BEER!!! What's your favorite LIGHT beer?? (21+ only)

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I do not drink piss beer.

Guiness is actually a great choice- and very low calorie wise compared to many other choices.

Yuengling
    Bierr Morata (spelling)- had some the other night- so delicious
    red stripe
    negro modello
    I like sam adam's
    Heavy Sea's makes some great ales.

ale- and lager

pretty much that- i'm not giving up flavor for calories.
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    People complaining that there are no good "light" beers have never had a good saison or berliner weisse.......
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    saison- it's okay- too hoppy for me personally.

who makes that one I tried crap- oh-got it StarrHill. I like their Lager- but I tried their saison- not for me. I gave it to my then roommie- he's a big hops guy.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Im a total beer snob myself..(yep just look at my profile pic!!) I must have flavor in my beer. so, I stick to german wheat beers that dont have high ABV. Something like a german hefeweizen or a Gose. Which, probably arnt too easy to find in normal bars. Or even a kolsch. And they are super tasty on warm nights!!
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Light beer....
    tumblr_mmmrqcZTCg1sq79wuo1_250.gif

That's precious. :tongue:

lol LOVE this!

Haha. This. But if your going for calories Bud Select is a regular beer with 99 calories & only 3.5 carbs. Bud Select Light is water! ;)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

who makes that one I tried crap- oh-got it StarrHill. I like their Lager- but I tried their saison- not for me. I gave it to my then roommie- he's a big hops guy.

Saisons are hoppy?
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Saisons shouldn't be too hoppy. Sure, they have hop presence but most saisons are defined by their yeast & farmhouse qualities, often times using free roaming bacteria and/or barrel aging processes.

Looks like you're in NJ - I recommend trying something from Jolly Pumpkin if you can find it. Bam Biere & Calabaza Blanca are two great, light, year rounders.

Saisons are typically really dry with a low finishing gravity, meaning most of the residual sugar is converted to alcohol (& CO2). This creates a lower carb beer in the end.

For example, Bam Biere is ~4.5% ABV. A 12 oz serving has roughly 120 calories & about 8g carbs. However it's miles different than drab, adjunct driven lagers like Bud Light, Coors Light, etc.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Light beer....
    tumblr_mmmrqcZTCg1sq79wuo1_250.gif

That's precious. :tongue:

lol LOVE this!

Haha. This. But if your going for calories Bud Select is a regular beer with 99 calories & only 3.5 carbs. Bud Select Light is water! ;)

I like Bud Select. I liked it more when I found out it was only 99 calories. I had no idea there was a light version, but I think I'll keep away from that.
  • fastracker
    fastracker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I stick with the Bud Light. Had about a dozen yesterday. Jumped on here and medifast today. Not gonna touch another for about 8 weeks. One fine mess I'm in.
  • ccm1912
    ccm1912 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer snob, so I drink all craft beer... and there's no such thing as a "light" craft! But, I also drink crafts because I enjoy the taste, not because im trying to down them for a buzz, and a lot of them are "sippers." So even if its 200 calories or so, I'm only generally drinking the one.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Sorry, real ale and stout here, just a little less, and less often.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Guinness (4.1%), Boddington (4.8) & Tetley (3.8%)... All Irish or British style beers, and they actually taste good.
    Agreed, many British style beers under or around 5% are very flavorful. Apart from that, Weisenstephaner Hefewiesse is an outstanding beer, and so is Hoegaarden. Not my favorite, but Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is very drinkable as well.

Then again, there is nothing like a double IPA or a nice strong Belgian Ale.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    New Glarus Spotted Cow is very good!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't think this needs to be 21+ only. There are lots of other places in the world that don't have that requirement, and a lot of us (like, you know, Canadians) were legally drinking beer well before that.

Aside from that, Portland is basically Beeropolis. I don't mess around with crap beer. If I'm drinking a beer, I'll just drink whatever beer I want and I can still adjust my calorie intake to be at maintanance for the day at the very least.

Treat yourself!
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    But lets face it though. If you're 18, and drinking beer, you probably just started drinking and haven't quite developed a palette of whats good beer and whats bad beer.

Unless you grow up somewhere with a whole bunch of microbreweries and a family who doesn't waste their time with ****ty booze...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You are doing beer wrong.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    But lets face it though. If you're 18, and drinking beer, you probably just started drinking and haven't quite developed a palette of whats good beer and whats bad beer.

Unless you grow up somewhere with a whole bunch of microbreweries and a family who doesn't waste their time with ****ty booze...

Agreed. And family and friends like mine (Germans!) have been legally drinking awesome brews forever. So it's not like some ignorant 'muricans get to just assume that everyone who uses this site is from the USA and has no palate.
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    AMSTEL LIGHT!!! Only 95 calories, but actually tastes like beer :drinker:
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • fatsofaulkner
    Options
    I am a big fan of Michelob Ultra Amber. 95 calories and pretty tasty.