Discouraging Coworkers

Options
124»

Replies

• gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like to put people who are out of line on the defensive by confronting them with questions. ...

Yes! That is a great way to stop it. So often I go in the defensive and want to make a statement defending my actions, food, etc. The question method is something i will try and this would work in so many other situations too.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Haters. People always want to hate when people try to improve. People love train wrecks, they love failure.

I have same issue. They make fun of me everyday with their comments. I just call them haters and luckily I can tell them to go "F" themselves at this job.

It's funny though... they used to laugh at me when I was the fat guy, but now I'm "scrawny, and need to buy smaller clothes."

You can never win with people, so win for yourself.

Absolutely. I think I got whiplash from nodding in agreement.
  • Tigger228
    Tigger228 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just an update on this post. Things have gotten a lot better with my coworkers without me having to say anything. I guess things work out that way sometimes. One of them went to the doctor's over the weekend and had a wake up call about his weight and has started eating healthy and cutting back on sodas. The other one told me that she wants to get tone more and is going to start doing squats. They both ask me for advice and encouragement and one of them has been bringing me in a banana a day :)

Thanks again for all of the advice and encouragement!
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just an update on this post. Things have gotten a lot better with my coworkers without me having to say anything. I guess things work out that way sometimes. One of them went to the doctor's over the weekend and had a wake up call about his weight and has started eating healthy and cutting back on sodas. The other one told me that she wants to get tone more and is going to start doing squats. They both ask me for advice and encouragement and one of them has been bringing me in a banana a day :)

Thanks again for all of the advice and encouragement!

That's great to hear! It must feel good to be able to have lunch with out the drama.:happy:
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I will qualify by saying did not read everyones posts!
    First place they are jealous and it makes them have to confront how they are eating or other excesses in their lives...
    You might remind them it is the workplace ,it is harassement,and they are creating a HOSTILE work environment ...and people do get sued for it and WIN!
    Options
    I will qualify by saying did not read everyones posts!
    First place they are jealous and it makes them have to confront how they are eating or other excesses in their lives...
    You might remind them it is the workplace ,it is harassement,and they are creating a HOSTILE work environment ...and people do get sued for it and WIN!

This was the update from this thread: "Hey everyone! Just an update on this post. Things have gotten a lot better with my coworkers without me having to say anything. I guess things work out that way sometimes. One of them went to the doctor's over the weekend and had a wake up call about his weight and has started eating healthy and cutting back on sodas. The other one told me that she wants to get tone more and is going to start doing squats. They both ask me for advice and encouragement and one of them has been bringing me in a banana a day :)

Thanks again for all of the advice and encouragement! "
    Looks like the problem worked itself out.
  • beasilvac
    beasilvac Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a set of "answers" to this kind of comments wich always work. The trick is to say it casually and ideally smiling. They will look at ou with hatred and then leave you alone.

"yeah, u r so lucky guys, I wish I could let myself go like you do, but I guess that wisdom comes with age"

"well u know, u have to choose in life, and since I lost all that weight, my boyfriend an I have sex all the time, so between sex and food, I choose sex... I guess you husband doessn't mind, u r so lucky!! ( this one works wonders, u make them unaconfrotable and show them u mean business at the same time)

I agree french fries are delicious! It's just that I'm so vain and I love the way my clothes fit know and so does my boyfriend

You get the idea right? Never mention ethics or the word "healthy" to these people, it doesnt work. But sex, telling them how good u lokk, and they don't, inmediatley does the trick