BEER!!! What's your favorite LIGHT beer?? (21+ only)

Options

Replies

• PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Bud light lime ice cold is so good
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Love Miller Lite...96 calories. Also, MGD...Miller Genuine Draft, 64 calories.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    The drinking age isn't 21 everywhere.

This.

It's 18 here.

Over here in the UK, it's FIVE if you're drinking at home! Outside it's usually 18.

We have a huge binge drinking problem :(. But I don't know if that has anything to do with the legal drinking age.

Anyway, I find that beer, unlike food, doesn't have the calories on the bottle/can, which is frustrating if you're trying to choose between two. Usually the only low/no alcohol beers on offer in pubs are Kaliber (71 calories) or Beck's Blue (52 calories), which are OK, but it would be nice to have more variety. I wish that all drinking establishments served low alcohol beer! I hate having to drink soft drinks.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm on a medication and haven't been able to drink in over a year, but when I was able to drink, Yuengling Lager Light was the only light beer I could stand. It's 99 calories, and it tastes pretty similar to their regular lager. Make sure you don't get Yuengling Light--it's the light version of their Yuengling Premium, and both the regular and light versions of that are nasty!

While not light per se, pilsners and what beers are usually a safe bet when you're looking for lower calorie beers. I just looked the Troeg's Sunshine Pilsner and Dreamweaver Wheat, and they're both 140ish and *much* better than most light beers in terms of flavor.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

I know what you mean, but the alternative is usually sweet drinks, which I don't like.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Guilty pleasure: Bud Light Lime.
    At home: homemade pilsner at about 4.5% - IMO, better than the stuff I can buy (biased to my husband's handywork - they ain't no ugly babies in this house)

If you are going for the NAs, experience suggests either super cheep (NA Pabst has that funky Pabst flavor) or high end. In between do not taste like much.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options

QFT

I was basically raised on real ale and lager (Northern dad and five doors away from one of the best real ale pubs in the country) so drinking 'light' beer is practically a sin in this household - F*sters is a swear word here! I'd rather drink a good beer and risk going over than dirty my mouth with a light beer - not that they seem that common in the UK, or is that just me? Although Guinness is reasonably low in calories, and delicious (Irish mum - it's in my blood!)
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Split a good beer with someone.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yuengling Light. It's either 100 or 120 calories I can't remember. I'm biased, because Yuengling is my favorite heavy beer. But they taste exactly the same.

Amen and Yuengling Light is 99 calories but Yuengling Lager is only 126 calories and SOOOOOO worth it.

I third the Yuengling Light! :drinker: Especially if you aren't a fan of the Miller/Bud/Coors Light watery beers.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    All beer tastes like piss. I'll stick to liquor on the rare occasion that I drink.
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra or Bud Light Lime.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Amstel Light
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Rolling Rock Green Lite.

This.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I had some miller light the other night and it was like drinking water. 97 calories.

I'll stick to my Oskar Blues or Flying Fish. 175-190 calories, but they taste awesome.
  • BettyEtte
    BettyEtte Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bud 55. You get used to the taste...eventually. :ohwell:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Corona light in a red party cup filled with ice and lime slices...
  • spatt786
    spatt786 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You just made me head to the fridge. It's only 9:30 in the morning. Sigh.....
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    All beer tastes like piss. I'll stick to liquor on the rare occasion that I drink.

candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...

I think you're drinking out of the wrong cup.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking legally since I was 19.

I will admit at 19 I didn't know what good beer was. I chose to drink Canadian *shudder*

Now I crave a good craft IPA or lager. :drinker:

I had some "light" beer on the weekend it wasn't worth the calories. I would have much rather have had a higher calorie tasty beer.