Is there anything you cannot/will not cut out of your diet?

Options
MissyK222
MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
Hey guys, so I want to eat healthy and I am doing really well but I also want to enjoy life and the two things I cannot and will not cut out completely is chocolate and coffee (with cream and sugar). Of course I eat and drink these in moderation ( I probably drink coffee two to three times a week when I used to every morning). I think that if I am so strict on myself to the point that I think oh my god I wish I COULD have that, I think I would be miserable! Life is too short for me to worry what one little piece of chocolate or a cup of coffee will do to my diet... so anyone else have anything that they will not completely cut out? Or am I just the crazy one who loves these two things too much to let go haha. :happy:

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut out chocolate. I used to love milk chocolate but have switched over to dark chocolate and love it. I eat it almost every day. I also eat an occasional slice of pizza. Nothing is bad as long as its in moderation.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I REALLY like cheese so I won't give that up but have learned to like lower fat kinds.

and I will eat at least some form of chocolate once or twice a week forever
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and pizza.

I eat either one whenever I want to and it hasn't held me back.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Rare beef, cheese, chocolate, crystallized ginger, ginger spread. I will not give those up, and I enjoy most of them nearly every day. Beefsteak, not every day, but several times a week. Quality of life, and all that.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    coffee with cream and sugar, cheese, pasta...really not into cutting out stuff, I eat alot more green stuff, and less of the other stuff,,, moderation, i did totally kick Dr. pepper to the curb, but that was due to a 6 pack a day addiction, if I wanted one now, i probably will have one.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i won't get rid of chocolate. I have it in some form almost every day. It makes me happy :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Anything I enjoy eating. If I want it badly enough to make it fit in my cals for the day, or badly enough to be willing to eat a little less for X number of days to compensate, then I will eat it without guilt. Nothing to feel guilty about if I figure a way to make it work anyway. Anything I cut out will just make me crave it more. Better to just fit it in with as little fuss as possible.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut anything I want. ever.

I have coffee with cream every morning, eat ice cream, cookies, chips...seriously. I just eat in MODERATION and it works for me.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    beer
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Rare beef, cheese, chocolate, crystallized ginger, ginger spread. I will not give those up, and I enjoy most of them nearly every day. Beefsteak, not every day, but several times a week. Quality of life, and all that.

Crystallized ginger? I thought I was the only one. I don't eat it too often, but I love that sweet/ hot deliciousness!
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Beer mostly. When I started my 'big plan' last summer I did a 90 day beer fast. I'm glad I did it, but no way I'd do it for life. Just not worth it.

Instead I'll eat way less meat than I normally did and make room for my passions, which include craft beers.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vodka. :drinker:
  • Casilibre
    Casilibre Posts: 21
    Options
    Dark chocolate & mayo with my steamed broccoli. I've got it down to .5 tbs, pretty good from how much I used to eat. :)
  • bugzlooney
    bugzlooney Posts: 12
    Options
    Vodka. :drinker:

:laugh:

Even if just a little right? I hear in Australia the docs recommend 4 drinks a day? Here in the US it's like 2-3?
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Aunt jemima pancakes(I know there are protein pancakes but I love my aunt jemima pancakes)
    Chocolate
    Bacon
    Gelato
    Wheat
    Pizza
    Mayonnaise
    Salt
    Any sweets like frosted sugar cookies or pastry

Things that I have cut out are: frozen meals, McDonalds. I'm not craving them and haven't binged since I started. :wink:
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and alcohol!
    I have cut down and only drink wine on the weekend now...don't drink liquor or beer...but I adore good wine:)
    Also, I eat raw vegan dark chocolate...I put raw cocoa powder in my morning shake (which is really good for you and high in anti oxidants) and eat a live raw chocolate mousse dessert when I am being naughty ;)
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I added bagels bacon cheesesteak sandwiches beer wine lots of ice cream chocolate pasta pizza to my diet...then the weight started to fly off! not kidding:) Great thread thanks!
  • bugzlooney
    bugzlooney Posts: 12
    Options
    CHEESE!!
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, chocolate, and occasional pizza for sure.....
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    Candy! I eat it every single day; I know. . . not good. :blushing: