naturists - Get nude - be happy!

Options
Silvervixen79
Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
I know there are alot of mixed feelings out there about naturism and getting nude, but I've found the experience of a naturist holiday does amazing things for self confidence!!!

First its a huge achievement to get past the fear of being so exposed but then soon you realise how different every body is, whether you are 100 or 400 lbs, it doesnt matter... and you learn to accept and love what youve got ;) I've been a few times, now have no issues stripping off!!!

What is everyone elses take on it?

Replies

• stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I honestly would never do it! Although I am 25 I think that immature part of me would come out and I would get the giggles and I maybe point without realising lol.

Hats off to you but I just couldn't do it haha
  • kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i'd be concerned that people would be asking a lot of questions about some scars i have, which would make me uncomfortable. i never ask anyone anything personal. i dont even ask people what they do for a living! lol. i let people tell me as much as they want to tell me and leave it at that. i wish more people would do that, but i suppose that would lead to a lot of silence and many aren't comfortable with silence. i never know how to react when people ask me questions i'd rather not answer.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Nope! I would never have the self confidence to strip down in front of strangers.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It probably does do amazing things for self confidence. I don't know if I could take that step just yet. Maybe I could ....
  • Silvervixen79
    Options
    I go to the La Jenny resort in Bordeaux France, I've never actually had any conversations or comments with other people on vacation staying at the resort, I think everyone is much more interested in their own family/partner. No singles are allowed (to prevent gawkers) so you have to go with someone.

Parts of the resort are clothes optional (on-site grocery store and restaurant) but other parts such as the pool area is strictly no clothes. They have yoga, tennis, archery etc classes, bike and segway rental - all in the buff! Women playing tennis naked is quite funny - especially if big busted!
  • ColdKarmaGrl
    ColdKarmaGrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea that you can't go alone at the resort in France. Every time I think of a nude beach, I think of the film Eurotrip!

Buttttt.......like I said to you in a comment, Juicy, I don't know if I would/could do the whole nudity thing or not. But, you never know!! I think if were just my husband and I going to the beach, and not going with his family, then yes, I would be o.k. with it. But we're staying with my husband's cousins when we're in Spain and I don't really want to see them naked. :p
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Being naked around others don't bother me. If they don't like it they can look away
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I can do nudity, but where I live it isn't recommended. Maybe 3 months out of the year. :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am currently nude and happy.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    There is a world famous nude beach here where I live. Hubby and I went there this past Christmas Day just to check it out. He took it all off, but I stayed in my bikini.

After all the hype and initial *shock* of seeing all manner of naked people... it was ok. Not exciting or giggly or titilating (sp?) or gross or anything... it was just ok.

I'm ok going nude at home (or in front of *select* individuals), but being naked out in public? Nah...I pass.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, no big deal.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    It sure must be fun for all you ladies but what happens if a guys spots a real hottie and gets "excited".That could be embarrassing as hell lol
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I can do nudity, but where I live it isn't recommended. Maybe 3 months out of the year. :)

darn :-P
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm almost always naked at home. :laugh:

Tropical country. :grumble:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    my boobs like bras.

also, i see too many naked bodies at work. i want a holiday to be different.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I like being naked. :flowerforyou:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the "taboo" with nudity. It's comfortable. We're all human, and we've all seen naked people, so I never see what the big deal is about being naked or clothed. It certainly doesn't bother me to be nude or to see people nude.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the "taboo" with nudity. It's comfortable. We're all human, and we've all seen naked people, so I never see what the big deal is about being naked or clothed. It certainly doesn't bother me to be nude or to see people nude.

The "taboo" is the fact that people think being nude = something sexual when it doesn't.

I am a big fan of being nude and vacation at a "clothing optional" resort twice a year. It's liberating and a lot of fun. The best thing about being naked is there's no pretentiousness. I have no idea if you're a a doctor, lawyer, politician etc. because your Rolex and fancy jewelry is in the safe. I've met and made some of my best friends at the resort we go to.
  • sprinthard
    sprinthard Posts: 44
    Options
    Nude is natural!
  • Silvervixen79
    Options
    I am currently nude and happy.

Awesome! :happy: