Is there anything you cannot/will not cut out of your diet?

Options

Replies

• MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    having the mindset that you need to cut things out of your diet is silly.

you can eat whatever you want within your calories.

why make yourself feel deprived?

I totally agree... I just dont understand people who limit themselves sooo much!! I'm sorry but although food is fuel...is should be enjoyed as well...
  • MissyK222
    Options
    Pancakes. I just have them a little less often and in smaller portions. Then I up the amount of egg whites instead. :laugh:

Protein pancakes my friend. The key to making them like regular pancakes is buttermilk. But a scoop of whey, a little whole wheat flour, vanilla, and buttermilk. The BEST.

I want to try protien pancakes!!! I will have to do that..!:smile:
  • MissyK222
    Options
    dark chocolate- I eat at least one piece a day.

Bread- I have really cut down on how much I eat. But, if I want to be happy, I need bread in my life.

oh my god I love bread!!! I have been cuting it out more then I would like but, if I really want it I wont deprive myself of it!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Same here. I especially LOVE hot fries/popcorn/cheetos, etc. and so much more, and I am adamant in my decision to continue eating these foods. Some people go crazy and become health nuts, but I believe that that is not the way to go about a weight loss journey. I think it's unwise to cut out your favorite foods for a particular period of time; that's a diet. Once your diet is over, you might gain weight as you start eating your favorite foods again. However, if you go on a lifestyle change and learn to eat your favorites in moderation, you'll likely keep off any lost weight for forever. It's okay if you fail sometimes. Keep trying (HARD) and eventually you'll learn to eat your favorites foods in moderation while losing/maintaining your weight. <3 ^_^
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Man meat
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Chocolate and Smash Burger... their Veggie Frites are just way too delicious.
  • carolhelpinghands
    Options
    I love my coffee with cream every morning and sometimes I like a diet pepsi after 3pm. I drink water with lemon all through the day and I eat very good I have always but I have 30 lbs to go and Im stuck. My doctor says I need to lose 30 and that Im stressing very much which could be keeping the weight on.
  • beanymac22
    beanymac22 Posts: 47
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out. Like a few people said it's all about moderation. I still eat out every so often, last time I went to McDonalds I got a kids meal. same satisfaction, way less calories. I do have to be careful with chips though, I find It hard to stop at a proper portion size.. haha
  • christied829
    Options
    Coffee with sweetened creamer every morning. I recently tried to switch to sugar-free Coffemate and it ruined my coffee, that stuff is nasty!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    pop
  • twestla70
    twestla70 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wine - I have significantly reduced my intake - but find myself walking the dog alot more to allow for a glass or two on the weekend. The pup is very happy to facilitate my habit. :laugh:
  • m_poch
    m_poch Posts: 1
    Options
    If science ever proved that coffee was bad for you, I would start looking for my burial plot.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out. Like a few people said it's all about moderation. I still eat out every so often, last time I went to McDonalds I got a kids meal. same satisfaction, way less calories. I do have to be careful with chips though, I find It hard to stop at a proper portion size.. haha

i also do this lol i basically eat everything i used to just in moderation and in my calorie intake.
  • MissyK222
    Options
    I love my coffee with cream every morning and sometimes I like a diet pepsi after 3pm. I drink water with lemon all through the day and I eat very good I have always but I have 30 lbs to go and Im stuck. My doctor says I need to lose 30 and that Im stressing very much which could be keeping the weight on.

Oh yeah stress is a major factor of weight gain (an other health problems).... just relax and it will come off... :) gotta think positive and dont give up!! We all have it in us to reach our goals, but sometimes we just got to be patient as well. :smile:
  • MissyK222
    Options
    If science ever proved that coffee was bad for you, I would start looking for my burial plot.

oh no I dont believe its the coffee... but the creamer and sugar probably isnt that great lol but I can't do my coffee plain... it has to have flavor :smile:
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hookers and blow.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut out chocolate, coffee and wine. I still have all three daily but in small amounts. My morning starts with coffee, and my day ends with a small piece of brownie and a glass of shiraz.
  • MissyK222
    Options
    Wine - I have significantly reduced my intake - but find myself walking the dog alot more to allow for a glass or two on the weekend. The pup is very happy to facilitate my habit. :laugh:

isnt it known that a glass of red wine a night is good for you?? I thought I read that somewhere... I dont drink everynight but I want to say red wine has something in it that is known to benefit us...
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

isnt it known that a glass of red wine a night is good for you?? I thought I read that somewhere... I dont drink everynight but I want to say red wine has something in it that is known to benefit us...

mmm....... smoking was good for you once. its not always good to trust scientific studies published by the industries that produce products.

so maybe. but maybe not. :)
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out. I have learned to eat shellfish, eggs, salmon, bananas, and coconut water in moderation for health reasons. I eat far less butter, but I still eat it. I am working to set myself up for a healthy relationship with all food. The fact that the cakes, cookies, and candy in this country are not nearly as good as those back home helps a lot!