Is there anything you cannot/will not cut out of your diet?

Options

Replies

• cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream and sugar. That was my only non-negotiable. Now, I used to have 3-5 cups a day but since realizing how many calories that was I now have one per day and if I'm lucky, I can sometimes calorically afford a second one.

I wish I could include chocolate but I know me and I would end up like Sister Assumpta from a Father Ted episode, sitting in a corner in a chocolate frenzied state shoving as much as I could into my cakehole.
  • sidewinder76
    sidewinder76 Posts: 287
    Options
    I will not cut out coffee with cream and sugar!

Things I have, lunch meat, soda, mc d's, fast food in general...I still eat cheese, pizza loss of dairy but in reasonable amounts
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ooo, thanks for the tip about ginger syrup, will probably order some when it's back in stock! :)
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    My sons burrito's <<Way better than Moe's.....But for me he uses ground 99% free range ground turkey breast. and wheat free millet wraps...So I guess that doesn't count.....hmmmmm

So I guess since pizza! greasy, salty, loads of cheese, and veggie laden pizza is my fav I would have to say that is one....(I have had it 3 times in 18 weeks)

and

Olive garden Egg Plant parm with angel hair (4 times in 21 weeks)

BUT......I eat organic, free range, hormone and antibiotic and grass fed when ever I can. I am sugar sub free, and alcohol free, and only use organic honey, and have had 4 tsp of raw organic sugar in the past 20 weeks.

The foods I mention above are my "treat meals" every 6 to 14 days, to re-nergize my losses....along with a few other things I have had, such as Cracker barrel, Panera bread, McD's fish....but those I COULD LIVE WITHOUT....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I really haven't cut out much of anything. I have greatly reduced my portions and am perfectly happy with the amount of food I get to eat now that I am basically trying to maintain my loss.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, cheese, & peanut butter.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up zero because I can't live life hiding from foods I love. Wrong way to go about it if you do or very boring. Eat a bit less add in some exercise and there you go weight loss.
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will NOT cut out coffee and chocolate. However, I did go from having coffee with a ton of sugar and over 4 servings of creamer to just having two servings of creamer and no added sugar in it! Big step and over time, but now I love it and take in way less calories.

The only thing I really gave up completely is Mountain Dew. I was horribly addicted! Everything else I eat in moderation!

:)
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Alcohol. Meat.
  • rosah2
    rosah2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Coffee with CoffeeMate non dairy creamer. I have it every morning; as many cups as I want. Always at least 2-3 cups. I don't log it and don't really consider it food. It is just an essential part of my morning.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I cannot and will not cut out anything. Food is MY b**ch (not the other way around) and I remind it of that every time I eat in moderation.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Anything I enjoy eating. If I want it badly enough to make it fit in my cals for the day, or badly enough to be willing to eat a little less for X number of days to compensate, then I will eat it without guilt. Nothing to feel guilty about if I figure a way to make it work anyway. Anything I cut out will just make me crave it more. Better to just fit it in with as little fuss as possible.

This.
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    Coffee. I have a cup every morning with one Splenda and a tablespoon of sugar free flavored creamer (I used to drink 2-3 cups but I have learned to limit myself). I can't give up ice cream either, but now I limit myself to a Skinny Cow ice cream bar a couple times a week.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I can't cut out meat or eggs, because it's like 80% of my diet, LOL.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I refuse to cut out chocolate. I used to love milk chocolate but have switched over to dark chocolate and love it. I eat it almost every day. I also eat an occasional slice of pizza. Nothing is bad as long as its in moderation.

Oh yeah I love Dark Chocolate as well!! :happy:
  • MissyK222
    Options

I wish I could include chocolate but I know me and I would end up like Sister Assumpta from a Father Ted episode, sitting in a corner in a chocolate frenzied state shoving as much as I could into my cakehole.

haha I know what you mean... its hard to have one piece :tongue:
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate- I eat at least one piece a day.

Bread- I have really cut down on how much I eat. But, if I want to be happy, I need bread in my life.
  • MissyK222
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything. I did give up alcohol and soft drink (soda) for January. This was mostly a habit change. Now I am just having things in moderation, or basically within my calorie allowance .

I have given up pepsi...I love pepsi and i always had it in my frig but had to cut it.... now I only drink coffee, tea and water...
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that I will cut out of my diet!! Ok I did cut back on potato chips a bit, but I will not deprive myself!
  • chawny77
    chawny77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coffee mate (powdered). I love it! I've tried cutting it out and putting milk in my coffee. Not as good.