Day after STEAK

Options
Moya6512
Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
I ate a 16 oz Tbone steak lastnight with broccoli, (I know I should have ate 5 oz)... I figured one bad meal with little carbs/sugar wouldnt ruin anything. This morning my tummy is poking out a lot and I feel heavier! How do I correct this?? Fast for 2 days...

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Just eat like you normally do. This too shall pass.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating normally. I'm guessing the stomach poking out is just a food baby (probably bloating as well). (: Don't punish your body for one slip up - it will like you much better if you slip back to normal rather than whipping it in the other direction with a fast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Fast for 2 days...

i would say at least 5-6 days.... i mean you ate protein and veg.... TERRIBLE!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    The thought of eating a 16 oz steak alone makes me nauseous. beef really upsets my stomach though.

Just go back to eating normally, one bad day isnt going to kill you.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I ate a 16 oz Tbone steak lastnight with broccoli, (I know I should have ate 5 oz)... I figured one bad meal with little carbs/sugar wouldnt ruin anything. This morning my tummy is poking out a lot and I feel heavier! How do I correct this?? Fast for 2 days...

Fast for 2 days certainly seems like a logical and rational thing to do
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Lean steak and cruciferous vegetable overdose. Call 000.

Sorry to be so flippant, but what is wrong with what you ate?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    You should run and run and run for 26miles. Go and find a cow and then eat it.
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs. I get the point :) I'm just a google-holic and folk on there said it will be in my system for a week and I should detox it out. Hahaa.
  • AprilLove125
    Options
    It's meat and vegetables. Probably the most natural thing your body can take in. Drink plenty of water and eat normally. Your body will freak out only as much as you let it, so don't panic. :-)
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Go to the bathroom.

You'll be fine. Steak and broccoli are magnificent.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Probably just uncomfortable from eating so much. :) Drink more water today and just go about your normal eating routine today.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

LOL!

GET IT?!?!

Hahahahahaaaaa clever girl!
  • weesinglane
    weesinglane Posts: 44
    Options

LOL!

GET IT?!?!

Hahahahahaaaaa clever girl!

lol
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I try not to get hung up on the concept of a "day" - take a look at your calories and macros on a 3 or 4 day moving average - so long as that average is ok, you're ok.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options

Ballerina tea?

Ok, no, don't do ballerina tea.

That sounds like an awesome meal. I'd throw some garlic mashed in there myself. :-)

Pretty sure you'll be fine.
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    The only thing to do is eat a pound of bacon to offset all that beef. :smile:

Relax. I gained 9 pounds in less than two days. By the end of the week I was back down to normal.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

QFT

Did you make the steak yourself? How much sodium was in that steak? I doubt it was the beef thats causing this. But people ask similar questions daily and the best answer is always is what JenandSome says.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Correct it? I'd be having it again tonight! Yum!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs. I get the point :) I'm just a google-holic and folk on there said it will be in my system for a week and I should detox it out. Hahaa.

That would be worrisome indeed if it were true. If you are of an experimental bent, next time throw in some beets into that steak meal. You'll know exactly when that meal comes out the other end. Unless there is something seriously wrong with you, 24 hours is the maximum transit time for a meal like that.

Have a nice strong cup of black coffee, and I promise you that steak will be out of your system in no time.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

:D:D:D love it!