I will date anyone. Is there something wrong with that?

Options
AIZZO4
AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
I was thinking about a party I attended about a week ago. As some of my fellow single friends may know, people seem to want to “hook you up” with one of their friends because they feel like I can’t do it on my own. That night was no different. One of my friends asked me, “What type of girl do you like?” My response was, “I like all types.” Well you would have thought I said the most confusing thing in the world. “Well that doesn't help” said one friend. I replied, “I will date anyone.” So of course they threw out scenarios such as what if the girl has kids, is divorced, and so on. My response to all scenarios was yes, I would date them.

Of course, I have my perfect type. But that does not mean I won’t date someone because they do not fit. I will date all ages (legal of course), weight, height, race, or whatever. I love how different people are.

So I ask my fellow MFPals, Is there something wrong with me? Do you “limit” who you date by age, race, weight, etc.? Does anyone have similar views? Why or why not?

As usual I am just curious to hear lots of different opinions. I don’t judge.

Replies

• JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I wouldn't limit my date choices by race, height, weight, etc.....but I do have to have an immediate spark with someone or I won't have any interest. Typically someone has to make me laugh quickly or I find them boring. I know some people are shy and don't know how to "entertain" me quickly, but most likely they won't catch my eye otherwise. It is what it is. :happy:
  • AmandaJCole13
    Options
    I think that those who limit themselves to certain specifications are really missing out.
    There's nothing wrong with seeing the beauty in all kinds of people.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If I were single I don't think I would discriminate by weight, height, race etc. I would have to be able to carry on a good conversation with them, I would kinda want them to have teeth lol, and I would need to see that they were genuine and kind. Other than that, welcome to the beautiful world of diversity that we have! I say go for it!
  • debbylee_maxine
    debbylee_maxine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of the same way. Only I don't date boring people. XD
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different. There are some things I'm just not attracted to, and I'm sorry but relationships without attraction are boring.

Also, there are some things, personality-wise, that drive me bonkers... if you do those things I hate, I will not date you.

So ya. I won't date anybody, but it's cool that you would!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My husband is eight years older than me, so I don't judge by age. I judge by if I like you when I talk to you. If I don't "click" with you, it's not going to work. But why discriminate on other silly measures like that?
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think you are refreshingly open. Its just a date, after all, so once you have a chance to chat with the person you will know if they are fun to be with, have shared interests and values etc. Kudos to you for not limiting your chances to meet great people.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    i'm like you.....i try very hard not to pre-judge people.....but then again i am honest enough with myself to realize that my own way i was raised, the country i live in, the cultural and societal mores and values etc etc that i have, have influenced me through my life so that i tend to gravitate more towards certain people than others......but having said that, i would also date a variety of people because people for the most part are very interesting.....i enjoy getting to know other people's opinions and thoughts on different things and it's nice to have intelligent conversation on any type of topic....more often than not, i am pleasantly surprised.....i try to get along with everybody unless they give me a reason not to....:)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Great tactic for finding a date in the forums. Well done.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I will give anyone the chance but again I have my preferences.
  • ajarosla
    ajarosla Posts: 1
    Options
    I know im going to be beaten up fot that one. But i i want to be honest. I i absolutely discriminate , i have certain believes and according to what i think about a certain type of people, i won't date them. Am i misinf out, on someone great probablt.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great tactic for finding a date in the forums. Well done.

^^Agreed! Not very classy either.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I usually answer people trying to hook me up with "just get me somebody with a pulse and a hole". They usually start walking away at that point...
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I definitely discriminate by age. This goes from experience though, and will stop as I get older. i'm only 25 and I have never met a man under the age of 27 or 28 that wasn't far too immature for me. I've felt that way since I was 14. I've never looked at anyone around my age and said "Yeah, I'd be able to date him". As I've gotten older though, the age gap that I find acceptable is getting smaller and I imagine it will eventually disappear.

But height, race, and weight don't determine who I like.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Smart and funny are two top requirements for me.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with being open minded. With that said, I do have to find somebody physically and intellectually attractive to date them. Going on a date and dating are two different things IMO.
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I'm married so I don't date. Lol

If I was on the dating scene, i would not discriminate b/c of race or weight. The age thing... Yeah possibly. I'm 41 & prob wouldn't date under the age of 35 & maxing out @ 50.
    There would have to be some chemistry. Sense of humor & some smarts.
    I wouldn't be interested in dating someone with a lot of baggage. Sorry if this sounds terrible. Who wants to get involved in a relationship if someone has a crazy jealous ex. Not me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyone does! I don't even know you people! :flowerforyou:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My husband won't let me date. He's funny like that.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    My only limitation is my wife...she won't let me have a girlfriend.