Eating pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream while losing weight

Options
magerum
magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
Doable & delicious. That's, part of, what I had for dinner last night. I was completely within my caloric goals for 1+ lbs a week of loss. Also hit my macro and micro needs, quite well.

It can be done. Don't let people demonize food you love and enjoy. You can work them all in both calorically and nutritionally. For the record, I don't eat pizza every day. Rarely, to be honest. I do however eat ice cream (a pint) and pop tarts daily. Every. Single. Day.

It's been awhile since I've posted something like this, but when the food shaming and demonizing threads creep up to certain levels (like recently) I do find it helpful to point out the other side of the story.

Carry on and have a good weekend!

/endPSA

20100606poptarticecream1-thumb-500x375-93385.jpg

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this posted already? In any event, carry on :drinker:

Edit-oh, I didnt see the "its been a while...'part, sorry. Now I understand why you're posting it again.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL DA FOODZZ!!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Eat foods you love..... just do so while fitting them into your macro goals for the day.

Done.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    DAMN YOU AND YOUR POPTARTS. The red #40 gives me migraines and I can't take any medication for them for like another 6 months. Oh I am going to eat so many poptarts when I have my pills back
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    since there's no known causes of diabetes, besides weight being a contributing factor, I'd say that comment was irrelevant.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    are you still trying to lose weight? you have alot of calorie intake and your pottasium and sugar is pretty high. are you just trying to maintain?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Doable & delicious. That's, part of, what I had for dinner last night. I was completely within my caloric goals for 1+ lbs a week of loss. Also hit my macro and micro needs, quite well.

It can be done. Don't let people demonize food you love and enjoy. You can work them all in both calorically and nutritionally. For the record, I don't eat pizza every day. Rarely, to be honest. I do however eat ice cream (a pint) and pop tarts daily. Every. Single. Day.

It's been awhile since I've posted something like this, but when the food shaming and demonizing threads creep up to certain levels (like recently) I do find it helpful to point out the other side of the story.

Carry on and have a good weekend!

/endPSA

Agreed, just make sure you hit the bolded part
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I finished 2 talenti gelatos my first month and still lost 9 pounds.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    good for you! im glad someone is still eating what they like and not eating like a starved dog
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i eat a pop tart every other day. today I ate a bowl of cocoa puffs

IIFYM ftw

I did also eat a 10oz chicken breast today.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I cant do moderation but that's just me personally I just have no will power so it cant be in the house lol
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with having treats. Or really eating whatever I want as long as I stay within my calories and my macros and still get good, sensible nutrition.

I frequently have one poptart as my eveing snack. Or a single serve cup of Edy's slow churned ice cream. Every couple of weeks, hubby wants a pizza for dinner, no problem. Even a Five Guys little burger and fries once a month. Granted, I make sure I get a good run in if we are having Five Guys for lunch / dinner.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I have a Snickers almost every day... sometimes twice. And I have never felt or looked better.

Food shaming is so 2008.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Some people just want to lose weight.

Some people want to actually be healthy.

Enjoy your crappy processed foods.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Yes if it fits your diet you can do it but sugar makes you crave sugar so you are really only making it harder on yourself. If you keep tossing pizza and icecream at your taste buds how do you ever expect the healthy food to compete? Use it like it is meant to be used - as a treat.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with having treats. Or really eating whatever I want as long as I stay within my calories and my macros and still get good, sensible nutrition.

I frequently have one poptart as my eveing snack. Or a single serve cup of Edy's slow churned ice cream. Every couple of weeks, hubby wants a pizza for dinner, no problem. Even a Five Guys little burger and fries once a month. Granted, I make sure I get a good run in if we are having Five Guys for lunch / dinner.

:) Any excuse to get a good run scheduled!! I love iifym and not feeling deprived!
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Pointless thread is pointless thread. Different strokes for different folks. Some people have to cut out all 'junk' food when they are changing their diet. For some people the only approach is to cut it out. It's similar to stopping drinking/drugs. Some people just have to stay away from what made them fat. They cannot do it in moderation.

What suits one person with their weight loss methods may not suit Joe Bloggs next door. Doesn't mean either is right/wrong. They just do it differently.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Some people just want to lose weight.

Some people want to actually be healthy.

Enjoy your crappy processed foods.

Enjoy limiting yourself when you don't need to to be healthy.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I cant do moderation but that's just me personally I just have no will power so it cant be in the house lol

So much of this! My husband loves snacks and always wants something like cake or cookie :grumble: I knoW I'll eat more then I should so I just dont eat them.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have no problems with any of the above either. Although I haven't had any pop tarts recently just because I haven't felt like buying them. :) Did have pizza and ice cream though! I go over in my cals a couple times a week too but I'm still losing 2/week when all is leveled out. :D