.

Ive never run in my life, I did it in secret in an area thats dead to the world as im so heavy I honestly don't know how i managed it
    I need better trainers though sadly money's tight right now they will have to wait.

Today is a fast day also so I think ive done pretty dam good to achieve what I have on day 1

Great job on starting C25K!! I never ran before either, it is a great place to start. There are many weeks I had to repeat. So don't worry if you can't do it all right away. If I have a bad day and cant complete it like it says I just remind myself that I am out trying and not home sittiing on the couch. I cant remember what week I am on now but I jog 8 min walk 5, I think it only has me doing that twice but I do it 3 times to get 3 miles in. The next week is solid jog for 20 minutes and that scares me so I have been on the same week for at least 2 weeks. I have jogged a solid mile in about 16 minutes so I don't know why I am letting 20 min freak me out. I figured this week I will up it to 10 minutes instead of 8 and see how that goes. I jog very slow alot of people walk faster than I jog, but I dont care I can work on speed later. But just wanted to say great job and you can do it! Just take it slow!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!