I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Options

Replies

• Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Let me just give a little advice to those of you who are just here to be nasty. You saw what the topic was before you even opened it, why not just scroll past it? You are just in here to stir up trouble, and to what end?? I just don't understand...

To the OP. Good for you, I am glad you have found your source of strength!
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Leviticus Chapter 12.

Hope all you christian mothers took your lamb or two doves to the temple to be burnt so you could be purified from your sin of childbirth?

No, don't do that bit? Only "selective" words of the lord then eh?

That one's a no-go. Christ died for our sins so we don't have to give offerings anymore. ;)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Ya know, there's some topics with misleading titles. The title says one thing, so you click on it, but the subject is something completely different. They can be tricksy.

However, then there's topics like this one. You see the title. You KNOW you won't agree with the subject line. You know it is going to greatly differ with your beliefs. Yet you click on it anyways. Okay, fine. But then you feel the need to go out of your way and openly mock the OP for their beliefs. Gee, really? Is your life REALLY so dull and drab that you have to go out of your way to insult others' beliefs on the internet?

And no, I'm not talking about the trolls. I'm talking about the ones who are like, "NO, YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU'RE DUMB AND THERE IS NO GOD AND BLAH BLAH BLAH." Seriously? Newsflash: No one cares.

OP, while I necessarily don't agree with your beliefs or share them, I think it's great that your beliefs give you the motivation you need. Whatever works for you is A-OK with me. Keep on keepin' on.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I really wish people would read the rules before posting........
    True that...happy they are happy, but for f**ks sake create a group then you can all join it and rejoice together.

Agreed. BTW, LOVED Deus Ex HR! Didn't like the endings though.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Let me just give a little advice to those of you who are just here to be nasty. You saw what the topic was before you even opened it, why not just scroll past it? You are just in here to stir up trouble, and to what end?? I just don't understand...

^^^^^^ THIS! Don't like the topic?! Stay out!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Maybe people should adhere to the rules. Religion posts are NOT allowed. They're exclusionary and divisive.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    As an atheist, I'm guessing I don't belong here. LOL:devil:

Actually, this topic is against the MFP community guidelines... Quoting:

"15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate."

I don't think this post is relevant to only one religion...any religion that believes in a God seems to fit...If the topic bothered you, you should have read some other post instead.

OP: I am glad you have found something to help you on this path and it took a lot of courage to post that here. Best of luck to you!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Ya know, there's some topics with misleading titles. The titles says one thing, so you click on it, but the subject is something completely different. They can be tricksy.

However, then there's topics like this one. You see the title. You KNOW you won't agree with the subject line. You know it is going to greatly differ with your beliefs. Yet you click on it anyways. Okay, fine. But then you feel the need to go out of your way and openly mock the OP for their beliefs. Gee, really? Is your life REALLY so dull and drab that you have to go out of your way to insult others' beliefs on the internet?

And no, I'm not talking about the trolls. I'm talking about the ones who are like, "NO, YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU'RE DUMB AND THERE IS NO GOD AND BLAH BLAH BLAH." Seriously? Newsflash: No one cares.

OP, while I necessarily don't agree with your beliefs or share them, I think it's great that your beliefs give you the motivation you need. Whatever works for you is A-OK with me. Keep on keepin' on.

Thank you for this.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    GOD DOESN'T LIKE FRUIT
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Leviticus Chapter 12.

Hope all you christian mothers took your lamb or two doves to the temple to be burnt so you could be purified from your sin of childbirth?

That one's a no-go. Christ died for our sins so we don't have to give offerings anymore. ;)

But is childbirth still a sin?
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Leviticus Chapter 12.

SHH! Logic is *not allowed in here!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate."

I don't think this post is relevant to only one religion...any religion that believes in a God seems to fit...If the topic bothered you, you should have read some other post instead.

Christ makes this only a Christian topic.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has always been my enemy causing me to dislike myself and everything that I could possible conquer in life. This evil illness has caused me to not want to continue, to be the one who fakes a smile, and above all to not know how to love my husband and daughter. I've always heard if you can't love yourself, you can't love anyone else..so i didnt. (extremely selfish, i've come to realize)
    4 years ago I decided to give my life to someone who had been there all along although I never knew it. Someone who promised to love me with this unconditional love.. Who am I to deserve this from you, when I've given you nothing in return?
    Before Christ I was a victim of several incidents of sexual abuse, which molded me into not trusting any man AT ALL, which led me into living the life of lust and money by using men, and caused me to become depressed, suicidal and just plain hungry to experiance what true love from someone could feel like
    . Now I can say, I AM LOVED! I am free! I am redeemed because the blood shed by my Father has cleansed me! I am a new creation.
    now I know what love is and now i can show love and i've also learned that my body is my temple and in order to please my Father with my temple, I need to take care of it. This is where MFP comes in. With dedication, PRAYER and God on my side, I know nothing is impossible. I'm ready to see this spirit of obesity flee in the presence of a true daughter of Christ.
    I am a pretty busy woman ( wife,mother, employed, part time studen, FULL TIME PRINCESS OF GOD)...but the Bible tells me there is "time for everything: Ecclesiastes 3:1...... i vowe that with the guidance of God I can conquer and retake my health from the hand of the enemy!!!! This is me, I am a Princess of the King!!!

Wow! Truly inspirational...Give him the glory! AMEN!
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Leviticus Chapter 12.

But is childbirth still a sin?

That hasn't changed! Basically, all that's changed is no more offerings. Jesus was the "sacrificial lamb" to end all sacrificing! Ta-da!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Christ makes this only a Christian topic.

Yeah, I think my head just exploded over that one.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Ya know, there's some topics with misleading titles. The title says one thing, so you click on it, but the subject is something completely different. They can be tricksy.

Well I was going to comment on this post... but Lea already beat me to it and said it better than I could.
  • Underworld_Dandy
    Underworld_Dandy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Leviticus Chapter 12.

SHH! Logic is *not allowed in here!

Did he also die so you can cut your hair and have tattoos?

Leviticus 19.28 ad 29 (Leviticus is a fantastic treasure trove of insanity otherwise known as bits christians choose to ignore)
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Maybe people should adhere to the rules. Religion posts are NOT allowed. They're exclusionary and divisive.

I don't understand how this is exclusionary. She was expressing what strengthened her. Maybe instead of attacking, you could just say "glad your God strenghtens you, but here is where my strenght comes from..." You are the one making it exclusionary, not the OP.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    God is so good, He brings cancer, death, *kitten* and all pestilence down on our sinning selves and causes innocent babies and children to DIE because he loves us and we debase ourselves before Him, the Great, the Merciful, the Loving God. He cares deeply about every one of us and helps us through our hour of pain................................yeah right..

As the man who was sick of the palsy said "Christ, I'm sick of the palsy!". And you can't see it any other way my brethren and cistern, the Lord knew he was f*ckin sick of the palsy and did something about it. Wish he'd do something about my f*ckin palsy but that's another subject.

I think I may go and puke this thread out of my *kitten*. OP you believe what you want, but don't force it down my throat you sanctimonious *&*^$£), this is a weight loss forum not a religious one. Nuff said.

Really? How bout you put your head out of your *kitten* while your at it. Its great you have your own beliefs but keep them to yourself... kthnxbai.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    FULL TIME PRINCESS OF GOD

:heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!