Facial SPF that doesn't cause blemishes?

Options
BinaryPulsar
BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
What do you recommend for a great and effective sunscreen for oily skin (for the face) that will not cause blemishes? It's ok if it's expensive.

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I have very light skin also. I have clear skin, but it's oily and spf usually causes a blemish (on my chin). I can barely use moisturizer. But, spf is important!! :smile:
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    http://foodbabe.com/2013/05/05/what-you-need-to-know-before-you-ever-buy-sunscreen-again/

Vani aka Food Babe discusses what ingredients in sunscreen are probably causing you to break out and suggestions for a natural product.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend likes the Olay SFP 15 Sensitive Skin Face Lotion. Not sure if you were looking for something for daily use or a more powerful one for a day out.

http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/complete/gentle-face-moisturizer?pid=075609000980
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I would look for brands that are labeled noncomedogenic and oil free.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I like Biore moisturizers, they tend to have spf in them if you don't need it stronger than 15.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    All recommendations are helpful. SPF 15 is better than not using any, so if that works and I use it then it's good.
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Algenist or DDF? These are two of my favorite products right now:

Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer with SPF 20
    DDF Advanced Moisture Defense Cream with SPF 15

If you are near a Sephora they should be able to give you a sample of either one if you ask.

I have very pale skin, combination oily/dry. There are very few moisturizers that don't drive my chin or nose crazy.

Good luck!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Thanks! Those sound great! I love Sephora and forgot I can get samples there.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Eucerin for the face. 8.99 at Walgreen's. 30 SPF, I believe. It's the only thing that doesn't make my skin get cranky.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Neutrogen Clear Face, break-out free sunscreen. I have oily skin and this works well for me. Available almost anywhere sunscreen is sold (at least in the U.S.A). Price is reasonalble.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Lots of great options so far. Thanks!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Oil of Olay makes a great one - Oil of Olay Complete All Day UV Moisture (SPF 15) Sensitive. I use it every day and normally have pretty oily skin, this doesn't make it worse at all and has never caused me to break out. I don't know if they have a higher SPF though. It costs about 10$ a bottle. :P
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've bought a ton of expensive skin products, but what I am really liking now is the Olay Regenerist SPF 50. I did a lot of research and decided to try it. It's amazingly light for SPF 50, and works like a light moisturizer. I haven't broken out from it. I'm very, very fair, pretty sensitive, and more oily than not, if that helps.
    The other thing that I found really protects against sun damage (even from burning to an extent) is a good C serum, and I use the Obagi 20%. Now THAT is not cheap, but worth it IMHO.
  • ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options
    My dermatologist recommended the broad spectrum SPF by Oil of Olay.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I also would recommend Olay. I love the Complete All Day Moisturizer, it has a SPF of 15 and you can get t for Oil, Dry or Normal skin.

Don't forget your neck! :)
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch 55 - It's good.
    However, my anestitiian now has me hooked on this stuff - Dermalogica brand, oil free SPF 30. It does a great job and doesnt make me break out. I am pretty sure you'll need to get it a a salon, but worth the effort and price.
    p.s. I have oily skin also
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena has a great sunscreen specifically for the face. Non-oily. I highly recommend it. Their Helioplex technology is really, really good.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I use Aveeno Positively Radiant and really like it. It's only a 15, but it's the best I've found so far.
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I use obagi. WONDERFUL but expensive and efficient.

Nu-Derm Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50
    http://www.obagi.com/patients/product-line/nu-derm
  • aznsdgrl
    aznsdgrl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have very fair, sensitive skin, dark hair and blue eyes. No sun screen = boiled lobster. I have found Aveeno to be a great sunscreen. I usually put on 30 or 50 SPF to go running and 15 for the rest of the day.