Biggest Pet Peeves

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Okay two more, people who try to walk in to public restrooms when the door is closed without knocking. Luckily I always lock the door, but who really just walks right in? This is a public restroom, not ya momma's house.

Distracted driving in general, but especially texting. Trust me, no one and nothing is that important that you have to put my life and every one else's life, including yours, in danger so you can say "lolllz i'll totes be there in a min". Before anyone says "I text while I drive all the time and I've never been in an accident" well yes. You've never been in one, yet. No one is invincible.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    People who have to mention that the food they just ate was organic.. You see it on the forum sometimes.. Like if someone is talking about fat.. someone will say something like "Oh I get all my fat from my morning organic egg and free range organic sausage"

People who tell you how disgusting the food you are eating is. UGH. If one more person tells me how disgusting my chiaseed lemonade looks I think I'll find out if it looks any better if with it dumped on his/her head.... don't even get me started on what people have said about my chicken salad with avocado subbed for mayonnaise.

People who assume that just because you're very obese that you must never leave the couch and give you advice like.. Well, maybe quit soda and walk for 10 minutes after dinner.... UH right.. UM, I do have issues with portion control, but soda ISN'T my problem an a 10 minute walk is a joke compared with the 5 mile hike I just got back from... even at 360 pounds I could be found on the hiking trail or out in the canoe or in a Zumba class.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    People assume I'm either mean, a lesbian or both...just because of the way I look.
    Its annoying that its 2013 and men and women all over the place are still expected to follow the standards that society has set for whats beautiful and what isn't.
    You're damn right my head is shaved.
    My husband thinks I'm beautiful and so do I.
    Thats all that matters.

I think you look friendly and cute.. and not in a "hey you're cute and I think you're a lesbian" sort of way.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Oh I have so many I don't know where to start! I think I must be the most judgemental person ever.
    One I hate is when I am doing lengths in the FAST lane at the pool, some stupid person is in the wrong lane and blocking my way. They should be in the slow or family lanes. Whew! I do usually tell them, but CAN'T THEY READ!:explode:
    Even worse is when TWO women decide to swim slowly down the lane chatting to each other. I swim straight through the middle of them. Why do they look surprised!
    In fact, to be honest, it has so p****d me off that I don't go any more, which is a shame as I love it and I am good at it. The attendants should police the thing better.

i know the feeling... there's this couple at my gym who stand and mess about in the fast lane, there's a huge family lane for them to not swim in, and a member who was from another club in the chain ( seriously good-competition level) asked the lifeguard if she could have a word with them as they were not swimming-just standing there chatting.

the guard approached them and asked them really nicely if they were not going to swim to move to the family lane, bearing in mind she was probably about 17, and their response was " well where are we going to go?"

so this poor guy got stuck in the slow lane with me, doing 2 laps to my one and a somersault push-off at the end of each lap. i felt so sorry for him....those people are so rude- they're rarely actually doing any swimming and always in the fast lane!

rudeness, lies and poor manners really get on my nerves!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When driving, and I need to get over, and I try to pass someone in the right hand lane to do it, and they just pace me so I can't get into the lane.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When people don't say "thank you" when they should. :sad:

:grumble:

I make it a point to say "you're welcome" to them, in a genuine tone, with a smile on my face.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    When driving, and I need to get over, and I try to pass someone in the right hand lane to do it, and they just pace me so I can't get into the lane.

Can you legally pass on the right, anyway?
    Options

Can you legally pass on the right, anyway?

I mean if they are in the right, and I am in the left. LOL! Bad wording on my part!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Door to door salespeople on a Sunday ..... Mother's Day! :grumble:
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    People who look at your weight loss and then say "You need to eat a burger! You're getting too thin!!"
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Serious: when women date d-bags and want to know why he cheats and it ends badly. Like it did with the last four d-bags. Then they want to play the martyr and say "all guys are d-bags" and you just want to smack some reality into them.

Less Serious: grown *kitten* people who pop their gum. That is something you have to work at doing. So STOP!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Putting on your make-up in the car (the damn light is green, move it!)

