What is your favorite "new found" low -calorie food?

Options

Replies

• nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow divine filled chocolates and Weight Watchers swiss cheese wedges. Not together of course lol.
  • fit_zoe
    fit_zoe Posts: 4
    Options
    Domo diet Jell-o (banana and strawberry flavor). just 5 calories per serving I think and its yum!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    quakers chocolate crunch rice cakes which are 60 calories. Love love love them :)
  • filoula
    filoula Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im loving homemade hummus on crispbread topped with cucumbers! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
  • Ranna51
    Ranna51 Posts: 24
    Options
    Snack - cherry tomatoes - so good!

Meal - soup made from dry beans, with onion, diced tomatoes, lemon juice, ham cubes (optional) - delicious, very filling, low cal and healthy
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Quark. A whole tub is 175 calories and obviously I don't eat anything like that at a time! I've been having a spoonful of plain quark with porridge for breakfast, or with jam for a low-cal "cheesecake" dessert. I also like the lemon and vanilla flavoured ones.

I'm not always a fan of low-cal food, but sometimes it's handy to have something when you're trying to make your calories stretch throughout the day. I'll go mad for something like quark for a few weeks, and then I'll have had enough of it and have to find something new.
  • Thee365
    Thee365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was thinking about posting a thread like this. Ocean Spray cranberry pomegranate water mixer. It is 5 calories, not zero like most, but the taste is amazing and not too sweet.

I ordered some flat out hungry girl fold-it's. they're like tortilla buns. 100 calories but really good.

Fiber one makes a protein bar that tastes just like a candy bar.

Of course I love my EAS Advantage pre-packaged protein shakes. Chocolate Fudge, yum!

Probably the product that's helped me the most is Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic Vinegarette. It's 15 calories for 2 Tablespoons. Love it!!! But you kinda have to like vinegar.

Thanks for the tip on the chicken hot dogs. I love hot dogs. I will have to try them.
    It is really cool to give and receive new suggestions..... That is real funny/ Today I mixed 100% ocean spray cranberry juice w/water...then I saw your post....How do you make the water mixer?
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fried zucchini. 100 grams only have 19 calories!
    I usually fry it with onions and garlic and have couscous and tomato sauce with it. YUMMM!!!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    non fat cottage cheese :)
  • nminden
    nminden Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE HIT
    2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (strong Dutch type)
    1 packed teaspoon dark Demerara sugar
    pinch of ground cardamom
    pinch of chili powder
    pinch of salt

Mix above ingredients into a tiny dessert bowl
    Add enough drops of hot water to stir into a paste

I look forward to this daily and change the flavours sometimes: e.g. add orange rind, or cinnamon, or nutmeg. This is just a basic idea - you can play with it to make it to your liking. Experiment. If you like a strong chocolate it's quite satisfying.
  • mamamia29
    mamamia29 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes! only 26 calories each

I put cheese spread and cucumbers/tomatoes on them
    or even choc spread and raspberries, Mmmmmmm!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow chocolate!
  • Fuerteventura13
    Options
    Cadburys Curly Wurly bar - 116 cals per bar & low in fat.:wink:
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    filet steak (205 calories per 100 grams) or chicken breast (195 calories per 100 grams) with salad (no dressing) and beetroot (38 calories per 100g)

Jaffa Cake bars - 94 calories

bananas

Mandarins

Weight watchers frozen meals when i am in a hurry - from 197 calories

Fun size Twix bars - 98 calores

Weight watchers tomato soup - 76 calories per can
  • ereinik
    ereinik Posts: 73
    Options
    rice cakes
    kale chips
    oven roasted cabbage slices
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was thinking about posting a thread like this. Ocean Spray cranberry pomegranate water mixer. It is 5 calories, not zero like most, but the taste is amazing and not too sweet.

I ordered some flat out hungry girl fold-it's. they're like tortilla buns. 100 calories but really good.

Fiber one makes a protein bar that tastes just like a candy bar.

Of course I love my EAS Advantage pre-packaged protein shakes. Chocolate Fudge, yum!

Probably the product that's helped me the most is Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic Vinegarette. It's 15 calories for 2 Tablespoons. Love it!!! But you kinda have to like vinegar.

Thanks for the tip on the chicken hot dogs. I love hot dogs. I will have to try them.
    It is really cool to give and receive new suggestions..... That is real funny/ Today I mixed 100% ocean spray cranberry juice w/water...then I saw your post....How do you make the water mixer?

They come in little tube shaped packages, probably 8 or 10 to a box. They're typically used a tube per 16 oz. bottle of water, but that's a bit strong for my tastes. I usually put in about 3/4 of the little tube/packet.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Dried cranberries. A small amount (10g) on Bran Flakes or sprinkled over a salad really gives the food a sweet and slightly chewy kick and all for only 30 calories or so...
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt, full fat. It fills you up and lasts a while. I could live on dairy.
  • keithf1138
    keithf1138 Posts: 63
    Options
    Chobani 0% Greek Yogurt. Load with fresh berries in addition to the flavors. 140 cals plus berries.
    Trader Joes Lime Floes - Popsickle that is just 60 calories and they taste like slightly sweetened fresh limes. Awesome.
    Popchips BBQ when I need something salty.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    smaller portions of all the stuff i already like :)