1 Year Anniversary- at goal - 80lbs gone! *Pics*

Options
buzzcockgirl
buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
My first post with pics of MYSELF! First- thank you to everyone here who has been so supportive- you've been a HUGE part in helping me stay on track! I'm an MFP'r for life!!

I started my journey exactly one year ago today, May 10, 2012 – with a whopping 75-80lbs to lose. I’m happy to say, that with a complete change of my diet, and watching portion control, as well as exercise and MFP for tracking… I reached my goal of 80lbs lost just last week. Of course now that I’m here, I’d like to lose another 10… but I’m very proud of the 80 I lost (never to find again!) in that year. And to celebrate my milestone, I am running my first 5K bright and early tomorrow morning. It’s a Mother’s Day run – the perfect way to celebrate this victory!
Here are some pics of my journey… and if I can do it- anyone can! For real!!!

Xmas time 2011 - at my heaviest (240lbs!) still hadn't decided to do anything yet!
4ke4vc.jpg

Just a week or two into my new LIFESTYLE!
73hx0h.jpg

About 3.5 months in-- swimming was a HUGE help to me! Training for an event in the fall.
ztd5bn.jpg

I did it! After swimming all summer, I completed a mile (in 45 mins) and raised over $1500 for women with cancer (lost my own mom to breast cancer 10 years ago).
9sfbpi.jpg

Xmas 2012 - 1 year later and down 70lbs! I can't believe the difference between the top photo and this one!
2zpr48i.jpg

Me and my AWESOME husband (biggest supporter ever!) - just a few weeks ago! GOAL!!!
23jg13k.jpg

If I can do it- so can you. Married, working mom of 2 small children, who finally decided to eat right, get off my *kitten*, and start livin'!! It's hard work, and takes time and dedication- but it can be done!! Thanks to all my awesome friends on here!

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    love it! congrats!!!!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    amazing! lots of hard work and commitment. enjoy your new self! bravo!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhhh
  • J_Dragonfly
    J_Dragonfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what you accomplished in 1 year! Great job!
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Good work!!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off, enjoy!
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What an amazing job you did! You look marvelous! Congrats! Enjoy your 5k and Happy Mother's Day!
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing :) Such an inspiration!! :flowerforyou:
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Such a motivation! I'm a soon-to-be mom of two who works also :O). Great job! P.S. you have such clear skin!
  • apple_cinnam0n
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats to you!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
    Congrats to you!!

amazingc.gif
  • jeanine182
    jeanine182 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Finally got off your *kitten* and started living! LOL I love that. It really is the truth. We got fat cause we were lazy! You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! Great job!! :drinker:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look amazeballs! Congratulations on your success!
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great work! I also really like the retro-style polka dot bathing suit =)
  • slimrubybird
    slimrubybird Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look super cute and YEARS younger!! Any surprised family members at Christmas time who hadn't seen you in a while?! Really amazing transformation...good for you!
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you look great. great job..congrats
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look amazing! Very inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!