MY worst pet-peeve - talking on your cell phone while driving (which is illegal in this state, unless you have a bluetooth). Especially the people who are not paying attention to the road and swerving and almost cause accidents then they yell at me for not being careful - um, you're on your phone. That's a $160+ ticket, want me to call the cop now or later?

I love the people who hold the phone out while on speakerphone and say "but I'm not holding the phone up to my ear, it's speakerphone". You're still holding your ****ing phone. \What part of hands-free don't you understand?

Also people who tell me I don't need to lose weight. It's my body, thanks for tell me how to live. You, on the other hand... LEt me tell you all your flaws.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options

MY worst pet-peeve - talking on your cell phone while driving (which is illegal in this state, unless you have a bluetooth). Especially the people who are not paying attention to the road and swerving and almost cause accidents then they yell at me for not being careful - um, you're on your phone. That's a $160+ ticket, want me to call the cop now or later?

I love the people who hold the phone out while on speakerphone and say "but I'm not holding the phone up to my ear, it's speakerphone". You're still holding your ****ing phone. \What part of hands-free don't you understand?

Also people who tell me I don't need to lose weight. It's my body, thanks for tell me how to live. You, on the other hand... LEt me tell you all your flaws.

It's illegal here in Canada too, but it's no electronic device in your hand at all,

I also hate when I tell people Im trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle and they say something like "omg! You're not fat!" And I'm just like, I know you're trying to be nice, but please... I'm not stupid.
  • michellechawner
    Options

It's illegal here in Canada too, but it's no electronic device in your hand at all,

I also hate when I tell people Im trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle and they say something like "omg! You're not fat!" And I'm just like, I know you're trying to be nice, but please... I'm not stupid.

YES. Everyone is all you don't even weigh that much, you're fine.

REALLY? when I started I wore a size 10. Now, I'm in a 6/8. IT's my body, NOT yours. Have you seen me naked? NOPE, THEN NO OPINION!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options

YES. Everyone is all you don't even weigh that much, you're fine.

REALLY? when I started I wore a size 10. Now, I'm in a 6/8. IT's my body, NOT yours. Have you seen me naked? NOPE, THEN NO OPINION!

Yup, it really annoys me. Last time I checked 200 lbs at 5"8 is fat! 50 lbs ago I wasn't fat but clearly you can tell I've gained so please.... kindly stfu lol
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I hate:

Repetitive music, like from video games. I am always yelling, "MUTE!" :devil:

When people bite their forks and scrape their food off through clenched teeth. :mad:

When my husband sleeps later on weekends and does not make the bed afterward. :huh:

When people can not get their clothes into the hamper, but will toss them on the floor three feet away. :explode:

When people dump trash in the can, miss the can and leave the junk on the floor. :sick:

When ANYONE adjusts the seats in my van. :noway: :noway: :noway:

Is it just me? Am I the mean one?
    Options
    I hate:

Repetitive music, like from video games. I am always yelling, "MUTE!" :devil:

When people bite their forks and scrape their food off through clenched teeth. :mad:

When my husband sleeps later on weekends and does not make the bed afterward. :huh:

When people can not get their clothes into the hamper, but will toss them on the floor three feet away. :explode:

When people dump trash in the can, miss the can and leave the junk on the floor. :sick:

When ANYONE adjusts the seats in my van. :noway: :noway: :noway:

Is it just me? Am I the mean one?
    You are all up in my head! I especially hate when my husband drives the mommy machine and messes with the seat, mirrors and ac vents! I really just wish he would fix the ac vents, I hate when they are blowing right in my face!
  • nanusimprobus
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when she makes me take a shower.

I really hate it when she makes me wash off my natural bacon smell. It takes about two or three weeks without a shower into order to properly develop it. Also, I hate water.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    This one really gets me - when people refer to the forward slash / as a back slash \
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When people make a big deal about ducklips

I'll seriously delete you if you post a meme on facebook calling girls who do duckface "*kitten*"