I will date anyone. Is there something wrong with that?

Options

Replies

• chanice11
    chanice11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did limit my "type" in my first marriage (at 19), but my second husband is the opposite of what I thought I wanted, and I am happier now that I have ever been. I was really an idiot as the dark thin (but muscular), and tattooed man is what really does it for me in the end... I will love that man 'til the end. :blushing: :flowerforyou: he is also the only man on Earth that I had my 2 children with...

My advice...... Screw what you think is "right", GO WITH YOUR HEART!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I usually answer people trying to hook me up with "just get me somebody with a pulse and a hole". They usually start walking away at that point...

well, you know what they say, you cant have everything.
  • nikilis
    Options
    I think you have to be a little selective. "dating anyone" does a disservice to you and your worth. I'm sure you have values that you want your partner to have that reflect yours.

I don't think so. Of course I have my limits but I am open to anyone

so you wouldn't date anyone then. there goes the premise.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Blink-182.gif

hahaha!!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any limits or expectations other than there must be some kind of spark, but really, there is no telling where that spark may come from, so there is no harm in trying.

Sadly, I don't appear to be anyone's type, so I never even get a chance to try out my own theory....lol *sigh*

I highly doubt that.

LoL, it's the truth. I haven't been asked on a real date in well over 3 years...I'm starting to think losing all this weight has actually hurt any small chance I did have...LMAO

But, hey, I have a pulse. How y'all doin'?

Need to evaluate you further.
  • nikilis
    Options
    I think that a lot of you might be kidding yourself a bit. deep down you know you have a type, relating to age, weight to a degree, height, physical appearance and possibly religion and race.

personally I think its about chemistry and mutual understanding, attraction on both mental and physical levels. this usually means they have a sense of humour, are a bit creative but most important:

not emotionally unstable girls who hit you with their handbag whist crying and shouting "you talk to your friends when you are with me, but wont pick up when you are with your friends" followed by "do you like your friends more than me? its either them or me" - this was around the 3rd date mark.

so yeh, I'm honest and specific. I like bilingual girls, and especially girls that speak cantonese.
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Age and health is important to me. I lead a healthy lifestyle and I just don't think someone who ate crap all of the time and wanted to sit around all day would be at all compatible with me. This doesn't mean I have to date someone in great shape or a perfect body, just someone who wants to get out and LIVE and doesn't mind eating healthy 80% of the time.

I couldn't date someone too much older than me or younger than me either. I just don't think I could have much in common with someone +/- ten years older or younger. I want to grow with someone and share experiences with them. I also don't date casually, but I am always looking for a life partner. I wouldn't want to outlive them by many years. I want to build a home and a life with someone.

As far as them being divorced/having kids, it would be subjective for me. Why'd they divorce? How do they parent? Are they good parents and do we agree on how to raise children together?

As far as race and even gender is concerned, I don't discriminate.

I am married so I guess it doesn't matter much now :D
  • nikilis
    Options
    Age and health is important to me. I lead a healthy lifestyle and I just don't think someone who ate crap all of the time and wanted to sit around all day would be at all compatible with me. This doesn't mean I have to date someone in great shape or a perfect body, just someone who wants to get out and LIVE and doesn't mind eating healthy 80% of the time.

I couldn't date someone too much older than me or younger than me either. I just don't think I could have much in common with someone +/- ten years older or younger. I want to grow with someone and share experiences with them. I also don't date casually, but I am always looking for a life partner. I wouldn't want to outlive them by many years. I want to build a home and a life with someone.

As far as them being divorced/having kids, it would be subjective for me. Why'd they divorce? How do they parent? Are they good parents and do we agree on how to raise children together?

As far as race and even gender is concerned, I don't discriminate.

I am married so I guess it doesn't matter much now :D

damn... all the good ones are taken.

tumblr_mlcv0xIBCm1rjlst5o2_500.gif
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    damn... all the good ones are taken.

tumblr_mlcv0xIBCm1rjlst5o2_500.gif

:blushing: :wink:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Main thing would be to have some common interests and be able to stand me.
    I'm a drama queen, i never shut up, and all I talk about is getting healthy.
    and i'm clingy.

If he's actually into that train wreck, then there are some body types I'm into more than others, but he
    must have a brain and have conversations with me like I have one too.
  • nikilis
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    I will just advise: Don't date a psychotic person. You'll end up crazy too.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, your profile pic and ticker made me giggle too much to answer.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    How desperate
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Every time I have said Iwon't date someone who X, someone who was X would come along and prove me wrong. So I no longer say that, though nasty mothers are a pretty major warning flag. And jealousy is a no-no.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    When I was dating, I was pretty much the same exact way....my only thing was that our personalities had to fit well, but It didn't matter to me about weight, race, height, kids , divorce, whatever ....I was just looking for someone who I could happy being around so outward appearance wasn't a big deal at all. I didn't want to limit myself by setting up a perfect type in my head ....I think I made the right choice, I met lots of people from different backgrounds , and learned a lot about life ...
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    ive been with all typez an tried diff races. idc as long as she haz something interesting about her. but i do like boobz :D but i dont lyke it when they r too big.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    How desperate

Desperate? How negative.
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    I think you have to be a little selective. "dating anyone" does a disservice to you and your worth. I'm sure you have values that you want your partner to have that reflect yours.

I don't think so. Of course I have my limits but I am open to anyone

so you wouldn't date anyone then. there goes the premise.

No, I will date anyone. I am saying I have my limits on how much I could put up with while dating. Premise coming back.
  • AIZZO4
    Options
    It really befuddles me when you make an honest genuine post and some people feel the need to be negative. Why so serious?